The ACNH Rant Thread

this isn't really a rant, but more of a question: would a ramp fit here?
cause i want to make up for not being able to put the ramp where i wanted it to go, before

160721861_935913810484396_112298525755209815_o.jpg

edit: never mind.. i already found out that i couldn't right away..... darn it!

Last edited:
So bored I started looking for other switch games.

I don't want to give nintendo another red cent though.

I need to rant about this but after 1 year of playing the crafting in this game is by far the most disappointing thing. I mean why does it take so long to craft a lot of stuff like fish bait? There is no way to bulk craft multiple items. If you look at games like Minecraft and Stardew Valley their crafting system was really simple and fast. It didn't take so long to craft items. However in New Horizons they somehow messed this up. You have to remember what materials you need to craft the item. There is no way to keep track of what items you need for the item since you have to constantly check your nookphone and go to the DIY app just to see what materials you need. It would be better if there was a indication on the screen that told you if you had the materials you need. Same thing when crafting at home. You have to always take the materials out of storage and then craft. Why can't it just let you craft with the materials you have in storage instead of just taking them out?

As for the DIYS at the beginning it was fun to collect them and it felt really good talking to villagers when you want to know what they are crafting. However by November 2020 is when things went downhill. All the seasonal diys were restricted to Balloon Gifts only which is why they were so hard and annoying to even get. You can't get them from villager crafting or DIY bottles. You can only wait and hope that you get the DIY you want otherwise its a duplicate. Honestly the amount of duplicate DIYS I gotten is just ridiculous. I find myself having to store them at home but there is no way to put them in storage so I had to drop them on the floor in the home. I gave most of them away to my friends but then by January 2021 most of my friends had most of the diys learned by now. So I just throw the pointless ones away.

Overall Crafting and DIY are good additions to the game but the way it was executed and how it was handled after 1 year later it really doesn't hold up too well. The constant grind for looking for DIYS is RNG and the crafting takes a long time just to get items you really want. If Nintendo would've took inspiration from Minecraft and Stardew Valley maybe the Crafting would've been better.

I gave Chrissy K.K. Waltz and she’s playing it on her music player as I hoped she would, but for whatever reason she decided to buy another copy of it and put it in display.

Last edited:
I gave Chrissy K.K. Waltz and she’s playing it on her music player as I hoped she would, but for whatever reason she decided to buy another copy of it and put it in display.
She liked it that much she wanted it twice :3

And I agree with Sorafan, the crafting in bulk should've been a thing already implemented. I don't even bother crafting bait i just get it off nookazon lol

I wish I had bread for all hybrids before finishing my island.
Hardly got room to do it and been time travelling for hours. Got just 1 purple wind flower and still got to do the pansies.

I am so bored and fed up

Dumb rant but I kind of wish there weren't so many things needing hardwood to craft. I have so much normal wood and softwood that I have nothing to do with while my hardwood is needed to fix tools... So I wish I could just use the others instead. Also I hate gathering wood because you can't choose what you get and the axes keep breaking.

I guess it all comes down to breaking tools again lol.

My Nookling store had the book in store today - great! Now that I have the right DIYs, I can finally start making them.

...I ended up hurting my hand with how long it took me to buy the amount I needed. Why is there no bulk buying for the spotlight items, especially when you need 10 for crafting one item alone?

This is the silliest complaint, but I’m miffed that the game practically forces you into upgrading to a house after the first day.

I just wanted to enjoy camping in my tent for a while, but the features locked behind the upgrade are too important to put off IMO (I can understand not getting the storage space without a house, but I wish the Nook Miles+ unlocked after paying off your debt, rather than only after agreeing to take on a new loan)

Same! In acnl I really wanted to keep the tent permanently and I still feel that way in acnh. I’d love for everything to still be a tent. It would fit better with my island. Maybe later on they’ll at different building exteriors like in acnl.

I haven't played the game in a week because I got too bored of playing it. Not a lot to do and I'm not that person who wants to decorate their island so much. It's only a matter of time that the people who do decorate will get bored.

Also, many of us keep asking Nintendo to do some quality of life updates and they do nothing about it. I really shouldn't be this harsh towards the game, but it's nearly been a year and these issues are still floating around with little improvements since.

So. This doesn't really have to do with Nintendo, but the market for Raymond is cursed. Millions of bells are now circulating around the game, potentially crashing Nookazon (and maybe even TBT!), due to the insane offers. Plus, how many Raymonds are on every island?

Still breeding flowers.
Been like 12 hours of this.

At least once I have purple pansies I'm done.
But God so many hours spent.
I'm tired

So. This doesn't really have to do with Nintendo, but the market for Raymond is cursed. Millions of bells are now circulating around the game, potentially crashing Nookazon (and maybe even TBT!), due to the insane offers. Plus, how many Raymonds are on every island?
People still are obsessed with Raymond? I mean I thought that hype train died down.

People still are obsessed with Raymond? I mean I thought that hype train died down.
Yep. To think everyone is going nuts over a smug cat that has the same dialogue as any smug is crazy. I've seen Marshall at expensive prices, but Raymond is 10x worse.

Yep. To think everyone is going nuts over a smug cat that has the same dialogue as any smug is crazy. I've seen Marshall at expensive prices, but Raymond is 10x worse.
(sigh) it really bothers me how people just pick villagers over how they look when they talk the same way. I mean not trying to say people who they should or should not have on their island but still its just another smug villager who talks the same way as any other villager. Same thing with Marshal.

Back