The ACNH Rant Thread

I gotta jump in on the tool-breaking hate. It's very annoying. I didn't like the mechanic in BOTW or TOTK, and I didn't really think it belonged in AC. It's just one more thing to do, which I guess keeps you engaged with the game, but also makes it frustrating and makes it more likely that I'll set the game down for a while rather than keep going. I just want to catch fish!

The other big issue is even after a few hours, they start complaining "wow we've seen each other so much today!"
I agree with the crafting. I think you can get some really nice furniture from it but I actively avoid crafting because of how awkward it is. Why do I have to have the crafting items in my pockets? Why doesn’t it just pull them straight from my storage? Why can’t I bulk craft? Why do I have to sit through a stupid animation each time that they knew was annoying because they gave you the option to speed it up slightly? Why do I have to spend half my life crafting tools? It drives me insane 😱

I remember getting the game a few months later so I managed to miss bunny day >:] But I remember the music driving me mad q:

I agree with the crafting. I think you can get some really nice furniture from it but I actively avoid crafting because of how awkward it is. Why do I have to have the crafting items in my pockets? Why doesn’t it just pull them straight from my storage? Why can’t I bulk craft? Why do I have to sit through a stupid animation each time that they knew was annoying because they gave you the option to speed it up slightly? Why do I have to spend half my life crafting tools? It drives me insane 😱
And I thought they added bulk crafting? I could be wrong, haven't played it in over a year

Last edited:
I remember getting the game a few months later so I managed to miss bunny day :)< But I remember the music driving me mad q:

And I thought they added bulk crafting? I could be wrong, haven't played it in over a year
Bulk crafting was never a thing. I remember this sparked such heated arguments when this first launched. Which never made sense to me. It would be a much needed QoL update, but so many claimed it would ruin the game.

Bulk crafting was never a thing. I remember this sparked such heated arguments when this first launched. Which never made sense to me. It would be a much needed QoL update, but so many claimed it would ruin the game.
Ah gotcha, thought it was introduced with the 2.0 update

Why did they think making seasonal recipes only available as random chance through balloons was a good idea and why did they never implement alternate ways to get them through later updates
I hate that too. I've managed to get most of the Fall seasonal recipes, but I'm still missing two Mushroom DIYs.

I'm not sure if this is just random coincidence, but I think having the seasonal material in my inventory might raise my chances of getting a seasonal DIY in the balloons. During the Maple Leaf season, I carried around Maple Leaves and Pinecones in my inventory because I couldn't bothered putting them in my storage over and over again. I managed to get all of the Maple Leaf DIYs as well as the Pinecone/Acorn DIYs I was missing and even some Mushroom DIYs during that time. Today, I decided to carry around the first mushroom I picked instead of putting it in storage, and I've managed to get two Mushroom DIYs so far.

Edit: I just got a third Mushroom DIY in one day! I'm still not sure if it's because I'm carrying around Rare Mushrooms or if the likelihood of getting seasonal DIYs increases towards the end of their availability.

Edit 2: I got a fourth Mushroom DIY, but then it turned out that I'm still missing one more. I'm now carrying around all of the types of Mushrooms in case that'll improve my chances. And I'm going to have to do this EVERY SEASON!!! 😭

Edit 3: And now I just got a duplicate Mushroom DIY. Anyone want a Mush Log? If you can trade a Mush Umbrella for it, that would be nice, but I'm willing to give it away for free.

Last edited:
(sigh) I am so freaking tired of digging up flowers and then having to go ALL THE WAY BACK just to get a new shovel just to keep digging them. I swear I wish there was a better system that handled a lot of flowers because I've spent 4 hours transfering blue roses and black roses to my 2nd island in the process of restarting. I forgot how much of a pain this is.

(sigh) I am so freaking tired of digging up flowers and then having to go ALL THE WAY BACK just to get a new shovel just to keep digging them. I swear I wish there was a better system that handled a lot of flowers because I've spent 4 hours transfering blue roses and black roses to my 2nd island in the process of restarting. I forgot how much of a pain this is.
Also terraforming is a real chore because from all the times I've restarted my island it takes forever to design. The Outside Decor tool from Happy Home Paradise really spoiled me so much.

Can I please have more than ONE DAY to find someone to fill the empty space on my island? I really wanted to find a Peppy, Smug, or Sisterly villager, but I only had time to visit two mystery islands, both of which had Jocks. The empty space had been sold by the next day, and now I find out that I have another Jock villager! :mad:

Can I please have more than ONE DAY to find someone to fill the empty space on my island? I really wanted to find a Peppy, Smug, or Sisterly villager, but I only had time to visit two mystery islands, both of which had Jocks. The empty space had been sold by the next day, and now I find out that I have another Jock villager! :mad:
I feel your pain! The short window can be incredibly inconvenient.

I was away for a few days shortly after a villager was set to move, and I didn't have time to villager hunt.

I opted to time travel back to that day when I was able to play again to ensure a random move-in didn't happen. 😅

Yea the only way is to stay on the day your plot is empty. My problem is the opposite I love random move ins but for me they sometimes take 5 or 6 days to fill.

You would think after all of these years, they would do a quality of life update, right? You can't craft multiple things at once, you can't buy multiple things at the Able's shop, flowers aren't allowed to be in the storage (even though you could in the past games??), you can't change the location of the plaza, ect.
Also, the general store only upgrades once? Seriously? After all of these years, we've had the same building and no progress... at least let us customize the shop's exterior!! I really wish we had more buildings on the island.. Harvey's Island is neat, but the stock rotates only once a week. If you go there and there's nothing you like, you're basically stuck with it until next Sunday! It would be cool if you could invite some of the people there to your island.

I hope they do a quality of life update for the next anniversary, because there's no reason for the newest game to have features removed from the previous game? I love this game, but I know it can be better.
Dont hold your breath. I think Nintendo is content because the game sold really well, so as far as they're concerned theres no need to update it anymore.

Yea the only way is to stay on the day your plot is empty. My problem is the opposite I love random move ins but for me they sometimes take 5 or 6 days to fill.
I'd enjoy random move-ins more if I didn't feel like I was missing out because I don't have all of the personalities on my island. ACNH is my first AC game so I don't know too much about the various villagers available. I do know that some DIYs and reactions are only available from specific personalities though so I had wanted to fill in one of my gaps.

I posted this in the random thoughts thread, but catching a barreleye is pretty challenging. But I am glad I caught a blowfish.

If I had a nickel for every time a villager asks me "is it true you are looking for a (insert random furniture/clothing) here" I would be very annoyed right now.

I'd enjoy random move-ins more if I didn't feel like I was missing out because I don't have all of the personalities on my island. ACNH is my first AC game so I don't know too much about the various villagers available. I do know that some DIYs and reactions are only available from specific personalities though so I had wanted to fill in one of my gaps.
Yea it’s definitely frustrating when trying to fill for specific personalities. It’s too bad they don’t fill with personalities your missing instead of ones you already have.

I wish that over on Harv's Island when we can place villagers or scan amiibos that we could have duplicates of the same character! I wanted a room full of my beloved Buck! Maybe even an evil Buck! 🐴 :devilish:

Back