• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The ACNH Rant Thread

You should find your weather seed so you know when your next heavy meteor shower is. Some seeds have gone over 8 months without seeing a heavy shower, so it's possible you're in a dry spell right now. Celeste can only visit on days with meteor showers, so you've had light showers at the very least. Light showers can go hours without stars, so it just comes down to whether or not you're lucky enough to be outside when the correct minutes come.
I had no idea a weather seed existed that could give you a forecast, this has just helped me out a lot so I know what night to be on to finally catch a meteor shower in action. I honestly thought I was out of luck as I've not seen a thing even though Celeste has visited a few times. The only celestial night time event I've seen so far is the Aurora Borealis and various moon phases.

Thank you so much though, you've just saved me from another session of frustration on ACNH. 😂

I must have sold my water bug 😩
Now I time traveled to catch a new one , and none are spawning. This is the last item I need to complete a section of my island. It’s driving me insane.

Edit: found a diving bug...close enough for me 😅

Last edited:
I finally got enough courage to kick out Raymond and replace him with Tangy! Whenever I kick out a villager, i usually feel kind of guilty and my stomach will tend to hurt, yes I am getting sad over a literal game but surprisingly it didn’t this time 😅
im just super happy that I finally got my dreamie, Tangy! So cute, lil orange cat ❤️🍊
thank you @Foreverfox for Tangy and @Robertoh123456 for taking Raymond!

I finally got enough courage to kick out Raymond and replace him with Tangy! Whenever I kick out a villager, i usually feel kind of guilty and my stomach will tend to hurt, yes I am getting sad over a literal game but surprisingly it didn’t this time 😅
im just super happy that I finally got my dreamie, Tangy! So cute, lil orange cat ❤️🍊
Tysm for ramond and happy to hear thath jou got tangy❤

Thanks to bug catching I've been binge watching insects videos on YT, I don't know why I do it even when I get creep out and gets goosebumps lol Thanks Animal Crossing lol

[Sorry for lame silly rant, didn't want to make an forum post on this lol]

im just super happy that I finally got my dreamie, Tangy! So cute, lil orange cat ❤🍊
Sometimes you just have to take a chance on yourself. Congratulations to you both!

I'm time travelling to get art.
How they ever thought a normal person could complete their museum without cheating is beyond me. Been at this for 2 days and I still need 8 pieces.

I also want a real copy of a certain bit of art for my house. Good luck to me for that one!!!

Got a huge collection of duplicates outside my museum though for my other half to have.

For a game that likes to pride itself on being a 'fun, relaxing game" they sure did add a lot of ANNOYING things to it. Like the spawn rate of Sea and Black Bass. Those two fish get in the way of everything and makes fishing extremely annoying.
I know this post is old, but I agree 1000000000000000000000000000%
This is what happens every single time I see a big fish in the sea.
Me: oh cool a rare fish! *fishes it up*
Animal crossing character: I caught a sea bass! It's at least a C+!
Me: 😑
I actually wasn't exaggerating, that happens every single time. If there was a nook miles reward for catching sea bass, mine would be over 1000 caught

I also want a real copy of a certain bit of art for my house. Good luck to me for that one!!!

I wish Nook's cranny could sell some artsy items like paintings and statues. I hate that you can't buy more than one piece of art at a time from Redd, I created this "garden of statues" area before I realised I probably won't be able to fill it with statues until many years later. Ugh!

Also on a different note, if the devs never end up adding light brown or white hair I'm going to be convinced they're just mocking us lol. They're such obvious and simple things to implement to the point where it makes no sense that they're not there. I mean, what the heck, light brown is one of the most common hair colours in the world. New Leaf had it but the closest option in NH is not really a hair colour I usually see. Most of the colours aren't realistic. I am SO confused.

Also on a different note, if the devs never end up adding light brown or white hair I'm going to be convinced they're just mocking us lol. They're such obvious and simple things to implement to the point where it makes no sense that they're not there. I mean, what the heck, light brown is one of the most common hair colours in the world. New Leaf had it but the closest option in NH is not really a hair colour I usually see. Most of the colours aren't realistic. I am SO confused.

I really wish we had true white hair. I do believe we may get it some day. We've gotten new hair, eye, and skin colors already, so I assume it's possible we can get more again someday.

I just found that the hybrid islands and a big fish island were removed in update 1.2.0 and haven’t been re-added since then. 😤 I’m surprised there hasn’t been a greater outrage over this.

Also I wish you could shovel up snowboys and be able to move them somewhere else. Also where’s snowman, snowmam, and snowtyke?

20210226_193842.jpg

Ohhh, I wish we could have things like these for our gardens!!! I know we have hedges already but we really need more fancy garden items, including the flower arch and topiaries from NL/HHD. We did get a stand from Turkey Day but the ones above are so much nicer. I wish they weren't all just for PC.

i'm trying to make a build... but mira won't go away..

she keeps walking in the way of my beach relaxing area....

she eventually went away, though :3

even with the improved QOL features we got this game, i'm still baffled by some of the decisions nintendo made regarding user experience. really basic things like skipping to option menus and reducing the number of clicks to perform repetitve tasks. why, nintendo? why?

View attachment 358207
Ohhh, I wish we could have things like these for our gardens!!! I know we have hedges already but we really need more fancy garden items, including the flower arch and topiaries from NL/HHD. We did get a stand from Turkey Day but the ones above are so much nicer. I wish they weren't all just for PC.

Wow at that castle type item. That reminds me there are so many huge, bulky items they release on Pocket camp that would look so much better in New Horizons! You can't even fit many of them in your little areas on pocket camp, so I don't get the point of releasing so many of them there instead.

Wow at that castle type item. That reminds me there are so many huge, bulky items they release on Pocket camp that would look so much better in New Horizons! You can't even fit many of them in your little areas on pocket camp, so I don't get the point of releasing so many of them there instead.
I agree, it seems like such a waste to make so many amazing items, when you have such a small area to display them and people are always switching them out for the newest thing anyway :( Some of the things on Pocket Camp are just so beautiful and detailed I purposely avoid looking when I can.

Back