• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT’s Third Egg Decorating Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dragon scale egg, RIP my nail polish

Dragon Egg.jpg

small heads up, tho it's not something you can change up per contest rules, but I suppose you could possibly still touch it up for your own personal collection

you used と(to) and ふ(fu) for the logo text. what you wanna use is ど(do) and ぶ(bu). those tiny markings are actually very important!
aaaaah i had a feeling I did something wrong with the logo text! I was looking at a picture of the logo and for some reason I completely ignored the leafy offshoots! I'll fix it if Chris allows :)

The contest is closed for submissions and all entries have been reviewed. This means all egg currency has now been distributed.

Next, the staff team will vote on which entries will go to the public poll for community voting. We aim to complete this process within one week, but as per the OP this may take up to two weeks.

Good luck! 🐣

The contest is closed for submissions and all entries have been reviewed. This means all egg currency has now been distributed.

Next, the staff team will vote on which entries will go to the public poll for community voting. We aim to complete this process within one week, but as per the OP this may take up to two weeks.

Good luck! 🐣
Dumb question, but does this mean the egg shop will extend until the closing ceremony in ~2 weeks? :0

Dumb question, but does this mean the egg shop will extend until the closing ceremony in ~2 weeks? :0

There isn't any further egg currency to be awarded, and the Shop was actually due to close (approximately by) today until we factored in the participation prize for this event, so the above scenario is extremely unlikely. It's likely to close sooner than later, so please spend your eggs ASAP.

There isn't any further egg currency to be awarded, and the Shop was actually due to close (approximately by) today until we factored in the participation prize for this event, so the above scenario is extremely unlikely. It's likely to close sooner than later, so please spend your eggs ASAP.
Oh okay, thanks for letting me know! Glad I asked phew. I couldn't find an official announcement for the date when the shop would close (unless I missed it hehe sorry my eyes tend to skim long stuff) so I'll be using my egg currency now. :] please don't close it in the next 1 hour i still need to panic plan my lineups

Agreed! Please don’t close it until later today.

I’m trying to get my eggs at certain times

EDIT: DONE!

Last edited:
i’m at work right now but ran to the shop to purchase my eggs 😅 i didn’t realize i was cutting it so close, i was stuck deciding how i wanted to order them tbh! thanks for the heads up though @Chris 🥹🥚

Hi @Irescien, this doesn't fit the brief I'm afraid so we cannot accept it. The task was to paint the egg itself. Egg holders are accepted as optional extras only in addition to a decorated egg. You are welcome to resubmit if you can decorate an egg by 11:59PM EST tonight (Sun, 16 Apr).
Hi @Chris I was busy yesterday so I wasn't able to create another
But I want to clarify that I did not make an egg holder, I turned the actual egg itself into that creation, its all glued together and does not come apart. The bottom half of the egg I turned into the basket and the top half I tried to make the egg part, you can even see some of the blue of the craft egg through the gaps in the twine.
I am just a bit confused, I saw there were some other entries that were acceptable that involved glueing craft items to the egg itself instead of painting/drawing which is what I did.

Hi @Chris I was busy yesterday so I wasn't able to create another
But I want to clarify that I did not make an egg holder, I turned the actual egg itself into that creation, its all glued together and does not come apart. The bottom half of the egg I turned into the basket and the top half I tried to make the egg part, you can even see some of the blue of the craft egg through the gaps in the twine.
I am just a bit confused, I saw there were some other entries that were acceptable that involved glueing craft items to the egg itself instead of painting/drawing which is what I did.
I'm not sure if you already have, but just to err on the side of caution, I'd make a cts about this too

no guarantee that chris is still actively checking this thread anymore, and @s may end up being accidentally missed as well

Q. How will the winners be decided?
A. The staff will vote internally to nominate entries. The entries with the most staff votes will then go forward to a public poll within two weeks of the contest closing. The recipients for the first, second, and third place prizes will then be decided on by the community.
Hey folks. Just a wee update that we are looking at the far end of the estimated timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back