• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The ACNH Rant Thread

I know it's an ongoing problem, but the increased frame rate and overall lag is frustrating, especially when running. On the other hand, I just love the cozy feel of an overloaded island, something that I don't think I could sacrifice.

I take it that we'll never be able to place things on the town hall plaza, which is odd when you compare it to previous series where it was possible.

I knew something would be terrible about this update. I’m upset that now villagers are wearing all custom designs. Before the update they only wore the pro designs that were displayed. Now they wear the regular ones too. Now I’m still being followed by problems from when that mean person added their custom designs to my able sisters shop. I don’t want my villagers wearing any custom designs. Before this update I had solved the problem by replacing what she had put with regular patterns. I guess I’ll try replacing them with plain black swatches since that might be okay and not bug me too much. It’s just so frustrating that there’s no way to reset your able sisters to the default patterns once someone has added custom designs. And you’ll forever be dealing with villagers wearing stupid stuff.

Able sisters hasn’t opened since the update, so maybe there was a change to how custom designs are displayed and I can easily fix this, but I doubt it.

The fact you only get to use the custom designs you use on your own island and can't create new ones while actually decorating......................

I'm really, really bummed that we can't change the sizes of our rooms after unlocking it in HPP! I got the impression from the Direct that we would be able to use that feature on our own homes and was looking forward to expanding some of my rooms since they're so gosh dang small. I really hope in the next major AC game, Nintendo either lets us choose the dimensions of our rooms or goes back to the original 6x6, 8x8, etc expansions. I hate having such small rooms, and the rectangular rooms are so awkward to work with sometimes.

kappn, man. dude. bestie. my guy. i am BEGGING you to take me to one of the cool islands i keep seeing all over social media. this is petty but it's been what...3 days now....and i did tt a little bit so i've gone to around 5......but only one of them has had anything new and it was just plumeria bushes!!! at least they're pretty but....i just want all the cool stuff come on man

51d.png

I'm really, really bummed that we can't change the sizes of our rooms after unlocking it in HPP! I got the impression from the Direct that we would be able to use that feature on our own homes and was looking forward to expanding some of my rooms since they're so gosh dang small. I really hope in the next major AC game, Nintendo either lets us choose the dimensions of our rooms or goes back to the original 6x6, 8x8, etc expansions. I hate having such small rooms, and the rectangular rooms are so awkward to work with sometimes.

Literally this. I'm shocked that no one has been talking about it more? I was trying to look into it after the AC direct, because potentially being able to change the room sizes on my main island was one of the biggest reasons for why I was even considering the DLC in the first place. I've seriously always hated the room sizes for your home in Nh because like you said, the side rooms on the main floor are so small for no reason, and I absolutely hate the long awkward rooms for the second floor and basement. It was something I was sure would be fixed in a future update, but I'm really disappointed to see that it wasn't. I was still into most of the other features that you could permanently implement to your main island later, so I still bought the DLC in the end, but I definitely feel like you should have been able to implement all the features from HHP on your main island.

It says on screen in the Direct that you can’t use the adjusting room size feature on your island homes, which is probably why there aren’t many people discussing it now.

I meant that I don't understand why more people weren't talking about being disappointed that it wasn't a feature that would be included. It's just such a downgrade from NL imo, but even if I hadn't played NL prior to NH, I still think the rooms are so awkward. I'm just shocked that a majority of people seem to be okay with that feature being left out because it's such a game-changer.

Man, Twiggy will not move out. 😭 She was my starting peppy villager and she will not ask to move out despite me having to TT so many days ahead. 😔

Also, I wonder how many HHP houses there are that we can design? I don't wanna rush my HHP game just for the villager customization thing, I feel if I rush it I'll end up having nothing left to do in HHP. 😭

I really want WW's villagers back, I'd love to have actual villagers with lives, friends, hobbies, and personality instead of these living cardboard cutouts we're stuck with in NH. They don't have to be rude and spit in my face, but give me a reason to play daily, Nintendo. I want to log in daily to see why Bob's upset with Audie, gossip with Willow and Skye about a rumor, heck, even run errands for my villys and get pinged by them constantly. I miss that a lot.

I want to send my ten permanent villagers to HHP to make them an vacation home, and while I don't have all ten currently, I do have six so far. I have invited and made five vacations homes, and only Freya's left to invite... but she's been sitting at K.K.'s concert for the last FIVE. FREAKING. HOURS.

AAUGHHH. MOVE, FREYA! TAKE THE DARN CHOCOLATES! XD

It really sucks how we cannot use "Room Size" on our islands. Even when you unlock the feature to customize villager homes you still cannot use it. What were they thinking?!

Back