Strong Town Lean
Slight Town Lean
Null
Suspicious
Slight Scum Lean
Strong Scum Lean

In order:

Glow

I've liked Glow's approach overall, she came in and expressed here thoughts vocally which shows she doesn't have any reluctance in what she is saying. Her tone doesn't sway any signals for me but I think I felt the same way in Themeless mafia (where she was town) so that can be reflective of her town play. Her content has been pretty good thus far and has pointed out things that I never thought of beforehand, example: Dolby's redundancy when saying his posts were low quality to defend himself from possible criticism for his lacklustre posts and self admitting that is in a bid to defend himself. Her activity has been lacking which sucks because Glow is really helpful and she did a really great job in Themeless mafia so I would love to see more of her, lack of activity from Glow is more so part of her scum meta than town meta (I'm pretty sure) but so are short posts with no substance which I haven't seen yet.

Dad

At first I got a gut feeling about Dad, so I came up with possible explanations for why I felt that way. Neither of the points I made were particularly good (I said that in that same post and several times afterwards) and after further consideration I think it just boils down to a gut feeling and the fact that his "support" of me reminds me of other scum players doing so just to get in good books which is why I said what I said.

I've liked his posts so far especially the pressuring of Aron and other players, which is always indicative of town to me, it looks like he's making a genuine effort so far and it's appreciated because he has generated a lot of answers from players who don't sit right with me. Calling out coasters such as Oath is something noteworthy as well. He has been one of the most active showing he has plenty of motivation and intent to help us.

Daniel

His lack of motivation, content and general care for the game is reflective of lazy town.

It'd be nice to see more meaningful contributions but I don't see that happening.

Karen

I don't understand what is really scummy about Karen? Dolby saw a post, that was an obvious joke between Karen and Daniel, and turned it into something when it was really nothing. Since then she has been getting heat and it doesn't seem right. Her activity and effort has been lacking because she is busy, she is stated this and if people grill her for it my eyebrow will raise further. I don't like this fixation on the people you know though, you should be looking at everyone in the same light. That would be the only thing off about Karen so far.

Overall the judgements that she has received so far are unfair and makes me feel as though she is town along with her joking nature which was not present in her game as scum.

Chick

Chick was notably absent for a while, so were/are many other players but what I find odd is the first post Chick comes out with a post that is large and finely written. I think this boils down to the fact that she hasn't been attacked, pressured, etcetera because when she is, she struggles to come out with decent posts and gets extremely defensive so it's nice to see a change of playstyle from her.

I think she is town because her effort seems to be genuine as well as her tone, the content in the posts do seem flawed at times but I can clearly see that she is trying and that she is coming up with ideas. Her activity is somewhat decent despite her busy schedule and she is interacting well with us all, as I can't see any hesitation in what she has to say.

Overall a large improvement from previous games and she has never really got a chance to do this without getting her head bitten off which I sympathise with.

Bianca

Awkward wording that could get her lynched like that time in Alola Mafia? Check.
Decent activity? Check.
Decent contributions? Check.
Genuine tone which she perfects as scum but you still think she must be town? Check.

On the lower end on my town reads because of her really genuine tone in the Franchise Wars, with that said, that was her first proper mafia game so she would come off as genuine no matter what because she was clueless of the mechanics then.

Evan

Well there hasn't been any unbearable arrogance from him yet which is a scum characteristic of his from the Franchise Wars but Death by Design (he was town) proves that he can be the same no matter his alignment. It hasn't been a thing here so it's left me wondering.

I can't really put my finger on his tone so I can't see anything about him in terms of that, throwing out an accusation which is false is interesting and makes me believe he is town after a little more though about him. The reason would be the fact that I think he would be a lot more careful about what he says because he would (has, lol) get (got, lol) called out on it and saying that without fact checking himself shows that he says what he thinks instead of hesitating. Which is town tell to me and his activity is pretty good.

His jokes aren't alignment indicative in case people think so btw, he can do that whenever he's laid back (Smash 2 Mafia, Mystic Messenger) or when he's under pressure (Franchise Wars).

