• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The ideal, maximum amount of villagers

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
In New Leaf, you can have a total of 10 villagers in your town. But is this for you
the ideal, maximum amount of villagers? I would like to know if you're satisfied with
the current amount of villagers you can have or if you want to have more then just
10 villagers in your town.

I really wish that you can have in the next main Animal Crossing game more then
10 villagers in your town. Sometimes, it's hard for me to decide which villagers I
want in my town, since there are over 300 villagers and I have more then just
10 favorites. Twice the amount would be nice, so 20 villagers, of course with
a bigger town, so that you have enough space for the houses and all.

And what about you? How many villagers would you like in your town? Or are
10 villagers in total enough for you?

I would say 15 or 18, 10 are clearly too few, at least for me. I would love to have a big town with more
villagers in it.

15, I believe gamecube had 15 (plus the glorious multi level map)

15 is a perfect number !! i've always wished we could have more villagers as they're one of my favourite part of the gameplay !

Last edited:
I think there are way too many.
A maximum of four would be good.

I agree with the suggestion for 15, provided the map is big enough to handle it. 15 villagers in a New Leaf town would be ridiculous. Gamecube towns, on the other hand, probably could have had MORE than 15 and been fine rofl

I think there are way too many.
A maximum of four would be good.

At least enough to have one of each personality, I mean how would one be able to enjoy the game without experiencing all of the personalities? Although you could easily say that would make people want to travel to other towns to have those experiences, although I would not want to do that as much, I'd rather buy a whole 5 or 6 extra games and do that, that way I have control of who is in what town, ya know? I definitely see how that could be something that they do to make more money. i mean people are already buying multiple copies of the game just to have all of their favorites or to do different themes in each town. (You must work for Nintendo) [JK]

At least enough to have one of each personality, I mean how would one be able to enjoy the game without experiencing all of the personalities? Although you could easily say that would make people want to travel to other towns to have those experiences, although I would not want to do that as much, I'd rather buy a whole 5 or 6 extra games and do that, that way I have control of who is in what town, ya know? I definitely see how that could be something that they do to make more money. i mean people are already buying multiple copies of the game just to have all of their favorites or to do different themes in each town. (You must work for Nintendo) [JK]

Lol, Jon doesn't care much for being harassed by his villagers, I think.

Lol, Jon doesn't care much for being harassed by his villagers, I think.

to each their own I guess. I can't lie I have felt that way at times, mostly the reason I stop playing for a while, to recharge myself. Although I do that in real life too, I get tired of people real easy, it's tragic I know. So I guess I feel that haha

I'd have no villagers if it were possible.

I don't like being barged in on, in my house where I should be able to have time to myself to work on my rooms, or just escape having shirts constantly dumped on me, even though I've made it clear that I don't want the item, making it yet another trip to my basement to the trash can. :(

I don't like being told I'm letting them down, or I'm heartless, because I won't be their personal slave and fetch their fruit, or catch them a bug or fish that will live it's life in a tank or cage with a villager who can't be bothered shaking a fruit tree they're standing next to.

I don't like the mindless, repetitive questions.

"Do you prefer mac and cheese, or spaghetti?"

I enjoy landscaping, fishing, and catching bugs. ^_^

If they had their old WW dialogue, maybe I'd care, but they don't.

I also dislike internet interaction, so you are wrong there.
I only have a mobile phone, and it costs a fortune in data fees going to other towns.

I also don't have favorites.
I dislike them all equally. ^_^

Work for nintendo?
Not for a billion dollars a day. o_O

Last edited:
I think 10 villagers would be completely fine, as long as those 10 did more stuff. The problem now is a lack of interactions and dialogue, not a lack of actual villagers. (At least in my opinion) Ex: Maybe they could add parties, as in like most of the town shows up and socializes.

However, this drastically is dependent on the town size. If the next game is bigger than CF/PG then it would probably need 12-15.

If they are going to make us wait 5 years in between games, at least give me 3 years worth of dialogue. :/ (Clarifying, I do not mean 3 years of dialogue with no repeats, but the amount in NL is significantly too low.)

Last edited:
I dunno, I'd like to have more villagers just because I want to have a diverse town of villagers, but I feel like I don't pay enough attention to the ones I have so maybe 10 is just fine for me.

If they announce new personality types then we?re going to need at least 12. It?s already hard enough deciding between 8 types and 10 slots. But even if they don?t 12 sounds perfect.

I agree with the 15 suggestion, I can't make up my mind to who should move in & who should moves out
too few slots, alot of villagers that I like & want loool

Last edited:
Back