• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Mafia TBT Newbie Game VII: The Daily Tragedy - Town win

FYI - BPVs and Doctors do not get notifications on if they/their targets were attacked or not. This is different than most games.

@Amanda I was using shorthand rip. I meant 1 and 5

Yeah, I was pretty certain that was a fakeclaim, though I got some good info out of that.

Nightmares had a really pure reaction to that imo. I'm still thinking Menchie's the last one.

ohhhhhh. well that sucks

also, yeah i think i agree

- - - Post Merge - - -

If there's a jailor, and mafia did nk, couldn't it mean they hit the 1-shot bulletproof also?

well if maf didn't kill anyone, then BP couldn't be hit since this version of jailor doesn't have the power to kill their target (some do)

because there wasn't a kill, so jailor probably jailed mafia. I mean they COULD have nkd but that would be lame and knowing that maf nk'd actually would help cause you know which players to look at

and if there's cop they need to out an inspection because at this point there's like a list of 4 people who can be mafia

if jailor doesn't out they could die without outing their jail (who could be mafia) and if cop dies same thing but with their inspection

- - - Post Merge - - -

to see what you'd say and help me get a better read on u

(also u have been improving p well so don't keep saying ur bad)

Just to be sure, does "nk'd" here been "no killed" or some variation thereof? I thought "nk" stood for "night killed" so got confused again lol.

And one other thing sorry, how would knowing that Mafia nk'd actually help? I don't follow how we'd know which players to look at in that case?

Just to be sure, does "nk'd" here been "no killed" or some variation thereof? I thought "nk" stood for "night killed" so got confused again lol.

And one other thing sorry, how would knowing that Mafia nk'd actually help? I don't follow how we'd know which players to look at in that case?

ahh it can actually mean both - I played a lot of epic mafia though and there it exclusively means "no kill", so I meant nk as in no kill

also cause I think it's reasonable to assume players less familiar to mafia wouldn't think to NK, which would rule out menchie or nightmares imo

I think I figured out who jailer is, but Imma keep them hidden, especially if Im able to share the info they would have revealed. But I think definitely either Nightmares or Menchie was jailed. My guess is that they jailed Nightmares tho, and that mafia hit BPV.

Highly doubt there was cop/doc after that insanity.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yay! No one was killed!
Also, can a mafia member kill them selves if they wanted?
Actually, never got around to this question.

It's not called "killing yourself", but a mafian may resign if they feel its absolutely hopeless to win. Its up to the host's descresion, though, and its generally not advisable/not in the spirit of the game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, you know what, I feel like no matter the case, last night's results are damning towards Menchie. Why?

I am the 1-shot BPV. If its between Nightmares/Menchie being jailed like I'm pretty sure it is, then we must ask: who would hit the BPV? Basically, who would target me? Nightmares might have, but entropy was going hard at her by the end of the night. However, Menchie has a clear motive for going for me. I was the only one tunneling in on her. If we throw in Toads for fun, he wouldn't target me: he'd target entropy or someone else who suspected him.

Basically, Menchie would be the main one with a motive to shoot me and pop my vest. The other two had bigger fish to fry.

Plus its also a pretty high possibility she was jailed last night soo. But yeah, I think jailer jailed Nightmares and Menchie hit me.

I think I figured out who jailer is, but Imma keep them hidden, especially if Im able to share the info they would have revealed. But I think definitely either Nightmares or Menchie was jailed. My guess is that they jailed Nightmares tho, and that mafia hit BPV.

Highly doubt there was cop/doc after that insanity.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, never got around to this question.

It's not called "killing yourself", but a mafian may resign if they feel its absolutely hopeless to win. Its up to the host's descresion, though, and its generally not advisable/not in the spirit of the game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, you know what, I feel like no matter the case, last night's results are damning towards Menchie. Why?

I am the 1-shot BPV. If its between Nightmares/Menchie being jailed like I'm pretty sure it is, then we must ask: who would hit the BPV? Basically, who would target me? Nightmares might have, but entropy was going hard at her by the end of the night. However, Menchie has a clear motive for going for me. I was the only one tunneling in on her. If we throw in Toads for fun, he wouldn't target me: he'd target entropy or someone else who suspected him.

Basically, Menchie would be the main one with a motive to shoot me and pop my vest. The other two had bigger fish to fry.

Plus its also a pretty high possibility she was jailed last night soo. But yeah, I think jailer jailed Nightmares and Menchie hit me.

*Shock and Awe* Jailor? Jailor? anyone got a jailor?

shaddup spelling is effort when you're on a phone with autocrrect :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gg cant even get autocorrect right

oh, I wasn't picking on you for misspelling... I was just making a funny emphatic post.

And a hush fell over the crowd

Well, while Menchie's AFK, my vote's staying on her. But I'm curious what the rest of you guys think. Should we lynch Nightmares, since it was likely she was jailed and avoidance of stating opinion? Should we lynch Toads for his actions on D1 and ATE? Should we lynch Menchie for circumstantial evidence and avoidance of giving an opinion? Or should we lynch Iwase for his awkward reasoning in his RQS and inactivity? Or someone else?

