• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

All I see is you telling me I'm scum because I changed my votes a lot and because I've acted like this in other games when I was scum. The problem is I have been plenty aggressive and ticked off at people in games when I was Town, you claim you checked the most recent games but you must not have done a thorough inspection because you don't really know what you're talking about. You need to take information into context if you're going to make a case on me Natty. You can't just look at a couple of games when I was scum and say "well it's sorta the same", and accuse me of being Mafia. But regardless of any of this, I'm not scum, I'm Benjamin the Quarter Master.

Yes. I am saying you're scum because of the way you're acting. Sure you may have been annoyed with some players as town, but I never seen you get flustered when accused like you do as mafia, and you certainly never flop around like a magicarp with your voting. Also, I'm not saying "well it's sorta the same" I'm saying it's exactly the same.

I don't know what I'm talking about? Mmk. Since you said that I took it upon myself to look through all games you've participated in, comparing all of them to the way you act as scum. My opinion did not change, because nearly every time you were town you did not throw fits and you didn't bandwagon without giving a reason. To prove my point, I could gather all Ashtots posts and quote, but I am not going to take the time to sift through 100's of posts (nor do I have the time), so I implore everyone to read through Ashtot's posts. Make the comparisons yourselves, see what conclusions you have.

Im waiting for my sis to pick me up 'cause I'm going to the Blueberry fest today, so I won't be able to vote or reply to anything soon. I'll be putting my vote for Ashtot in.

Yes. I am saying you're scum because of the way you're acting. Sure you may have been annoyed with some players as town, but I never seen you get flustered when accused like you do as mafia, and you certainly never flop around like a magicarp with your voting. Also, I'm not saying "well it's sorta the same" I'm saying it's exactly the same.

I don't know what I'm talking about? Mmk. Since you said that I took it upon myself to look through all games you've participated in, comparing all of them to the way you act as scum. My opinion did not change, because nearly every time you were town you did not throw fits and you didn't bandwagon without giving a reason. To prove my point, I could gather all Ashtots posts and quote, but I am not going to take the time to sift through 100's of posts (nor do I have the time), so I implore everyone to read through Ashtot's posts. Make the comparisons yourselves, see what conclusions you have.

Im waiting for my sis to pick me up 'cause I'm going to the Blueberry fest today, so I won't be able to vote or reply to anything soon. I'll be putting my vote for Ashtot in.

It's hilarious that you think looking at a couple games really proves anything. I'm not scum. I'm reacted much worse that that to people and have said some really offensive things and not just in games when I'm scum. The fact that you're not willing to really look into my behaviour and take it into context of all my games is making me a bit suspicious. You seem like you're just grasping at nothing and trying everything in your power to get me lynched, when in reality there is no real reason for me to be lynched.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes, I am acting differently, but my behaviour in all my no PM games has been quite similar. I suck at no PM games and it shows in how I post etc. because I can't shoot ideas off of people to come to conclusions and talk about cases etc.

I'm also extremely skeptical of Minties. I wouldn't think she would vote based on a silly case, and just like that, without much consideration. You've been giving everyone Town vibes but like I said, we should watch you, although nobody seems to agree. I find it odd that now you're voting for me.

I'd like to hear alise's thought on who she thinks should be lynched, since she had many suspicions.

You know, I feel that Dad has been really on-point this entire game. His reasoning is solid for the most part, his cases and list have been fairly thoughtful, and he has brought new things to the table several times. Furthermore, my own suspicions align with his fairly well. But the way he worded this recent post bothers me a lot. He's constantly separating himself from town rather than say that he's part of it. Maybe I am nit-picking a little bit but would you really express yourself in the way he did if you're really town?

And what was the point of this Townie claim?

If Dad's truly just a townie, why would you say such a thing? You'd be making it easier for Mafia to snipe our blues. It just seems foolish and really out of character for him. These are subtle things but they make me worry.

Yeah, I'm really not following dad anymore. It looks like he's going to follow his "leads" until he self-destructs, or hurts town in the process. I can't really reason with him or explain myself without him being entirely critical of everything I say or do. I'm not going to vote for him or pursue him out of spite, but he's taken the "take every with a grain of salt" to "pour salt over everything". It's become really bothersome because I'm well aware he's wasting his time, but there's nothing I can do to stop him from doing it. C'est la vie. At any rate, I'm find Karla's case on dolby pretty interesting, and since I honestly have no time left today I'm going to leave a vote and think about it more during night 3.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I find, rather.

Yeah this is a no PM game so tbh I can't vote for Ashtot or Dolby because their playstyles may have changed or whatever. I'll give it a day or so when more posts accumulate and hopefully it'll be easier to see what's going on. I think I'm going to vote for Cariad simply because in all your responses you keep saying you'll try to contribute and you know you're playing bad right now, well then you should actually try to play better but I don't see that happening. I wouldn't be surprised if you were scum trying to slip through by trying to stay neutral through the game.

I'm going to vote for dad because of the reasons said earlier. Mainly the fact that he was setting himself aside from town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

crystal, any reason for voting me?

I could read through all of these posts and take 2-3 hours to make a post on all of this and what I see from it all, but I think I'm going to get down to the basics of what I'd like to know and then, from that, make my lengthy posts.

