The ACNH Rant Thread

I'm about to throw my Switch. Now that I decided that I only want an island that has native apples and an airport that is not green, the game is going out of it's way to give me nothing but green airports out of the four colors. Doesn't help that there is SO MUCH EFFING DIALOUGE that you CAN'T SKIP!!!!

I hate how you cannot build more than 10 bridges/inclines on your island. I had to restort to Vines to put on cliffs just to make additional navigation. Then I had to terraform the ground to make a bridge which makes the Rivers look so of putting. I just did this on both my islands. While it does improve navigation it just makes the river mouth so odd. I really hate this restriction!

i wish there was a feature to automatically go to another nook mile island from the island you’re on itself (hoping that makes sense) bc i hate having to go back to the airport and go to another island, go back to airport and repeat cycle :<

I wish the next game don't have the villagers forcing things into your pocket. I didn't like this back in NL, I had to pack my pockets to avoid it.

It's a real pain if you're trying to work on things and here comes Marshal shoving some hat in my pocket. Thank goodness the trash can is a thing.
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone else's switch battery charge go down to nothing if you don't play it for a week?
No, but whenever I turn mines on at times. The battery would be sitting at 98 percent when I had changed it.
Weird.

I decided to take my sweet time with the game, so I'm ignoring Redd, Gulliver, Isabelle and that first camper who will probably stay there forever. I'm annoyed at the color of things that came with the green airport and I've never found anything interesting on mystery islands, there is nothing there that I don't already have on my own, there was just the coconut I didn't have. It's always just peaches and garbage.

I wish the next game don't have the villagers forcing things into your pocket. I didn't like this back in NL, I had to pack my pockets to avoid it.
Oh yeah I HATE that so much. Especially whenever I am trying to let them leave after getting their photo. I go up to them because they have a thought bubble and they say "Oh is it true you were looking for a (insert item here)" and then just give it to you even though you say you didn't want it. I get so angry that I just hit them in head with a net just to make sure they don't do it again. I know that sounds harsh but come on I really don't want that have gifts forced me because I didn't ask for it! its ESPECIALLY annoying when they send gifts in the mail next day! :mad:

I decided to take my sweet time with the game, so I'm ignoring Redd, Gulliver, Isabelle and that first camper who will probably stay there forever.

Yeah unfortunately when you first get the campsite you have to take the first villager that appears. Which was something I hated haha

I understand that part of the fun of games is figuring out what's going on, but sometimes I'd really like a LITTLE MORE INFORMATION given in the game itself. I was driving myself crazy trying to catch leaves this morning. When it didn't work, I looked at Nookipedia, and it said to catch leaves with a net. I had already tried that, but I doubled down on it and still didn't have much luck. I finally caught a couple of red leaves, but I couldn't catch the smaller yellow ones. I finally had some time after I got off of work to look more into it, and apparently, you can't catch the yellow leaves. :mad:

- How on earth did anyone ever think that destroying your tools constantly, so often to the point where I now have to carry backup shovel, axe etc. was a good idea? It literally provides no enjoyment whatsoever having your tools be stolen by the game when you are in the middle of doing something.

- After all the updates we have got over the years, none of the developers ever thought about letting us craft more than one item at a time. I tried using fish bait the other day to try for the golden trout which I am still missing. Found ten clams, and had to sit through the animation for every single one to change it into a piece of bait. There is literally no point in this - just changing the name of the item. Why can't you just use a straight clam as bait? After using all ten, I still didn't find a single one. How could anyone ever find this fun?

- I spent five straight minutes spamming the A button the other day to craft twenty shovels to keep in home storage so I don't have to take out all the supplies to craft a new backup shovel when my primary one is robbed from me by the game, which happens just about every second day.

- I have no motivation at all to talk to my villagers in New Horizons - I just find it a waste of time to listen to some pointless, bland dialogue that is nothing like what it was in the previous games. I talked to some of my villagers today for the first time in weeks. After one finished going on about how I ignored them for weeks, she just talked about sitting down. This is why I can't be bothered talking to you!

I really had to get this off my chest.

- How on earth did anyone ever think that destroying your tools constantly, so often to the point where I now have to carry backup shovel, axe etc. was a good idea? It literally provides no enjoyment whatsoever having your tools be stolen by the game when you are in the middle of doing something.