Fleshy

I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about Fleshy, I feel as though there is something different. Maybe it's just me.

The contributions have been pretty good along with his activity.

Ness

Somewhat active at the beginning and then he started fading away.

Jacob

Hasn't posted anything.

Tina

Hasn't posted anything.

Oath2Order

Looks as though he is coasting, claims most of the bother earlier was about meta but people were mostly talking about the events in this game and solely this game. He is apparently playing mafia on Discord so he has to distribute his activity between the two I suppose.

Kit

"Hi memers" has helped us a great deal and I really appreciate the contribution, indeedy very much so. Her two other posts are basically digs at Dad which aren't good or noteworthy at all because they aren't really explained, it was basically "I feel this & that & that" without really saying anything that helps us too significantly.

Why, in depth, do you feel this way about Dad?

I feel as though Oath or Kit could possibly be scum out of the nulls list. I don't have strong feelings about any of these people hence why all of them are null, lol. If Tina or Jacob were scum I would expect more posts, the same goes for Ness but all of these people could just be genuinely busy and struggling to find the time so idk.

Dolby

He made a big deal out of a obvious joke between Karen and Daniel but he only brought up Karen in that situation, shouldn't both of them be given the same amount of heat? I admit I did see his point at first but I don't think it has much merit now and the amount of attention he put on Karen just to slowly wiggle his way out of that topic is interesting because it seems as though he has moved onto me and Aron, both of us our currently getting the heat (Aron for valid reasons, me for stupid reasons) so it's weird that when other people are the main topics at hand he just leaves what he was pushing behind. It's clear that you didn't have much merit in it yourself otherwise you would have pushed more and more but you've moved away from it more and more.

There's also the fact that you are making excuses for posts with less substance so you can't be called out on them, it seems that way at least.

I get that people are busy because I am one of those people though.

In short: It's pretty clear that everything Karen has done so far is nothing short of a joke, that includes that vote against Daniel. You are most likely reaching for nothing and I'm surprised you haven't caught onto that yourself.

Heyden

Tried to reaction test me or something but they're too irrelevant for me to realize, hahahahaha.

But seriously.

The contributions haven't been great, you have focused on me more than anybody so the tunnelling is strong with this one.

The only other person who you've really commented on would be Aron which is weird because we are literally two of the people who are being sussed the most. You later go on to say that you feel as though he is genuine to move your suspicions on from him to fully put your focus on me.

Aron/Heyden team?

Cleb

Not the most spectacular read but something about Cleb doesn't feel right.

When I reacted to Evan's false accusation against me he felt as though that was something that needed looked into, I later explained that being the receiving end of a false accusation no matter what my alignment (I hate people lying about me in real life as well) is.

What bugs me about this is that he said that we need to look into my reaction yet there hasn't been any real intent to look into himself, with effort anyway. After I had explained why I reacted the way I did there hasn't been much discussion since, this is could be because of his schedule though.

Aronthaer

Many of their posts are excuses about not being very active yesterday when they were probably one of they most active people. Their responses to Dad in particular are interesting, they weren't really too defensive and in some of them he outright agrees with Dad's points against him or at least sees his points, he goes on to town read Dad which could be an attempt to appease him, like many others have said before me. The reads list itself wasn't really good.

No fancy schmancy colors from me as usual, organized in descending order of towniness (so the lower you are, the less I think you're town)

Townleans:
Fleshy – I don’t get the scumleans on fleshy? I think he’s being very active, thoughtful, and helpful. None of his posts seem to have a hidden motivation behind them (except maybe scum!fleshy tried to find a target with me and Zendel? I doubt it).

Dad – for sake of argument I’ll assume dad is likely town for now. The soft interactions with Dolby haven’t really gone anywhere imo (perhaps distancing? Unlikely and hard to say at this point), he’s going after a lot of people and makes very compelling points.

Chick – after I commanded told her to get on mafia in the discord she suddenly showed up :p But she has explained herself and has been a strong presence ever since she came in to the thread, so I’mma townlean her for that for now.

