• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The ACNH Rant Thread

It would be great when laying down paths to have a toggle on/off button before starting that allowed you to choose whether or not the path shows up on the map. I'd like for my path squares that are actually paths to show up but not dirt squares that I put down for a flower garden, for example.

I would also like to be able to have custom paths show on the maps if you want them to.

Ive just had 3 of my villagers all say the same thing back to back all saying what a neat morning its going to be. Nintendo pls 😩
932D28A2-088B-4133-A3D2-A7E2451E979B.jpeg

I've been reminded that the grass has changed from the initial 2019 reveal. I may be a minority in feeling this way, but I actually wish we had the 2019 grass.

View attachment 357883

View attachment 357884

Nah I agree with you, I was disappointed when they changed the grass back. The snow looks way better there

I've been reminded that the grass has changed from the initial 2019 reveal. I may be a minority in feeling this way, but I actually wish we had the 2019 grass.

View attachment 357883

View attachment 357884

Maybe it has something to do with the screens? or time of day. I noticed the snow looks different depending on the lighting of the sun or moon or lack of.

Maybe it has something to do with the screens? or time of day. I noticed the snow looks different depending on the lighting of the sun or moon or lack of.
It's not that, it's a change in graphics. If you zoom in you can see there's less triangles on the grass and no circles in the snow in the E3 screens. There's also little black dots to give a grassy feel, which is lost in the Direct screens (and the final game) because they are replaced with more triangles.

Raymond will you just shut up and move to my island.
No do not ask Dom to move out. Do not play a card game. Just move here.

This is annoying
Post automatically merged:

Raymond will you just shut up and move to my island.
No do not ask Dom to move out. Do not play a card game. Just move here.

This is annoying
Never mind I got him...

Well. I hate how I have amazing RNG and whenever any of my friends come over, they make me villager hunt for them. It's a curse. I just want to use my RNG for myself. It drives me insane, and I have no idea why everyone does it. Sometimes I feel like I want to have bad RNG so it wouldn't happen...

megan still hasn’t moved out and it’s been almost a year now since the game released. she hasn’t even asked to move out, not even once. what’s going on here?? other people have said their rates of villagers asking to move out have skyrocketed but others like me are struggling to get anyone to move out. megan, if you see this, go away please.

I think the Mario items are hideous and pathetic.
I personally would've nuched preferred pokemon themed items for Pokemon's 25th. It seems to fit more thematically, pokemon are just animals. While I like mario Im not a fan of the guady items we got. The only thing I like is the Peach dress and thats cause Im weak for Peach.

Already predicting for the game's first anniversary they're just gonna give us some sort of ****** DIY via Isabelle and a cake and party through the mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally would've nuched preferred pokemon themed items for Pokemon's 25th. It seems to fit more thematically, pokemon are just animals. While I like mario Im not a fan of the guady items we got. The only thing I like is the Peach dress and thats cause Im weak for Peach.

Already predicting for the game's first anniversary they're just gonna give us some sort of ****** DIY via Isabelle and a cake and party through the mail.
Bingo. With the anniversary I saw a huge opportunity. Picture being able to invite a Koopaling, even a Yoshi as a unique villager; creating the precedent said villagers may show up in future events. I don't think it would have been a stretch to do that and instead we get an anniversary with most of the items we've already had/seen, only refurbished. The warp pipes are great, but an entire anniversary they do not make.

Celeste has been to my island three times now and given me some great astrology themed DIY's, however I have to yet to see a shooting star or meteor shower. Talk about frustrating! 😩

1:still no picket fence sad
2:still no light brown hair ( I don't need it but I'm shocked at how many people request that and Nintendo is like , "who cares"? )
3:WHERE IS BREWSTER? AND HARRIET. AND EVERY NPC FRON NL. I take that back, but Brewster better come back by the end of this year of I'm throwing my switch in a volcano.
4: make more villagers come back because I wanted to see tarou and champagne and those dnme+ guys.
5: (This actually isn't the game itself, but the people who here or see people disrespect new horizons and get all defensive, people can have opinions. You don't have to agree all the time, but people have the right to protest over a compete game,that could use some work. If you don't like it, that's ok. Other people might but you don'tneed to snap and go all out. I've never seen this h happen here but I saw it on Twitter and reddit.)
6: make custom music tracks. This might be hard for Nintendo but they'll deal. It would basically work like town themes, but extended and you can set it to hourly themes. This would look be really helpful to those people who hate the 2pm theme on here.
Rant is over, have a good day or night depending on where you live

Celeste has been to my island three times now and given me some great astrology themed DIY's, however I have to yet to see a shooting star or meteor shower. Talk about frustrating! 😩

You should find your weather seed so you know when your next heavy meteor shower is. Some seeds have gone over 8 months without seeing a heavy shower, so it's possible you're in a dry spell right now. Celeste can only visit on days with meteor showers, so you've had light showers at the very least. Light showers can go hours without stars, so it just comes down to whether or not you're lucky enough to be outside when the correct minutes come.

View attachment 357883

View attachment 357884

I always thought that when also looking at the Winter version. I don't know, it does look more aesthetically pleasing with the patterns being sporadic as opposed to being one full continuous pattern. But with the winter version, it looks even different with the atmosphere/colors. Like the top is Marvel movies and the bottom is grayscaled DC.

Sorry for having posts so close together, but since I heard they're reprinting the Sanrio crossover cards I really hope they bring back the sanrio characters. Toby, Chelsea and Marty were all my favorites and Im sad you couldn't get them in NH.

Speaking of missing characters, I can't be the only one who was a little disappointed with the small roster of new villagers we got. I mean don't get me wrong I adore Raymond Judy Megan and all them, but compared to new leaf's new characters + returning welcome amiibo it's really pitiful. I hope the bring back the remaining missing villagers. Give us Tarou, Sunny, Megumi, Chamapange, Azziz, Ace, WOOLIO back please...

Back