• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

That Scary Moment -

Kaiserin

please walk quietly in the hallway .
Bells
Toy Duck Plush
When a person you don't know enter your town, While you have a Friend over...
All I know Is That the person's name was Kaede from...I didn't get the name...
Did this happened to any of you too?Got scared & flipped the switch..

OMG yes!
I hate it because your like trying to hang out and chill with your friend and then some random person comes over and you have to keep tabs on them and their running all over the place like a banshee reeking havoc and turning your beautiful town into hell. Then your friend is standing there like "wtf should I do?!" and then you end it all with a flick of a switch, deleting all the medal that you and your friend earned on the island.

So I may have had this experience you could say...

This has happened to me twice :mad:

Neither of them did anything horrible like steal hybrids or anything so I didn't flip the switch. Definitely deleted them after though. I mean you could at least shoot me a pm if you want to go shopping or something.

That's happened to me before, and from then on I've always closed the gates after everyone I want is over.

You can close your gate after a visitor enters your town. They can leave, but no one else can come in.

Wait, so this DOESN'T kick your visitor out either?

Because that is god send, my goodness. I had this annoying 11 year old added that kept asking to come over whilst someone was dropping off a lot of their items, and this kid was greedy as hell so I just kept telling him "no they don't want you here they don't want to meet you" to try to keep him out. Then when another friend was over getting signatures he randomly came to the town. -____- I removed him as a best friend and still gotta remove his FC but either way this is really useful to know. I usually set it to "best friends only" but I can't do that with new visitors in a trade and stuff. :/

Wait, so this DOESN'T kick your visitor out either?

Because that is god send, my goodness. I had this annoying 11 year old added that kept asking to come over whilst someone was dropping off a lot of their items, and this kid was greedy as hell so I just kept telling him "no they don't want you here they don't want to meet you" to try to keep him out. Then when another friend was over getting signatures he randomly came to the town. -____- I removed him as a best friend and still gotta remove his FC but either way this is really useful to know. I usually set it to "best friends only" but I can't do that with new visitors in a trade and stuff. :/

Yes, it does work. Porter will explain it either when you ask or right after you've closed it. I can't remember which.

And good grief, that kid sounds annoying. Definitely delete his friend code!

I'm that kind of person who will pop in randomly for a chat or something when I feel bored :blush:
But only the people I hang out with before tho...
Maybe because I like it to have random visitors aswell :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

But I get nervous tho when someone I don't know yet pops in...
But if they want to steal my hybrids, I will delete them right after..
And look them up on the forum and give them tons of bad wifi ratings.. lol..
Replacing flowers isn't the biggest disaster ever tho, but I would be sad if someone did this to me..

It's never happened to me personally, but I have visited other towns while this sort of thing was happening. I generally try to help whoever happens to be hosting keep an eye on them, but some of them still manage to steal things anyway. :(

Last edited:
It's happened to me quite a few times. It's usually someone accidently going to the wrong town. I've barged in on people by accident too, so I'm always very understanding about it.

One time, this boy came over while I was waiting for someone else. He didn't say hi. He just took off running. I flipped the switch on him.

One time I had to go visit to do a trade and I accidentally went to the wrong town. I was like "Oh trick" said sorry and then left after apologizing

Last edited:
I actually had one time where this girl I didn't know or remember visited me during a trade. She didn't say much, she said about 3 words, not at one time, and then ran up to my main street. I disconnected in case she was looking to steal something.

Last edited:
I never go to a town without being invited. Isn't that just common courtesy? Also close the gate after your visitor arrives. They'll be able to leave but no one can come in.

I never go to a town without being invited. Isn't that just common courtesy? Also close the gate after your visitor arrives. They'll be able to leave but no one can come in.

I suppose some people are just bored and want to visit a town. You can't really communicate with someone unless you have them as a best friend (I suppose you could send them a PM on TBT if you remember their username here). The only way you can visit someone's town is if they have you as a "friend", even if that was just to do a quick trade.

Ive had this happen a couple times and it was with the same person each time. I dont remember who it was since this happened a little over a year ago, but the first time I was waiting for someone else to come over and the person invited themselves over. I just told them what was going on and they left peacefully. The second time they came over I was doing a trade and nicely asked them to leave because I was in the middle of a trade and for some reason my wifi can only handle me having one person at a time over. They got mad and started running around and digging things up and I had to end the session.

I now wish I could remember who it was to warn people :/

I always get scared when I meet people with the town name Hyrule. This is because my first bad experience on AC was with someone from Hyrule. But then I realize it's probably someone from TBT.

I've accidentally popped in on someone before, I felt super bad afterward and left immediately. I've had strangers come in and try and steal my stuff so I definitely understand the paranoia.

Back