Cariad, you are a townie, correct?

Alice, could you please elaborate on your post on Dad? I have to be honest, it looks like you're spewing a bunch of Crap Logic in with that post. You have no context nor examples of anything you find wrong, while you're calling him out on false leads? Don't be daft.

Lastly, I want to mention that, from the way this day is going, I can assure you we are getting closer to finding scum. When opinions are conflicting you can tell that the mafia are posting to try to influence the opinions of town.
PS: We have three and a half hours left, you noobs. Hurry up and decide what you're doing.

I could read through all of these posts and take 2-3 hours to make a post on all of this and what I see from it all, but I think I'm going to get down to the basics of what I'd like to know and then, from that, make my lengthy posts.

Cariad, you are a townie, correct?

Alice, could you please elaborate on your post on Dad? I have to be honest, it looks like you're spewing a bunch of Crap Logic in with that post. You have no context nor examples of anything you find wrong, while you're calling him out on false leads? Don't be daft.

Lastly, I want to mention that, from the way this day is going, I can assure you we are getting closer to finding scum. When opinions are conflicting you can tell that the mafia are posting to try to influence the opinions of town.
PS: We have three and a half hours left, you noobs. Hurry up and decide what you're doing.

Yes, I'm townie.

I'd like to hear alise's thought on who she thinks should be lynched, since she had many suspicions.

Don't put words into my mouth, I never said I had 'many' suspicions, Crystal.
I'm currently trying to re-write a post I was working on. ;-;

Also Lauren, no need to be so defensive, I didn't see your post, but do you have any thoughts? Anything new to the table?

Don't put words into my mouth, I never said I had 'many' suspicions, Crystal.
I'm currently trying to re-write a post I was working on. ;-;

Also Lauren, no need to be so defensive, I didn't see your post, but do you have any thoughts? Anything new to the table?
well, you had more then 2. (Sorry, I think anything more then 2 is many ;-;)

Ok, I may as well say it now. I'm not a townie, but i am town. I am blue. I thought saying townie would save me from mafia shots.

I claimed townie in two of my past games from what I can remember (Xcom and Sunleth), and I didn't do this until day two in this game. Either way, Sataric can argue that too much claiming is creating a little sniping list for mafia, but at the same time I was doing something other people have done before (I count myself out because I know what I am). It was purely a part of reducing the number of people who could be mafia. Cariad, is this the reason you're voting for me? Or is it because I 'set myself aside from town' by reaction testing them back then with the oath post? Either way, your reasons for suspecting me and voting me have this game have been pretty shallow.

Also dad I asked for an explanation to why I was disinterested when I had been posting but I was asleep when you said this.

Wait when? Anyways, when I said you seemed disinterested I said you seemed that way because when you have a blue role you tend to be vocal about not outing to people (even though this is usually in PM games) and you've also not been contributing much this game when I see you as a person who would. I might be wrong about that, but then again, I think it's partially true. Yes, you said you were going to be gone for certain periods of time but that doesn't apply to this entire game.

Also, there has been a lot of agreeable criticism of Ashtot this game and he has given his full role name, but how do we not know that scum wasn't given any safeclaims in their quicktopic?

Anyways, at this point I think that scum might be the ones who are slipping under the radar and remaining quiet as they can be this game. Apparently me making lists of people is scummy so I need to choose someone to make a case on and go with it. Even though I don't have much time left and I feel like crap this afternoon (morning for me - I slept in).

Yeah, I'm really not following dad anymore. It looks like he's going to follow his "leads" until he self-destructs, or hurts town in the process. I can't really reason with him or explain myself without him being entirely critical of everything I say or do. I'm not going to vote for him or pursue him out of spite, but he's taken the "take every with a grain of salt" to "pour salt over everything". It's become really bothersome because I'm well aware he's wasting his time, but there's nothing I can do to stop him from doing it. C'est la vie. At any rate, I'm find Karla's case on dolby pretty interesting, and since I honestly have no time left today I'm going to leave a vote and think about it more during night 3.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I find, rather.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'self destructs' here. Getting myself lynched for going after the wrong people? I'm going to be entirely critical of most of what you say and do until you start contributing as much as some other people have this game. All you've been doing this game is what you've been called out for (pointing out fact-like things about the game), and responding to what you've been called out for. I can understand that if you are town and I won't let go of you, you'll just get tired of it and start disregarding me because in your eyes I'm obviously being harmful to town, but from my own point of view I think I have legitimate reasons for keeping my suspicions on you fore the aforementioned reasons (sentence four of this paragraph). As for what Trundle just said about you, eh...you're actually right about calling me out for false leads. Oath was a false lead and potentially some people in my soft red list I made last night could be too.

Ok, I may as well say it now. I'm not a townie, but i am town. I am blue. I thought saying townie would save me from mafia shots.
You already claimed "blue" might as well say your role name.

What if I'm panicking cos I don't want to be lynched?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nicholas the Midnight Candlemaker
hmm. All the blue names in the first one, if Tina's following it was Gunner or Surgeoon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well the remaining ones that hasn't been said.

Back