• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

➹ The Hunger Games ➹ STARTED

Zoraida was back to her old princess, arrogant ways. "So this is what the helping hands have to deal with." she grumbled as she grossly poked around inside the rabbit. For the life of her, Zora had no clue how Silver kept a straight face. "We should cook some of it now before it spoils, we can wrap up the rest individually in spare cloths and bury them under snow to preserve." Looking over at the bonfire, she looked over at Silver. "How exactly, do you cook this-" she paused for a moment, poking the deer with her knife, "thing?" Zoraida muttered under her breath. "I'd kill to tie pretty knots instead of do this again."

Silver laughed at Zoraida. "We can just use some sticks and hang it over the fire to cook." Silver brabbed three sticks she dug two in the ground next to the fire and cut little incisions in them, she then skewered a piece of deer meat with a stick and placed the stick in the incisions so it held up. She then walked back to Zoraida. "Might take a awhile so if you want to bury the meat now I say you probably should do that."

- - - Post Merge - - -

Talon saw the smoke from the fire. "Guess I wasn't too far from the cornucopia." He knew the careers were the only people brave enough to be lighting a fire at this time. Talon slung his backpack over his back and decided to use the trees around and quietly make his way to the cornucopia and so he did. As he arrived he saw the D4 female and D1 female cooking deer and hiding the leftover meat. "Well when they are off doing other things maybe I'll snag some of that meat." He quietly said to himself.

Zoraida blinked slowly watching her, as if she was becoming one with cavemen. Looking distastefully at the meat, she rose. "How about you stick with carving the meat, and I wrapping it?" She suggested with a plastered begging smile. "if it helps, by me wrapping it, I won't butcher the hell out of it." She joked lightly. As she stood, a parachute hit the back of her head making her whine. Bending down to open it while grumbling, she opened it to find cloth inside. "Well that's convenient." She tossed the parachute shell towards Silver, leaving the note inside for her to read. "Who's it from, wildfire?"

She smiled. "It's from Finnick." Silver smiled reading the note "I know you can do this, I am rooting for you!" -Finnick.

Zoraida grumbled, looking like a child who just got in trouble. "Well tell him to not hit me next time." She grabbed some rope, cutting a chunk off and tore it apart, making it into smaller strands that would hold the meat together perfectly. "For some reason I feel like that won't be the last time it happens." She said referring to the parachute incident. Looking over at Silver who was looking at the note lovingly, she suggested. "Fold it and tuck it somewhere safe, that way he's always with you throughout this."

"That's a great idea." She said ignoring what Zoraida said about it happening again. She folded it and put it in her coat pocket

- - - Post Merge - - -

Talon made a loud crack noise up in the tree and cursed. He hoped that the two careers didn't hear him, either way he was pretty far up and they most likely wouldn't spot him.

Zoraida's head flung over in the direction the branch snapped. Hand on her kukuris she looked over at Silver. "Do you think it's the others? Or some other game out there?" The idea of it being another tribute didn't strike her really, due to most of them she figured were down for the count by now. Zoraida really didn't want to have anymore death occur, but if it came her way, she would deal with it accordingly; anything to protect Silver and the others.

"Eh probably just a squirrel, I wouldn't worry though, I don't think anyone is in the shape to take us on right now." Silver shrugged her shoulders.

Talon wiped the sweat off his head. They didn't think it was really another tribute. Talon to watch them for the night and see what they did.

Zoraida nodded, continuing to stare at the direction where the sound came from. "Even if it was another tribute, after what happened earlier, I think we could all use a temporary break." She stretched, relaxing her pose and sat back down, wrapping the meat. "I'm assuming you did this alot back at home, huh? You clearly aren't no where near as repulsed as I am." She said referring to her cutting into the deer. Zoraida made sure to filter their conversation, being weary of the outsider.

Last edited:
"Yeah I did do it a lot, I can tell you didn't though." Silver laughed. "Too bad there's no lakes or ponds to fish in though we would be stocked for days." Silver smiled thinking of home.

Talon noticed that they decided to brush the branch snap off. He was glad that he was safe, at least for now, Talon wanted to distract the careers. He threw a rock in a different direction and it hit a tree far to the right of him. As the tributes looked away he then threw a rock down at the D4 female tribute as she walked towards where he hit the tree. He then quickly climbed the trees away from the cornucopia.