- After all the updates we have got over the years, none of the developers ever thought about letting us craft more than one item at a time. I tried using fish bait the other day to try for the golden trout which I am still missing. Found ten clams, and had to sit through the animation for every single one to change it into a piece of bait. There is literally no point in this - just changing the name of the item. Why can't you just use a straight clam as bait? After using all ten, I still didn't find a single one. How could anyone ever find this fun?

- I spent five straight minutes spamming the A button the other day to craft twenty shovels to keep in home storage so I don't have to take out all the supplies to craft a new backup shovel when my primary one is robbed from me by the game, which happens just about every second day.

- I have no motivation at all to talk to my villagers in New Horizons - I just find it a waste of time to listen to some pointless, bland dialogue that is nothing like what it was in the previous games. I talked to some of my villagers today for the first time in weeks. After one finished going on about how I ignored them for weeks, she just talked about sitting down. This is why I can't be bothered talking to you!

I really had to get this off my chest.
Most of the AC Community was begging for Nintendo to add bulk crafting but they never did (pfft shows how much they don't seem to care about the feedback). Crafting was a good idea but it was poorly executed. I don't know why they went this whole "You can craft things one at a time" it is such bad game design.

Again and I said this so many times about the villager dialogue that some don't seem to understand. They only talk about pointless things retain to their personality, asking you the same questions, and of course pointing out pointless stuff on the island. The way I heard it Nintendo made it like this becuase they wanted you to talk to your villagers throughout the day, while it is true that they do say different things as the day progress that doesn't excuse the problem, because most of it is repeated by the next day and all the conversations are restart, its like if the villagers just had like short term memory loss and they just act bland NPCs wondering around.

I carry around my DIY table along with the regular supplies (wood, stone, iron, etc) so that I can craft new tools immediately. I figured that I have to pick up the supplies anyway when I hit rocks and chop wood so there's no point in putting them into my storage and then having to bring them out of my storage over and over again. That said, it's really frustrating when my shovel breaks while I'm in the middle of hitting a rock so I don't get all of the items out of it.

Tools breaking is an absolutely stupid mechanic and there will be no convincing me otherwise. It's actually a pretty big part of why I quit playing the game so early on (though there were plenty of other annoyances and shortcomings that helped with that too).

Most of the AC Community was begging for Nintendo to add bulk crafting but they never did (pfft shows how much they don't seem to care about the feedback). Crafting was a good idea but it was poorly executed. I don't know why they went this whole "You can craft things one at a time" it is such bad game design.

Again and I said this so many times about the villager dialogue that some don't seem to understand. They only talk about pointless things retain to their personality, asking you the same questions, and of course pointing out pointless stuff on the island. The way I heard it Nintendo made it like this becuase they wanted you to talk to your villagers throughout the day, while it is true that they do say different things as the day progress that doesn't excuse the problem, because most of it is repeated by the next day and all the conversations are restart, its like if the villagers just had like short term memory loss and they just act bland NPCs wondering around.

The other big issue is even after a few hours, they start complaining "wow we've seen each other so much today!"

The other big issue is even after a few hours, they start complaining "wow we've seen each other so much today!"
Yeah its like when you talk to them once they are happy to see you but when you talk to them a 2nd time they act so passive aggressive and annoyed at you as if you talked to like 500 times. Its so weird.

Also I just wanna point out in this screenshot, It really bothers me how we cannot expand Room Size in our Home or even on Harvs Island. Why Nintendo?

404358459_7630580400290937_9084847651812791474_n.jpg

Also I just wanna point out in this screenshot, It really bothers me how we cannot expand Room Size in our Home or even on Harvs Island. Why Nintendo?
Yeah, I would definitely like larger rooms. I had to cram my rooms full of furniture to get the S rating Achievement, and now it's a bit hard to move around.

On a similar topic, why can't we disable getting the Happy Home Academy ratings once we've gotten the highest rating? I don't actually like my home the way it is now, but I'm pretty sure that changing it will mean that I'll start getting letters with lower ratings in the future. I'll probably change it anyway at some point, but the continued ratings are very annoying.

View attachment 523191
They probably didn’t think of it, kinda why we didn’t have ceiling furniture in ACNL after Happy Home Designer came out. I think they’ll do it next game.

Back