• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The feeling of betrayal...

innerutopia

Bells
Winter Mittens
When you put a lot of thought into a villager's birthday present and get them something that you think would look super nice in their house...

And when you go in their house after the party, the item is displayed in a perfect little spot...

AND THEN YOU FIND THE ITEM IN RE-TAIL THE NEXT DAY

...Freya, you're cold...you're really, really cold...

I know exactly what you mean.

I love Freya's design, but she's so mean! I gave her a new sleek bed and a chair, and she asked me for a replacement for BOTH very shortly after.

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean.

I love Freya's design, but she's so mean! I gave her a new sleek bed and a chair, and she asked me for a replacement for BOTH very shortly after.

When I talked to her just now, she said how "lovely" it is to see me this morning...and then had the nerve to ask to come over to my house and see how I decorate :| I'm not sure how I feel about her right now

Welllll I totally forgot Freya's birthday yesterday, so maybe that's not a bad thing xD

Aw, I know how you feel! But then, I usually put up the stuff my villagers give me in Re-Tail myself so I guess it's karma :p

Aw, I know how you feel! But then, I usually put up the stuff my villagers give me in Re-Tail myself so I guess it's karma :p

I think it's more just that I put so much thought into her gift...I gave her my white katana! I love my white katana! No way am I buying it back from her though, that would be me admitting defeat :I

I think it's more just that I put so much thought into her gift...I gave her my white katana! I love my white katana! No way am I buying it back from her though, that would be me admitting defeat :I

That is a perfect present for her! Don't admit defeat!!

Yeah, Iggly did that to me, and after that I started collecting towels from Blanca during April Fool's- just go outside and drop it, go back in, and talk to them again, you'll get another towel. I wrap those, and give them to them on their birthday. That way they "adore it"- so they say, and I never have to worry about them selling it in Re-Tail!!

Oh my gosh, that happened to me but with Daisy. I gave her a furniture on her birthday that I thought would look super cute in her museum-like room, and guess what? I found it in Re-Tail the very next day. I don't even think she used it. <////3
I love Daisy. I thought she loved me back. I thought... :(

Last edited:
lmao-- she IS a snooty villager, right?? i dont pay attention to any of that stuff, its just how the villagers were programmed.

I always give them rare fish or beetles if i'm trying to get a nice gift back. But otherwise, i don't worry about it.

I used the Thonky guide for Kyle and got him something in his favorite style and color and he hated it. ;-; I spent 3 months trying to get your @ss into my town and this is how you treat me? lmao

Last edited:
LOL, sorry I find that kinda funny ahahaha
yeah oh well, buy it back and give it to her again xD

I used the Thonky guide for Kyle and got him something in his favorite style and color and he hated it. ;-; I spent 3 months trying to get your @ss into my town and this is how you treat me? lmao
same omg i always use the thonky guide and every single time they're either like "oh...this is great..." or worse
like ???​

The villagers don't wait until the next day in my main town. The mayor gave one of the villagers an item. Logged in as Player 2 and the villager gave the item to her or asked for it to be replaced. Logged in as Player 3 and the villager gave up that Player 2 gave her.
The next day the mayor receives Player 3 items for the day before.

I know how you feel...it happened to me before with I think more than one of the villagers. You would be like: "Aww this is so cute or adorable, it'll fit so nicely it that villager's house!" And then you give it to them directly or through mail, and then BOOM. Some days later, the same exact item gets put in Re-Tail. I mean like, bruh. And then sometimes an item that replaced the item that you gave them would be way off of the interior design in their home, and doesn't even look pretty! :eek: but I guess it's all right...since I sell pretty much all of their items that they gave me to Re-Tail...XD

Last edited:
Back