• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

The ACNH Rant Thread

(sigh) it really bothers me how people just pick villagers over how they look when they talk the same way. I mean not trying to say people who they should or should not have on their island but still its just another smug villager who talks the same way as any other villager. Same thing with Marshal.
Sounds like you're making a better argument for those who want Raymond or marshal than you are against it :p

Sounds like you're making a better argument for those who want Raymond or marshal than you are against it :p
I know it's none of my business, but I think what this user was trying to say is that people are so obsessed with raymond and Marshall, yet they don't even realize that both of them have the same dialogue, so there's no point. (Sorry team #marshall is god and #raymond is God people)

I know it's none of my business, but I think what this user was trying to say is that people are so obsessed with raymond and Marshall, yet they don't even realize that both of them have the same dialogue, so there's no point. (Sorry team #marshall is god and #raymond is God people)
Yeah but because the dialogue is the same, the way they look is almost the only thing to make you want one over another unless you've had them before.

So to me it feels like a great justification for putting one smug above another smug.

Not a rant, but a question- Why does every single person in this community want Brewster so bad? Like I don't get it. What's he going to add to the game other than coffee and another shop i'm not going to have room for. I just don't understand why he's so desperately needed. I barely even noticed him in New Leaf. But then again, that's just me. 😂

OK, so this is part question and part rant.

Not a rant, but a question- Why does every single person in this community want Brewster so bad? Like I don't get it. What's he going to add to the game other than coffee and another shop i'm not going to have room for. I just don't understand why he's so desperately needed. I barely even noticed him in New Leaf. But then again, that's just me. 😂

I would like him back because it was charming.
But if he never comes back I really don't care.
I dont get the big deal either.
Its not like he added any real game play or rewards

I don't know about everyone else, but I personally want Brewster back because he was kind of a staple of animal crossing. Like, back when new leaf was the newest animal crossing game, whenever someone mentioned animal crossing, I'd always think of him. The coffee shop was fun too, getting to know your villagers a little more. I don't know where Brewster is right now, but I would love to see him come back. Maybe add the part time job feature from new leaf back. Or, maybe have your islander make the coffee beans via craft or something then you make the coffee. Maybe a reward could be the coffee furniture from new leaf.

I really liked having Brewster. When I was actively playing new leaf the first thing I would do was get a coffee from the cafe. I liked working the part time job and getting the rewards from it. It was nice to see NPC’s and villagers in the cafe and getting to talk to them. It would be great to have him back but I won’t be disappointed if we don’t get him. With not having him yet I’m thinking he might not come back.

Yeah but because the dialogue is the same, the way they look is almost the only thing to make you want one over another unless you've had them before.

So to me it feels like a great justification for putting one smug above another smug.

Actually, they have variant dialogue. They're diff smug subtypes.
They still say some of the same things, but they actually vary! I have them both.

Isabelle, buddy, I need you to stop talking so darn much. Honestly it's always such a relief when her broadcasts are just her saying she's got nothing to say and wishing us a good start to the week! It is so bothersome hearing her talk about some comedy show or her lost sock for the thousandth time. I can't believe we're almost a year into this games release and they still haven't decided to make Isabelle useful. I know they mainly threw her in to please fans but that doesn't mean she has to be useless. She could announce NPCs, campers, meteor showers, or hell she could ask if she's got the date and time right like she used to. I know the developers seem to be actively against time travelers so that's likely why they removed that part of the introduction but it would still be helpful.

I also would really love town ordinances to come back. I've said it before but I'll keep complaining because gosh I hate the weeds. I hate the weeds, the fallen branches, and the stray stones. They're ugly. There's this little line behind my house that always has between idk, 7-10 weeds every morning. I hate them. I thought it was just the winter weeds that were throwing me off but honestly it's the weeds in general that make me feel icky and I'm not sure why. I hate the rate that they spawn at and I know they're technically a crafting material but if I need them that bad I can just go island hopping for them! That's part of what island hopping is for!! To gather common materials like weeds, sticks, wood, rocks/iron/clay!!! Stop making them spawn on my island when I don't want them there please. 😭

Actually, they have variant dialogue. They're diff smug subtypes.
They still say some of the same things, but they actually vary! I have them both.
I could be wrong but isn't it only like 20 lines that are different and only at max friendship?
I've had different sub types before and never noticed a difference.

Found it pretty disappointing overall. Not even sure why they bothered

yet they don't even realize that both of them have the same dialogue, so there's no point.

I could be wrong but isn't it only like 20 lines that are different and only at max friendship?
I've had different sub types before and never noticed a difference.

