The characters in this game just talk on and on and on......

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
I was just doing the item matching tour, which used to be one of my favorite ones, not anymore it isn't. And when you dig up an item it just says the same thing and you're on a time limit so when you're in a hurry to do something, the game, and the character just drone on and on, spitting out essay length conversations when just a few sentences will do. And pressing and holding the B button doesn't do anything. Believe me, I tried lol

This post made me lol. XD "spitting out essay length conversations"
But yeah, it's kind of annoying. I usually get annoyed with how it cannot just be a "choosing" screen instead of talking to porter 100 times a day for 5 minutes each. Same with the isabelle start up screen - although, it's quite quirky and cute.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This game makes a lot of things take longer than they should. You just have to face the frustrating facts.

Because Animal Crossing is about suffering.

Lelani still insists on the 'we will sell the items you're holding before you leave/go on tour' lecture even when you aren't holding anything.

Or I think they fixed this, but when Timmy and Tommy continue to ask if u know how to use the wrapping paper! Like yes! I do!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also hate having to go through my town's history JUST to see all of my visits!

Or I think they fixed this, but when Timmy and Tommy continue to ask if u know how to use the wrapping paper! Like yes! I do!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also hate having to go through my town's history JUST to see all of my visits!

I think they did fix that but they still ask if you know how to use the net, fishing rod or shovel even if you already bought one. I buy duplicate tools because I clumsily end up selling them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Patience, Grasshopper.....

Oh I do not possess patience. It's a mystery how I'm able to play this game, or any game, without getting extremely frustrated.

Exactly ^ It's really annoying. Or having to deal with shopkeepers greeting me and saying goodbye as I leave and enter. I know I'm being petty, but sometimes it seems like it takes forever to do stuff in this game.

Exactly ^ It's really annoying. Or having to deal with shopkeepers greeting me and saying goodbye as I leave and enter. I know I'm being petty, but sometimes it seems like it takes forever to do stuff in this game.

You're not being petty. it's pretty annoying. I mean I know it's courtesy and all but I would also like the courtesy of being able to leave without interruptions.

That's one of the biggest reasons I don't like starting new towns. All the talking in the beginning. Now I usually just turn off sound and click B and go on my phone or something, but when I do that sometimes I miss things of vital importance and regret it haha.

i found the long chats to be a little whimsical at first, but after playing for a few years now, yeah, it does get annoying, lol

i normally just hold b and let the convos fly on by if i'm not super interested :p i was really glad when the update fixed what timmy and tommy would always ask about the wrapping paper at least - i kind of wished there could be a way to turn off the option altogether for the other instances, too

Lol, I love this game so much, but sometimes it pisses me off to no end! So many things are unnecessarily long than they should be, and there are so many unnecessary restrictions. I could go on about them, but this thread is only about the long talking instances.

Lol, I love this game so much, but sometimes it pisses me off to no end! So many things are unnecessarily long than they should be, and there are so many unnecessary restrictions. I could go on about them, but this thread is only about the long talking instances.

LOL I love this game too. I mean, I love games like this but my impatience and very low tolerance level for things makes playing games like this kind of frustrating. But I either have to deal with it or just not play and not playing is NOT an option lol

i get pretty tired of the messages when catching fish and bugs and digging up fossils tbh. they just keep saying the same things and i just feel like i cant skip them fast enough lol. and also yes. whenever i'm on certain tours and they keep talking its like. pls i want the gold but i can't get it if you keep talking.

Ha this reminds me of the owl in Legend of Zelda: OoT:

"Do you want me to repeat that?" All the while spamming 'A' so he talks faster then accidentally pressing yes instead of no. Oh well, least they changed the wrapping paper prompts.

That's one of the biggest reasons I don't like starting new towns. All the talking in the beginning. Now I usually just turn off sound and click B and go on my phone or something, but when I do that sometimes I miss things of vital importance and regret it haha.

Yeah, I dread starting a new town and plot resetting because it's like never ending chatter that takes longer than it needs to.

i get pretty tired of the messages when catching fish and bugs and digging up fossils tbh. they just keep saying the same things and i just feel like i cant skip them fast enough lol. and also yes. whenever i'm on certain tours and they keep talking its like. pls i want the gold but i can't get it if you keep talking.

Exactly, or whenever I was trying to find new things to stock up my shop with - I decided to go to the fireworks show (I TTed to that day unintentionally) and I was like "oh this will be nice for my shop"! I have appreciation for shop owners who sell this stuff without hacking. The constant talking to red just to get ONE cookie when I already know what's happening and then the: "eat the cookie" "open it up animation" "listen to my char talking about it with UNNECESSARY PAUSES in between" , then having to go BACK to redd to turn it in and deal with his talking again like UGH. Let me do stuff in bulk without suffering, please!

i found the long chats to be a little whimsical at first, but after playing for a few years now, yeah, it does get annoying, lol

i normally just hold b and let the convos fly on by if i'm not super interested :p i was really glad when the update fixed what timmy and tommy would always ask about the wrapping paper at least - i kind of wished there could be a way to turn off the option altogether for the other instances, too

Yeah, at first it was cute, but playing for a while now, and they just repeat the same thing, it's gets irritating after a while. I just hold down b, even though it doesn't seem to do anything, and just watch tv or something while the lectures just go on and on

- - - Post Merge - - -

Seriously! ESPECIALLY on the tours, when time is counting down but you have to listen to the babble for 5 minutes. I mean come on!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ha this reminds me of the owl in Legend of Zelda: OoT:

"Do you want me to repeat that?" All the while spamming 'A' so he talks faster then accidentally pressing yes instead of no. Oh well, least they changed the wrapping paper prompts.

Note to self: don't buy legend of zelda.

I mean, I have this game and Harvest Moon, which also takes an unnecessarily long time through their forced tutorials. I don't want three games in the mix lol

I mean, I have this game and Harvest Moon, which also takes an unnecessarily long time through their forced tutorials. I don't want three games in the mix lol

Omg YES!!! HARVEST MOON! The only Harvest Moon game I can do completely the whole thing without getting annoyed is the girl version one on GameCube: Another Wonderful Life. <3 or maybe it's just my nostalgia talking
- but the NEWer harvest moons (Tree of tranquility and animal parade: both on wii) talk way too much...

Back