• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Tell me about stardew valley..

Lotusblossom

Prankster Crossing
Bells
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Kaleidoclover
Famous Mushroom
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Cake
Cake
Im geussing & hoping i can play it on switch lite?? A lil birdie told me theres farming but Im also wondering if we can grow flowers?! Or even trees?!?! Whats some cool stuff we can do?!?! I have noo idea!! Ive just heard about it a lil & it sounds good cuz my fav games are rpgs like harvest moon & ac 🍀 feel free to share any stories you may have or any insight into this interesting game!

Last edited:
I wasn't too captivated by it at first. Just walked around wondering what I'm supposed to do. However, getting it on the Switch and doing the multiplayer finally got me motivated and I got really hooked on the game. There's lots of stuff to do from growing crops, raising farm animals, reaching the bottom of the mine, restoring the community center, getting access to previous blocked areas, fishing, and so much more! I'm normally into 3D games but the pixel charm kicks in after playing awhile. I'd give it a go!

It was designed to look and feel like a retro game, but it's still a relatively new game. You can plant flowers, vegetables, fruit trees, and you can raise animals. Honestly there's so much freedom with what you can do. You can raise animals and not grow crops, you can just fish if that's what you want to do, or you can mine and fight monsters. It's up to you.

It might be on sale in the eshop right now, but it's inexpensive and I cannot recommend it enough. I used to play it on PC but I think I prefer playing it on my Switch Lite. I haven't even really told you everything that you can do in the game, but there's almost too many things going on to explain all of it in a single post. It's one of my favorite games of all time; I've been playing for a few years and I still haven't finished everything or gotten tired of it. I don't know if you'll love it as much as I do, but I'm sure you'll find something about it that'll wow you if you do end up buying it.

I haven't played much of it, but I kinda fell asleep while playing it. Not how I usually do with animal crossing, just that I was bored and ended up falling asleep. I don't really like it compared to Animal Crossing or Minecraft, etc.
That's just my experience though.

It was designed to look and feel like a retro game, but it's still a relatively new game. You can plant flowers, vegetables, fruit trees, and you can raise animals. Honestly there's so much freedom with what you can do. You can raise animals and not grow crops, you can just fish if that's what you want to do, or you can mine and fight monsters. It's up to you.

It might be on sale in the eshop right now, but it's inexpensive and I cannot recommend it enough. I used to play it on PC but I think I prefer playing it on my Switch Lite. I haven't even really told you everything that you can do in the game, but there's almost too many things going on to explain all of it in a single post. It's one of my favorite games of all time; I've been playing for a few years and I still haven't finished everything or gotten tired of it. I don't know if you'll love it as much as I do, but I'm sure you'll find something about it that'll wow you if you do end up buying it.

So there is fighting monsters?? But u dont have too?? Everything else sounds like a dream and im almost sold but i dont like violence

I personally love stardew valley!! Like the others say, there’s so much freedom in how you can play the game and how you build your farm/house area. It can be a bit overwhelming initially, but there’s really no rush and the seasons come around so you can take your time.

the “fighting” in this game is not that violent (you just blip with your sword a few times) so it should be ok if you’re not good with violence

I personally love the farming/growing aspect of the game the most so I have big fruit/veggie patches and lots of farm animals near my house. There’s also a friendship/relationship component that’s pretty cute (also allows same-sex relationships) and some small events in each season

I fell into a deep deep stardew valley hole that kept me very occupied before ACNH came out. The first year can feel really slow and overwhelming at first, but once you get things going it can get very addictive! My favourite thing about the game is designing my farm layouts and maximising my income each year. The fighting aspect is really straight forward - just a hack and slash through the caves for resources and items. Not sure if progressing through the game is even possible without visiting the caves but it's really not scary or complicated at all. The caves soundtrack is also really great. There's a fair amount of side quests and story to the game, plus I think the developer added a free update with some more features. I might actually make a new farm soon just to test those out since I completed my farms before the update.

I love Stardew Valley. It’s my go to game when I just wanna chill and not worry about making money. Currently trying to pay off my loan in New Horizons, but yeah when I need a break, Stardew Valley is awesome I especially like the multiplayer mode. I’ll join games on there, I’m hesitant to host because the people who have joined me in the past complained about lag.

I honestly didn’t know Switch could lag. Honestly I don’t even know who to marry. Stuck deciding between Sam or Sebastian.

I liked it! I learned I'm a horrible resource manager but when I got enough money to get a farm and some chickens and cows? perfect. Love love LOVE that I have two beautiful moo moos and two of the sweetest cluck clucks on my farm. My sister and her partner play super seriously and they were able to earn millions in their first year. I like that you can choose to go hard or take it slow :)

The one downside I saw with Stardew Valley is that if you got through the majority of the big stuff in the first year, like getting married, don't the seasonal community tasks without missing something, etc, then by the third year you don't have much to do aside from just enjoy your farm. But maybe that's not a bad thing.

I've JUST started playing (maybe four days ago?) and I'm already in autumn/fall (first year). At first I was really frustrated with it - I was making very little money (farming is hard work!), hated fishing (still kinda do) and was terrified of the mines (still am, but that comes from my irl phobia of caves/mine shafts). I watched YouTube videos about "what to do in your first year" and other tips, which kinda stressed me out. Now I'm taking it at my pace. I just built my first chicken coop and now I'm trying decide between wooing Penny, Abigail or Elliott....

I have been told I will absolutely fall in love with this game, but when I started playing it briefly, it didn't get its hooks into me. However, I think that's just because I didn't give the game a proper chance. Sometimes with games I have to be in the mood/ready to play it. But I'm excited reading all about the features of this game from you all - I didn't know about the caves/combat aspect.

I have been told I will absolutely fall in love with this game, but when I started playing it briefly, it didn't get its hooks into me. However, I think that's just because I didn't give the game a proper chance. Sometimes with games I have to be in the mood/ready to play it. But I'm excited reading all about the features of this game from you all - I didn't know about the caves/combat aspect.

I know the thread is a bit on the old side, but Stardew Valley only really 'hooks' you if you're a fan of the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons series, or just enjoy farm games. It does draw some inspiration from Animal Crossing, but it gets most of its roots from the above mentioned series.

The game definitely starts off slow, but once you progress a bit and start making friends with the townsfolk, the game really starts to hook you.

It can be easy to get a little stuck sometimes, so I recommend taking a look at the wiki here to look at mechanics, etc to help you along.

It's so good I bought it twice. ;) Imo it's the better Harvest Moon, with AC and Minecraft elements in RPG form.

Im geussing & hoping i can play it on switch lite?? A lil birdie told me theres farming but Im also wondering if we can grow flowers?! Or even trees?!?! Whats some cool stuff we can do?!?! I have noo idea!! Ive just heard about it a lil & it sounds good cuz my fav games are rpgs like harvest moon & ac 🍀 feel free to share any stories you may have or any insight into this interesting game!

One word: Great. Two words: Get it.

Stardew valley is a charming gem of a game, if you liked harvest moon or your current animal crossing then it's an awesome game to sink hours into. I currently have 300 hours on pc version. You inherit a farm from your grandfather and by doing tasks and quests you befriend the villagers and rebuild either the community centre or the jojo mart empire, you can mine, fish, farm, cater to animals, forage, explore and gift items to the villagers, go into the dungeon caves and fight monsters and find treasure. Marry, have children and eventually pass it on. Stardew is what harvest moon should have been.

If you also include mods for the pc version, you can explore other towns, more animals, items, recipes, machines, fishing overhauls, swimming etc.

Back