White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Tasty Cake
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Deer are pretty much my favourite animal in real life, but I've found myself strangely detached from the deer species (apart from Deirdre) because most of the deer don't look like deer, ESPECIALLY the boys. The only boy deer who even looks like he might really be a deer is Bam, and he's bright blue. Zell, Lopez and Bruce look like gazelles, Beau looks like an antelope, and Erik looks like a moose...

I know that there have been instances of this in the past, like Drago being an alligator but looking like a dragon, or Savannah being a horse but looking like a zebra, but this is pretty much half of the whole deer species in the game. I'm not saying that they look bad btw!! I'm just saying that, as a deer enthusiast, I really wish that they had had more look like actual deer.

Personally I think Erik looks like a reindeer, so I've always thought him pretty deer-like, but yes, I'll agree with you on the rest. I actually thought Bruce was one of the goats at one point. I love Beau and Erik, and I've also had Zell, and Fuchsia (a girl, I know) is one of my keepers too, I adore the deer and if I had to pick my very favourite species I'd probably pick them, but I see what you mean, I thibk they have really good designs in the main, but I personally think Erik is the most acurate.

To me, the male deer look like deer. But I only like female deer (and by that i mean only Diana) A lot of the deer have really weird eyes. I don't now why but the eyes freak me out so bad. Zell WAS a dreamie of mine beacuse I loved his fanart it made him look so gosh darn adorable, but then I saw what he actually looked like in-game and it freaked me out, Diana is the only 'normal' looking deer to me, the rest are weird.

To me, the male deer look like deer. But I only like female deer (and by that i mean only Diana) A lot of the deer have really weird eyes. I don't now why but the eyes freak me out so bad. Zell WAS a dreamie of mine beacuse I loved his fanart it made him look so gosh darn adorable, but then I saw what he actually looked like in-game and it freaked me out, Diana is the only 'normal' looking deer to me, the rest are weird.

whaaa- you think Fauna looks weird?? isnt Diana an albino deer??

I love all the deer so much omg

Bam is my all time favorite villager.
But this is their debut game. They still have to work out some kinks, and then add more in the new games!

I love the deer actually! But I do agree, they don't look much like deer.

For me Zell and Bam don't look like a deer. Fauna is the only one who look like a deer.

I actually really like the deer, and I've never really thought they don't look like deer. Well, I've never looked at one and thought 'WHAT IS THAT?!' anyway.

Although I see what you mean, I think it's just Animal Crossing. Most animals tend to be brightly coloured and that kind of diverts away from the IRL version of that animal.

I actually really like the deer, and I've never really thought they don't look like deer. Well, I've never looked at one and thought 'WHAT IS THAT?!' anyway.

Although I see what you mean, I think it's just Animal Crossing. Most animals tend to be brightly coloured and that kind of diverts away from the IRL version of that animal.

I don't dislike the deer, but they just don't particularly grab my attention the way I wish they would with me being such a big fan of deer.

I probably should have left out the thing about Bam being blue, I'm not against villagers having unnatural colours, but a lot of them have very very not-deer-like antlers, and three of them have fur patterns that are pretty heavily gazelle-ish.

Yeah, most of the animals in this game don't really look like their real life counterparts. My town is all cats, and Lolly and Punchy are the only ones that look like they could be real cats. The rest are all brightly colored with human hair or some type of human accessory on them.

Y'know its not something I ever paid attention to but your right, it's strange to not have an actual male deer, I guess Erik being a caribou counts?

They are "deer", they look like deer in the sense that they have antlers and similar face structure.... the closest I could find was Ruminantia for the Scientific Classification...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just like the ostriches don't all look like ostriches, one looks like a swan, or flamingo, and other a crane.... Just they share the same general body structure of an ostrich.

Y'know its not something I ever paid attention to but your right, it's strange to not have an actual male deer, I guess Erik being a caribou counts?

I think Bam is more of a caribou, Erik looks like a moose to me ouo

- - - Post Merge - - -

They are "deer", they look like deer in the sense that they have antlers and similar face structure.... the closest I could find was Ruminantia for the Scientific Classification...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just like the ostriches don't all look like ostriches, one looks like a swan, or flamingo, and other a crane.... Just they share the same general body structure of an ostrich.

I know that sometimes the villagers don't look like the species they belong to, like Savannah being part of the horse species but looking like a zebra, but I think that 5 out of 6 male deer don't even look like deer is pretty intense.

I just wanted to say, I like that you are a "deer enthusiast." I don't think I've ever heard anyone label themselves as such.

But I've never seen any of the deer actually in game, so I hadn't noticed this before. I've seen a pic of Erik that made him look reindeer-ish, but prob wasn't a good pic of him. I suppose whoever designed them didn't have quite the same fondness for deer/stags. Or just wanted different grazing-type animals without having several animal categories.

my fav bam looks like a deer(i mean a blue one, but still), erik is a cute lil reindeer.

the other male deers look like different types of antelopes(gazelles, etc)

nvm you addressed this in your main post....

Last edited:
Back