• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The ACNH Rant Thread

Honestly my biggest frustration with the game is probably the lack of QOL adjustments. I don't remember being this annoyed in New Leaf, probably because the 3DS stylus alleviated so many things. Excessive confirmation prompts also annoy me, especially the ones at the airport.
This so much. New Leaf's stylus was so great for organizing stuff. Among other things, like chatting. Sure it wasn't the most convenient way of communication, but it's ten times better than having to use a controller stick to flip to each letter. The fact that the Switch can utilize stylus functions, but Nintendo never provided one in the system purchase or even has a Nintendo brand stylus just for the Switch is criminal.

I mean they could even make one strictly for Animal Crossing and throw some designs on it and bam they'd make a profit. I ended up buying a third party stylus pen that would specifically work for the Switch. Because when Smash Ult came out with the design your stage mode it was killer trying to do that with your finger. I bought one that night so I could do it right.

the villagers are much more interactive with items in pocket camp :C

plus pocket camp has so much good furniture and items damn. though i kinda understand that it's easier for PC to have those compared to NH bc it's a mobile game, and the items really need to be carefully rendered in NH
Yeah I noticed that when someone posted here or somewhere else about one of the cats (Merry I think) rattling a tambourine with enthusiasm. All you can do with it in this game is beat it against your hand. It really doesn't matter if it is harder or not, people are paying $60 for a game that is inferior in places that count compared to a free mobile game app. That's really embarrassing. Not for us, but for Nintendo.

I have a question, I've been placing a path leading up to my house, but for some reason I can't place a tile at the front of the house near the mailbox so it looks horrible and assymetrical. I know you can upgrade your mailbox or something so will it work then? If not then whyyyyyy

You can't upgrade your mailbox. You can talk to Nook to customize your mailbox and other stuff (door/windows/roof/ect) New Leaf was just like that though, not the upgrade thing, just that tiles couldn't be placed at certain places. Like the front entrance of the door couldn't have a tile placed down. So you'd have a straight path, a gap, and then it'd continue.

You can't upgrade your mailbox. You can talk to Nook to customize your mailbox and other stuff (door/windows/roof/ect) New Leaf was just like that though, not the upgrade thing, just that tiles couldn't be placed at certain places. Like the front entrance of the door couldn't have a tile placed down. So you'd have a straight path, a gap, and then it'd continue.
Oh ok, thanks for explaining. I was confused since I could put a full 3 tiles of path at my villagers' doors but can't on my own house, so I thought it was the mailbox 😅

If a female villager sings Welcome Horizons (and certain other songs), for some reason, they sing it one octave too high, producing pretty painful notes at times. I think they sound fine on certain other songs, like K.K. Rockabilly and (weird portamento glitch or whatever aside,) Bubblegum K.K., but yeah
That actually sounds kinda normal to me considering other songs my villagers have sung - though the high note did catch me off-guard when I first heard Marina hit it. The higher notes in K.K. Salsa sound like that.

In my experience they appear to sing Go K.K. Rider an octave too low. I don't think I have footage of that, but it's offputting compared to most other songs they sing. The jocks/lazies/smugs sound like they're reaching down to the bottom of their vocal range to sing it.
Post automatically merged:

In other events, I got a copy of WW a few days ago and started a town. Bill, Stitches and Pinky are my starting villagers. I've never had Stitches or Pinky, and Bill is my newest NH islander.

The first time I talked to Bill, he was doing the happy dance. He used the catchphrase "stuffin'." I thought maybe they changed his catchphrase or smth after WW, but no, he had actually taken Stitches' catchphrase right before I talked to him. On day 1, within an hour of the town Respite existing.

Somehow that makes me feel a little better about the catchphrase situation in NH. At least in NH you can stop the spread when you're high enough friendship with all your villagers to assign them all catchphrases of their own. Also, in WW they ask you to change their catchphrase every second and it's kinda annoying, whereas in NH for whatever reason you have to work up to that point.

Last edited:
Apparently the swimsuits can't be set as wand outfits. If this is true it's a big missed opportunity. It would be one less thing to clutter our pockets. I haven't tested it myself but people on GameFaqs are saying this is true.

Apparently the swimsuits can't be set as wand outfits. If this is true it's a big missed opportunity. It would be one less thing to clutter our pockets. I haven't tested it myself but people on GameFaqs are saying this is true.
Yeah the first thing I did was try to make it a wand outfit and it wouldn't let me. It's also annoying how you can't use the changing room with it or the wand outfits 😭 I haven't tried it but I assume you can't use the wardrobe either.

This game has a massive issue with giant walls of text in the wrong areas
Why is it that I can't get Flick or CJ to shut up at a torunament but my villagers next to never say anything worthwhile to me?
Who thought that was a good idea

I have a question, I've been placing a path leading up to my house, but for some reason I can't place a tile at the front of the house near the mailbox so it looks horrible and assymetrical. I know you can upgrade your mailbox or something so will it work then? If not then whyyyyyy

Yeah it’s due to the mailbox. Once you upgrade your house enough you can pick up the mailbox, place the path and then replace the mailbox again. Or you can do what I did and move the mailbox entirely to a new location as well.

Yeah it’s due to the mailbox. Once you upgrade your house enough you can pick up the mailbox, place the path and then replace the mailbox again. Or you can do what I did and move the mailbox entirely to a new location as well.
Thanks, I upgraded my house soon after posting the question and it's all good now :)

aahh yes.......the "summer" update.....thanks nintendo

6F59E7FA-4C8D-4257-A93D-C348C8752793.jpeg

6A1CE668-785A-40A7-9D72-6069D1ACE3D6.jpeg

i know its silly to complain about since us southern peeps are a minority but honestly im not even mad its just funny. this is so tragic

I actually wouldn't mind breakable tools... if it happened in real life. Never in my life have I damaged a watering can, let alone had a metal one disintegrate. If the game is going to deviate from reality, why do it for the worse? Who's the audience?
I broke a real life watering can just the other day. I was amazed! It was many many years old though!
Post automatically merged:

One of my villagers sometimes sings really badly. Couldn't understand it and then it hit me......she's singing to the teacup ride! Bizarre!

I used to have a way to close off my front area for crafting services and trades for visitors. now that's gone since you can jump off of the airport dock. time to work on something else then.

I used to have a way to close off my front area for crafting services and trades for visitors. now that's gone since you can jump off of the airport dock. time to work on something else then.

Oh man this is such a good point! if any visitor can swim any visitor can get anywhere. I'd also designed my island around the idea that I might need to close it off--my nook's is right in front of my airport mostly for that reason--and hadn't made this connection yet. That's a real issue.

32x32 is a terrible size for flag designing. You can only make 2, 4 or 8 stripes which probably only covers a half of real flags. It should be 36x36.
Of course most people just use a good picture as a flag, but if you want to design a realistic flag it really limits you. I don't like "uneven" stripes.

I’m in Southern Hemisphere and it snows every second day or so. Snow counts as rain too and I’ve just had enough of cleaning flowers up every day, especially as my island is more on the natural side so I have them scattered throughout

Back