Glow – seems to be trying to contribute and ask questions. Weak townlean rn

Xcleb – asking good questions, weak townlean since I haven’t seen much of him lately (probably timezones but there has been a lot going on and I want to hear from him on that).

Zendel: Seems like exasperated town to me, while I don’t like him saying he doesn’t care about getting sussed, I pulled the same thing last game and I was blue, so perhaps he’s just “giving up” so mafs won’t snipe him? Idk, now that I said that he’ll get sniped…dammit

Nulls:
Tina – stuff happens, she made an honest mistake, that’s fine but will look for more contribution going forward. :)

Heyden – eh not much to go on. Seems overly focused on Zendel for stupid reasons. (yeah Bianca and others have a point, though I still don’t get why Bianca said that when Heyden made a total of two posts about Zendel at the time)

Ness – coasting like last game, though he has been busy so I’ll let that slide for now.

Dolby: being his usual active self, something feels like he has hidden motivations though. And some of his logic doesn’t make sense.

Kermittea: Guys we need to stop townleaning Karen immediately in every game, lol. She’s done nothing to really set herself apart as town. While she has, like Daniel, tried to shed the lazy/jokester mantra and be more serious, I don’t get her motivation for voting Daniel.

Daniel: low effort at the start, seems to be trying to combat the lazy image he’s made for himself. Idk what to think of him really – I don’t get his problem with fleshy though?

Jacob – where tf is he

Bianca: Bottom of my nulls since I think she is still scummy somewhat. She has been making an effort as of late and has dropped her whole grammar/tone schtick.

Scumleans:
Oathtoorder – anyone who goes no vote is at the least slightly sussed in my book. Maf loves no votes, and while oath may be busy and/or confused town, which would lead to a no vote, I’m always wary of them.

Kit – coasting4dayz. Came in, accused me for no reason, then has been MIA ever since. Not sure he’d be so brash as maf, and IK this looks like OMGUS, but if he accused anyone I’d react the same. It’s weird.

Aron – substantial tone shift over the day, prior to that he was scummy for reasons we all know pretty well. Indicates to me he’s really trying hard to “act natural.” Still can’t shake off the feeling he’s like chick from last game, but right now I agree with dolby that aron seems to be making freshman mafia mistakes.

With that being said, I’d be fine lynching oath, kit, Bianca, or aron, but I’ll be voting for aron unless otherwise noted.

Last edited:
Sorry if my reads list is offensive in any way, unless your Heyden. hahaha! (I'm joking and what I said was a joke, yes I make those too)

Also for spelling errors, wrong interpretations etcetera. =/

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm a little burnt out after staring at a computer screen for a few hours straight, so I'm taking my eyeballs and giving them a rest.

ZENDEL WE SAID IN QUICKTOPIC TO NOT POST THE READS RIGHT BEFORE ME SO WE WOULDN'T GET TEAMED

CMON BRUH

:lemon:

many swimmers in the scumpool

dolby and or oath?

maybe not both

Wasn't Kermit's last scum game Smash mafia? Because in that game she was one of the last if not the last to vote. Karen is more cautious as mafia and probably wouldn't risk having the spotlight turned to her by being one of the first to vote, I feel as if this is something you would be all too familiar with given you were scum with her.

ness is on the edge, he challenged dolby which i liked in this post and i'm interested to see if he pursues it. lack of consistent activity could mean he's afraid of getting lynched. also lack of pursuit of this post could also be that they're all scum together interacting heavily (sort of weird)

reading karen independently is super null

fleshy i don't know you and so I'm sure you don't know me either but either way the fact you have me as strong Town is very very very strange unless you're pivoting all your reads from Dolby

it always disturbs me when someone gets bothered by being townread, it shows that they know that they haven't towntold. questioning someone's intentions are fine, but it's super um.....low effort and reactionary play.

in a separate post she says she waits for others to generate content for her to form her opinions, why not generate content yourself instead?