"Ow!" Silver muttered rubbing the back of her head. "That hurt,"

Zoraida noted as she pondered the idea of fish and lakes. "Remember, most of them are probably frozen over in this arena. Fishing would if anything be a hassle due to having to break the ice, etc." As the rain of rocks started and ceased, couldn't help but snicker seeing the rock hit Silver's head. "I guess you can say we're even now. All jokes aside though, that probably was a lower level trying to get our attention. They're probably gone by now; let's just stay by the cornucopia for now. We'll hunt tomorrow and we shouldn't abandon our post to check out who that was, considering we are the only two people here currently. Plus if we don't deal with the meat now, it may spoil and/or get stolen by something or someone."

Last edited:
//**** SORRY I WAS AT MY DAD'S ON THE WEEKEND DON'T KILL ME OFF *BATTLE STANCE*

Forsythia's muscles relaxed as soon as the boy's footsteps faded away. She could finally sleep in peace once again. Her stomach growled suddenly, and she groaned irritably. Forsythia really wished she at least had cooked food, and not raw meat and crackers. She yearned for a gift from a sponsor, but knowing she scored a mere score of 9 on her private training, it was very unlikely that she'd receive something. She had her fingers crossed for the warm and delicious District 11 bread that she loved oh so much, but it wasn't happening any time soon. Forsythia just had to manage with the crackers and raw meat that she would somehow have to cook.

Lucas stepped back, half in shock of her not trusting him. Then again, if he were in her place, he wouldn't trust her either, so he understood. But, the only chance of a non-career winning is if all the careers are killed, and only an alliance would do that. He suddenly looked up, as it was very late, and seen smoke in the distance. He could smell something good, and his stomach growled from only eating a banana.
"You probably don't trust me... but... I want the careers all dead. You probably do too. After they die, we can go our own way if that's what you wish; but there's no chance of winning if we don't slowly pick them off," he said, still shaking from almost being killed. He looked down in the overflowing basket of fruit, and then at the smoke coming from the direction of the cornucopia.
"You can have whatever weapons you want from them, I just want fire. I'll understand if you don't want any allies though," he said, his hand in his pocket. After what happened, he wouldn't be surprised if she attacked him again. Thank goodness I was lucky enough to find a single knife, he thought optimistically.

Last edited:
Miriam stopped for a second, holding her weapon in a more passive way. "So what you're suggesting is that we form a superb alliance so we can pick off the careers?" She muttered, half-closing her eyes and biting her lower lip, after a short pause, more finding her words than considering the offer. "I'll accept thy terms." She said in a sing-song voice, bobbing slightly. "But I don't understand how killing them would get you fire, and they really like bunching themselves up and petting their... egos, for lack of a safer term, how would you pick them off...? They'll have to all fight eventually."

Last edited:
April limps into the area near the Cornucopia. Silver and Zoraida looked at her. "Ow, ow, ow!" says April, obviously in pain. She plops herself down on the wall of the Cornucopia. "My ****ing left leg! Ow!" There was blood dripping down her leg, and a big red gash. "In the big fight I tripped in the snow. As I was getting up, my left leg suddenly starts to hurt so much! An arrow hit my leg. I have no idea who shot it!" She grabbed a handful of snow and rubbed it against her wound.
((Yo when did April get shot by an arrow? If it was from Abram, we had to edit that part out due to Silver's post. I'm not asking to be an ass, but am curious as to if I missed something. I at times do that since imma sloppy mess ;^; ))

Last edited:
Silver looked at Zoraida. "Yeah it would be a big problem." Silver had already completed 4 nets and her fingers were swore. "Zoraida what if the low-levels from the outlying districts possibly overcome us and kill us, I am scared just to fall asleep." Silver shook her hands out. "Or what if someone in our alliance betrays us, I am just worried." Silver bight her lip as she thought about everything that could go wrong. Her eyes were sore and she rubbed them. She was extremely tired, she couldn't wait to sleep.

Zoraida pouted and chasted Silver. "Hun, it's the first day and with that mentality of being paranoid, it won't do you any favors. Honestly, I feel like we would be able to tell when someone will betray us, but that will only happen when the numbers go down big time. In the mean time, lets target individual outlying tributes and possibly other alliances later on. Our biggest threat are other alliances. Once ours defeats the others, then we will disband. Our biggest enemy isn't ourselves, but others who have packs as well. They are more dangerous since they have friends worth fighting for; loyalty is a double edged sword my friend, and it's up to you to determine which side of the blade you'd rather fall on. Death by those you love, or death by other desperate people. Kill for love or die from anothers. Those are the questions you should ask yourself Silver. I know where I stand, do you?" She asked, perking an eyebrow while looking over at her seriously and analytically. Her previous chasting tone having dissipated, her dark eyes enveloped Silver whole. Zoraida was a friendly person, but a predator at the same time; she knows full well how to make someone bend and snap. It's up to the others whether they want to tame the beast, utilizing it, or target it.

Last edited:
Back