And a hush fell over the crowd

Well, while Menchie's AFK, my vote's staying on her. But I'm curious what the rest of you guys think. Should we lynch Nightmares, since it was likely she was jailed and avoidance of stating opinion? Should we lynch Toads for his actions on D1 and ATE? Should we lynch Menchie for circumstantial evidence and avoidance of giving an opinion? Or should we lynch Iwase for his awkward reasoning in his RQS and inactivity? Or someone else?

Nightmares - I'm going to give her more time before deciding which way I'll go. If the discussion after the lynch happened with a slightly different emphasis then it seems like there wouldn't be this much suspicion on her - Sparro quoted her post to answer Kat's question (when did Nightmares read Sparro as "null"?) and that's when the tide turned for Nightmares. I'm really hoping she comes through with some opinions and clear thoughts of her own, I've liked the hints of those that I've seen - I think she just needs to work on her confidence in order to be able to contribute more.

Toads - my answer hasn't changed, despite the fact I was rapidly losing patience with him continuing to make a big deal of any hint of suspicion on him - instead of focusing on helping Town and winning the game. I think he's Town, and just struggling to keep his emotions in check - understandable, especially after last game, though not ~fun to play with.

Menchie - hmm. My read of them changed the most drastically of anyone - I initially thought her posts were Pro Town and she and Sparro were the two people I commented on initially in post # 98. By post # 155 I had changed my opinion completely and listed her with El as my two "scum" candidates along with Fleshy who was half Town and half "scum"... since then I haven't changed my mind, I've actually gotten more suspicious based on her posts (I can't go back and find the #s right now but will do so later). Barring dramatic new developments, I'm voting for Menchie to be lynched as I think she's the remaining Mafia.

Iwase (El) - I would like to see more content from her, definitely, but I don't think she is Mafia.

---

I'm really curious what everyone else thinks of these people and I hope everyone answers these questions. It would be really helpful info for Town to have, particularly at this stage.

Also : PLEASE DON'T VOTE AND CAUSE DAY TO END SOONER THAN NEEDED! That happened last game and whilst it was a very complicated, stressful situation - losing more than 24 hours (I think it was even more like 36 hours but might be wrong) was a devastating blow for Town. They may have already been set to lose the game before then, technically, but we didn't know that at the time, and the loss of so much discussion time was the final blow for Town. Let's try not to make that mistake (nothing against Toads at all, he was in an impossible spot - one that no one here is in) again, please!

amanda said:
Also : PLEASE DON'T VOTE AND CAUSE DAY TO END SOONER THAN NEEDED! That happened last game and whilst it was a very complicated, stressful situation - losing more than 24 hours (I think it was even more like 36 hours but might be wrong) was a devastating blow for Town. They may have already been set to lose the game before then, technically, but we didn't know that at the time, and the loss of so much discussion time was the final blow for Town. Let's try not to make that mistake (nothing against Toads at all, he was in an impossible spot - one that no one here is in) again, please!
This, this, this. There are some rare exceptions where conversation is detrimental for town (by either causing lack of interest from it dragging on too long or something like that) but that is when there is absolutely nothing to discuss, and those moments are rare. We shouldn't reach majority: we need people to vote to avoid prods, and there's definitely something to talk about between these 4.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP:

This, this, this. There are some rare exceptions where conversation is detrimental for town (by either causing lack of interest from it dragging on too long or something like that) but that is when there is absolutely nothing to discuss, and those moments are rare. We shouldn't reach majority: we need people to vote to avoid prods, and there's definitely something to talk about between these 4.

rip me

I am the Town Jailor. Last night, I jailed Menchies based on gut instinct.

I'm sorry for not being active!! My wifi at my house isn't working and I'm at my cousins atm. Rn I'm gonna place my vote on Menchies since I have homework and have got soccer practice later.

Welp, I was wrong on who Jailor was lol. I thought it was amanda.

That solidifies a lot of my opinion on Menchie. DO NOT REACH MAJORITY THOUGH!

And ofc, if there is CC, please claim now.

Ah haha no, I'm not Jailer though can see why You'd have thought I was Kat. I was thinking (hoping) it was Sparro, based on how he started the game. I didn't want a new/newer player to have to ask questions about role-claiming in this phase, as that might have left them vulnerable. So my questions were meant to provide info for them, specifically, as well as for everyone generally.

:)

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: see why you'd* have thought..

---

I won't be voting until much closer to EoD, unless we reach a point where we decide we're done (I'd much rather keep discussion open as long as possible though, this seems like it will be a rare opportunity to ask questions and gain insight from experienced players *without risking derailing the thread and/or losing the game*).

I'm back (right b4 eod rip)
Why are people sus of me? I tried reading through thread but didn't see any posts. Any post #?

So entropy isn't cop and is just sus of nightmares? I'm rly confused

- - - Post Merge - - -

So I was jailed and since no one was killed, everyone thinks im mafia.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I get it now

i mean it kinda has to be menchie???? idk why but i just don't think it is

Back