if you're town why not act towny so that it doesn't surprise you when others townread you?

all these edits smh

- - - Post Merge - - -

what if i am generating content without you knowing oooh

ok but real talk something not so great happened irl so im not feeling it rn but i am rereading the thread

still feeling it on dan

also weird vibes from glow

dad seems Town

dolby on one hand has the normal town paranoia on the other he's sorta pulling stuff from thin air

cleb idk

kit getting weird vibes from too

- - - Post Merge - - -

yeah idk on a lot of other people needa wait and see

id be most cool with dan then kit then glow

still feeling it on dan

also weird vibes from glow

dad seems Town

dolby on one hand has the normal town paranoia on the other he's sorta pulling stuff from thin air

cleb idk

kit getting weird vibes from too

- - - Post Merge - - -

yeah idk on a lot of other people needa wait and see

id be most cool with dan then kit then glow

are u for real saying that dan is mafia because last i checked your push was a joke. you continued it by saying "i want to lynch dan, then scum" which also implies that you don't think he's mafia.

why exactly do you scumread him?

dude I posted my reasoning earlier already

I feel that Town!Dan would've been more invested in the joke by voting back, etc but the fact that idk he's so chill and coasting sorta seems like he doesn't want to be under fire like I have

ok put it this way

if he's Town he has nothing to lose to invest in the joke and take some fire from people

but as scum he would have a responsibility to survive and avoid attention

thus his level of investment in the joke indicates to me he is scum unless he just wants to take forum mafia super seriously but then again if he did wouldn't he be posting more

Just pointing out that pretty sure every time I suspect Zendel of anything he OMGUS's me for it. Literally his suspicion of me is based entirely on my pointing out of his reaction from earlier, which I wouldn't even call a flat out suspicion, since I only stated that it was something to look into.

Speaking of that, the reason I stated that your reaction is something to look into because I didn't have the time to look into it right then and there, as I was posting in the middle of class, which I don't intend on doing again in the future. Even now, I don't intend on looking into it, since I'm satisfied on the explanation he gave for it, but what worries me is that he's dwelling so much on that past little spiel that it could either be clouding his judgement, or he's trying to give people a reason to look at me in a negative light. I'm completely clueless as to which way I lean on that, but it still worries me quite a bit, since either situation is not a good one.

Going along with looking at reads of people, though, Amazon's read on me feels pretty fabricated. I don't recall actually asking any serious questions outside of maybe the aforementioned Zendel situation, which has already been answered. I don't know what they're getting at with the whole "good questions" argument, but I don't like it.

Anyway, I'm going to try and catch up as quickly as possible and get some reads on people before I make my vote. Don't expect more posts from me for the next few hours.

Just pointing out that pretty sure every time I suspect Zendel of anything he OMGUS's me for it. Literally his suspicion of me is based entirely on my pointing out of his reaction from earlier, which I wouldn't even call a flat out suspicion, since I only stated that it was something to look into.

Speaking of that, the reason I stated that your reaction is something to look into because I didn't have the time to look into it right then and there, as I was posting in the middle of class, which I don't intend on doing again in the future. Even now, I don't intend on looking into it, since I'm satisfied on the explanation he gave for it, but what worries me is that he's dwelling so much on that past little spiel that it could either be clouding his judgement, or he's trying to give people a reason to look at me in a negative light. I'm completely clueless as to which way I lean on that, but it still worries me quite a bit, since either situation is not a good one.

Going along with looking at reads of people, though, Amazon's read on me feels pretty fabricated. I don't recall actually asking any serious questions outside of maybe the aforementioned Zendel situation, which has already been answered. I don't know what they're getting at with the whole "good questions" argument, but I don't like it.

Anyway, I'm going to try and catch up as quickly as possible and get some reads on people before I make my vote. Don't expect more posts from me for the next few hours.

Evidence would be a pretty cool thing to throw out with that. :)

Remember that time when I asked you a question (twice) because you didn't post much and you called me scum for it? I do.

