The Megaphone is derp

I've literally never touched it ever. Because after Nintendogs ohgodno.

it works fine for me then again the villagers in my town have simply names LOL

I feel dumb...no clue what Nintendogs is...
Nintendogs was a DS game where you could adopt virtual puppies and you had to speak into the microphone a LOT to teach them tricks and make sire they learned their name. c:

Personally, I've never had problems with the Megaphone... but I only use it once in a blue moon. The only characters I've called are Deirdre, Diana, Fuchsia, Snake, and Merengue. As long as I enunciate and speak clearly, it can tell who I'm asking for just fine o:

Last edited:
*Tries to use Megaphone to call Chadder*
"There are no snow people in Spring!" or something along the lines of that...
This has happened numerous times. >_>

Phoebe is very hard to call... I supposed I wasn't pronouncing it right at first! Calling for Camofrog seems to alert Fauna/Kapp'n. It's still better than the voice recognition on my phone, that's sorta a joke :)

I haven't had any craziness with it yet, as I typically know where my villagers like to roam so it's easy to find them.

The one time I did try to use it to find Lolly, I ran to each part of my town and tried to call her...no response. I checked every wing of the museum exhibit and buildings on main street cause, ya know, can't use the blasted thing on main street.
No Lolly.

Knowing that going in and out of buildings can reset where a villager is, I ran around my town again, calling her.
Still no response.

Turned out she was in her house.
>.>

I never used the megaphone because it rarely works for me. Normally I try to call a villager and they either don't react or it calls another villager that I wasn't calling in the first place. :/

Sahara responds the best out of anyone. I have a lot of trouble with single-syllable villager names.

This thread is back?! o.o
Kapp'n why you respond...

Ugh the New Leaf megaphone is just as terrible as the Pokemon Amie camera for the mini-game

I typically get everyone 1st or 2nd time except a couple days ago I was having the WORST luck with Joan. Took my half an hour to find her in my peach orchard x-x otherwise, the villagers work great! But I do have easy names which helps :3

Who uses the megaphone xD. Ive never had problems with it anywho

This thread is back?! o.o
Kapp'n why you respond...

Ugh the New Leaf megaphone is just as terrible as the Pokemon Amie camera for the mini-game

I thought I was the only one who hated how bad the facial recognition was in that game!

Yeah, I just have to say the first few letters of the villagers name in a stupid voice for it to work...

I can't tell you how many times I've almost thrown my 3ds at the wall because the stupid megaphone is so annoying and glitchy. Even worse than the wrong person answering, or having to say their names funny, is the times where you see your character using the microphone, there's sound waves coming out of it, but it just glitches and doesn't stop. SO then not only is it not helping, but you have to wait 5 seconds or whatever for it to uselessly have sound waves coming out, where you can't walk or move or anything. >.< SOOO annoying.

They need to fix the dumb megaphone. Seriously.

Back