Found it pretty disappointing overall. Not even sure why they bothered

I don't know how many different lines there are, but they're there, and it's certainly not capped for only happening at max friendship. Raymond likes, I think, chai tea or something, and Marshal likes something else, to the point he said Raymond's house smells too much like whatever it was he liked and it made him wonder how he could live like that, LMAO. Raymond, who was my first smug, on the other hand -- though I've talked to him at least once nearly every day, hasn't said anything even similar about Marshal's house, even though I'm sure he's still programmed to have a line @ another smug like Marshal.

So, either way, I've found them different enough, insofar as the overall lazy dialogue of the game as a whole.

I don't know how many different lines there are, but they're there, and it's certainly not capped for only happening at max friendship. Raymond likes, I think, chai tea or something, and Marshal likes something else, to the point he said Raymond's house smells too much like whatever it was he liked and it made him wonder how he could live like that, LMAO. Raymond, who was my first smug, on the other hand -- though I've talked to him at least once nearly every day, hasn't said anything even similar about Marshal's house, even though I'm sure he's still programmed to have a line @ another smug like Marshal.

So, either way, I've found them different enough, insofar as the overall lazy dialogue of the game as a whole.
I had raymond and got that line from him before.
Pretty sure that's just a generic smug line.
Heard it from every smug I've had.

I had raymond and got that line from him before.
Pretty sure that's just a generic smug line.
Heard it from every smug I've had.

Yes, I know it is ... ? I just meant that I've only had one of my smugs say it to me, thus, to me, the dialogue is varied enough.
I wasn't saying there's any unique lines. This game isn't that well programmed, lmao.

Yes, I know it is ... ? I just meant that I've only had one of my smugs say it to me, thus, to me, the dialogue is varied enough.
I wasn't saying there's any unique lines. This game isn't that well programmed, lmao.
Then I'm confused as to why you say the unique dialogue you get from having different sub types isn't linked to max friendship if that is your example and you know it has nothing to do with them being different sub types :p

But I suppose the doesn't matter really.
You do get different experiences with villagers based off your own interactions and how things go down like that. But since every villager of the same personality has the same potential, unless you've met them, I don't think it can make a difference when chosing who you want.

Then I'm confused as to why you say the unique dialogue you get from having different sub types isn't linked to max friendship if that is your example and you know it has nothing to do with them being different sub types :p

But I suppose the doesn't matter really.
You do get different experiences with villagers based off your own interactions and how things go down like that. But since every villager of the same personality has the same potential, unless you've met them, I don't think it can make a difference when chosing who you want.

... Because it's ... not linked to max friendship?? I got Marshal very recently, maybe two weeks ago, and he's said a variant of things Raymond has never said even though I've had him for almost a year now, longer with my TTing ... Not to mention the fact Marshal might say something about the movies in his basement, and so would Raymond, but they talk about different genres of movie because they're different subtypes, so ... ?
But the point was while they're programmed the same and have a lot of repeat lines, it's possible with different subtypes to hear enough variety that, even though the dialogue is lazy and boring in this game, it's still different enough.

Anyway, yes, their personalities are literally limited to 8. You have to have duplicate dialogue if you want a full 10.
Selecting based on appearance is pretty crucial when there's only 8 personalities and over 300 villagers. So I'm also not sure why the other OP is upset people pick based on the only thing that sets them apart 100%. But. Shrug.

I think the game needs a social hub of sorts. A coffee mechanic could add some variety to the game, and it would be fun to see islanders (including characters like Blathers or Orville) hanging out during their "off-time".

Plus, I never thought it made sense that KK would play in the plaza when it's raining. It makes sense to move KK to an indoor space for his concerts at least when it's raining, or even do something similar to Club LOL or Dr. Shrunk on weekends.

Am i cursed or blessed.
I keep coming across the "new" 8 villagers at my campsite while time travelling.

I dont want them. I want the stupid purple pansies to grow djwoqhsiauqh

Think I'm at like 15 hours of time travelling. Just watering and moving forward a day. Watering and moving forward a day.

Update: I got my first one! What a horrible process but now I have every flower hybrid in the game :)

Last edited:
What were they thinking with the campsite, seriously. It's like the villagers in there are broken record players intentionally trying to waste your time and make you hate them...

Is friendship like nerfed or something? I've been giving everyone wrapped coconuts for almost 2 weeks now and none of them have given me their photo yet. Just the same floral lace dress, cardiagan combo, earbuds combo...

Is there a new friendship system now? Am I forced to give my villagers clothes and furniture and ruin their look? Cause I'd rather keep the villagers I'm giving away in mint condition please game.

Also if I see more smack talk of Raymond I'm personally sending you all a stern but politely worded letter-

Back