I think it was in Smash mafia, I don't remember. It was when you were trying a "new playstyle" or something.

-----

Anyway, I won't be online for the rest of the day. I'm coming down with something, probably a flu. =/

I'm voting Aron. Bye...

Yo. I've been doing work on my Thresh cosplay today so I wasn't around to chat. I've caught up on reading the thread a bit. I still have suspicion with Zendel, his negative "I give up" pity party attitude seems like a last-ditch effort to try and save himself. I'll try and post a good set of reads and respond to any questions any of you guys have for me. I'm not great with one-on-one debates and Dad picked apart my phraseology pretty harshly so I don't really know what to say at this moment since I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I actually have some town vibes from Fleshy, their posts seem pretty well thought-out. no one else I have a strong opinion at this moment in time.

Note this is a big post so ninjas since I began writing it (about 45 minutes ago) could change some of the reads posted below.

Scumlean

Aronthaer - for reasons I've already explained, but to add to it, I think their recent posts since I stopped constantly putting pressure on them have been more calm and collected, and this could be either because they are being better coached but in a more likely case they're trying hard for the sake of looking townish but not being overly pushy about it and attempting the humble route of trying to escape suspicion and bring himself back into a green light

Slight scumlean

Oath - inactive, but could be given he's spending his time elsewhere, and no-votes which can be a coasting method. He's also kinda lazy as town as Dolby has pointed out, but I don't like it, especially since he appealed to me that he's just getting a feeling for playing mafia again. I'm not sure I entirely buy the appeal yet since he's probably the greatest observer and mafia archivist tbt has.

Heyden - If I'm wrong about Aron and Aron turns out to be town, I actually scumread Heyden more because she protected them, perhaps knowing they are bad town rather than mafia which is a little more certain to me and I would hope others based on their reads as well. While their reads on Zendel are at least somewhat original, they are still the most guilty person of tunneling in this game because they've only really provided reads/questioned one or two other people and kept their vote on Zendel.

Dolby - his reads jump all over the place for a person like him, he lurks a lot, and although he has had some decent townish reads I agree with there's something off here, and it's not his activity and the school thing, but rather something is off based on his more recent reads as well - another one I'm really looking at if Aron turns out to be town. But I still think it's possible that Aron and him can both be scum, despite the exchange he had with Aron when he was investigating his suspicions about him by having an exchange. He hasn't specifically chosen Aron for the vote so looking at a suspicious person but not acting on it seems like it could be insurance later on if he's maf because it looked like he was suspicious of a person that maf-flipped.

Null (irl got me club)

Tina - not in the coasting club after all, but in the 'irl got me' club, promises to at least have activity by night 1 given the fair will be over soon. I have an understanding of how Tina plays as both town and mafia, so I'm going to keep it in mind as I read what she'll hopefully post

Ness - Don't replace please, I've heard bad things about the first person in the replacement list - but yeah you're another member of the 'irl got me' club.

Kit - just one read, on me, perhaps overwhelmed by the thread like Tina and Ness seem to be due to not participating until it's 30 pages in, null for now until I see more, because I can't tell if a member of the coasting club or a member of the irl got me club but I haven't seen them lurking much so I think it could be the latter. Not dismissing the coasting possibility just yet though.

Cleb - Posted against Zendel but hasn't done much more than that. Experienced player. Another school activity excuser so could be a more lowkey part of the coaster club but given he has a hundred games behind him I'm not ready to say one way or another yet. Posted recently (post 493) but the third paragraph of this post is really confusing. Also his reads seem really shallow for somebody with that much experience but he isn't giving himself enough time to develop good ones.

Jacob - inactive, posted, advertised something, and then bolted - I think this could deserve to be a null read but I don't know if he has a lot of experience and I think it's possible maf's day 1 strategy so far has been to coast, in fact I'm almost certain of that so I can't excuse any of the coasters for that reason, but the reason I'll keep him in null for now is because there's no evidence that he is active elsewhere since he hasn't been active in the collectible thread he advertised here since the 7th either.

Null (for mixed-feelings reasons)

Kermit/Karen - Been unhelpful most of the game, almost to the point of treating it like a joke with Dan, but her most recent post is at least starting to read other people in the game which I like although they're nothing overly complex, I like that she has noticed what I have noticed about Dolby, that he's pulling things out of the air - I don't think they're necessarily out of the air at all, but rather his reads are drifting from one person to another rather easily this game. Their note on Dan is very specific and meta, in that they think town Dan wouldn't act so chill given the pressure which while could be true could also just be them fishing for some stupid reason to keep on Dan because of the weird joke and reason for playing between the two

biancasbotique - she seems kinda townish although noting that Aron and Dolby seem protective of her while a few others aren't, so she's a good alignment bait so far if anything, weirdly enough. Has had some slightly townish reads but she seems unusually protected by a number of people and I can't help but feel uneasy over that, even if it just happens to be a coincidence.

Slight townlean

Dan - out of all the members of the disinterested/lazy club, he's the one that seems the most townish as annoying as his and Karen's play have been they're at least beginning to contribute but I'm not going to dismiss that what he'd been doing up until recently was to coast and confuse.

Chick - no longer a member of the coaster or lazy/disinterested clubs, although called out and posted because of it, so I'll not forget that behavior, their reads seem like newer player as town. I'll admit I haven't really investigated or questioned them as much as I've wanted to though. But first impression investigation says townish.

Zendel - he's been great bait, also a little closer to null because mafia could be aware of this, but if they're using Zendel in that manner, it's pretty smart. He's also excusing people I don't think deserve to be excused in his big reads post so that makes me feel uneasy, but in the same post there are some good original thoughts.

Townlean

Evan - he's growing a little closer back towards Null because I haven't seen as much helpful stuff and I always feel like it's bad for me to strongly townread somebody and then announce it because that always turns around to bite me in the rearend, so I will be watching how people act with him after I've done so, given he has earned my trust.

glow and Fleshy - truly in the same boat, not as active as myself perhaps, but question people and have their own fresh reads that aren't building upon mine, although a few reads are built on mine and other's reads, they don't seem to be coasting like a lot are, and they don't line up with my mafia coasting strat theory. Also two of the more inquisitive people of the game. If they're maf they're doing pretty dang well.

dude I posted my reasoning earlier already

I feel that Town!Dan would've been more invested in the joke by voting back, etc but the fact that idk he's so chill and coasting sorta seems like he doesn't want to be under fire like I have

I did reply to your joke but I think you've been taking it too far. I have an issue that bc of that reason I'm your strongest scum read smh

Also Jacobs blatant inactivity is no longer acceptable

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I'm an hour away from home and mi phones dying so gimme a bit to get some posts up

someone explain this thing on aron I don't understand

For the first half of day one, up until my interrogation of them to the point where I pressured the three reads out of them, they kept making excuses for their activity and it seemed to be a nervous tic type of thing because they were worried about being seen as unactive in a game where people are far less active than they are. The three reads they produced on Me, Dolby, and Zendel were really easy to make and didn't offer much new on the three of us that hadn't already been said, which seems like the kind of read to come out of pressure. They seem to have calmed down in the second part of the day with the excuse making although it's still here and there, but rather taken an approach of seeming helpful for town in their posts as well as calmness in the face of my consistent suspicion of them, so I think it was the best thing for them to do as mafia given the situation.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Heyden - If I'm wrong about Aron and Aron turns out to be town, I actually scumread Heyden more because she protected them, perhaps knowing they are bad town rather than mafia which is a little more certain to me and I would hope others based on their reads as well.

I need to edit these sentences because they seem confusing, so to clarify, I'm not saying Aron being bad town rather than mafia being more certain (bad wording), but rather I think it's more certain that the reason Heyden could be protecting them is that if Aron flips town it's more probable that Heyden protected them when she did for the insurance that it looked like she was the only one reading them as town rather than a potential bandwagon if I'm wrong about Aron, rather than it being because they authentically are reading them as town right now.

Back