• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia TBT Mafia VIII: Dark Lord Ascending [Game Over/Town Win]

I was just responding to what the other person was saying, that townies would be targeted first.
Unless mafia roleclaims as blue..which would be even worse.

We'll probably have a few mafia claim blue, no doubt Truffle will bring up names who haven't shared to point fingers as shady individuals. If you're inno you've got no reason not to claim to Truffle, if you're maf then you're going to hesitate to fabricate a story.

I know, I will this game =P

- - - -

I really like Truffle's plan. I am a bit skeptical about roleclaiming so early, but it seems it will prove to find many contradictions:

A) A scum probably will claim Town, and everyone will end up claiming Town
B) A scum may not even claim anything, so they're hiding something.

Both could end up finding a liar or scum so I'm all up for trusting Truffle.

IF scum don't claim our job will just be easier, they don't really have a choice because if scum don't claim we'll know who the scum are. EVERYONE should claim to Truffle, if we want the game to go smoothly and work out for Town (and not lie about their role).

And Kit, a group of people will be looked into but nobody will necessarily be targeted unless there is evidence.

Not all scum will claim town, they are probably smarter then that. Scum could easily kill someone with one KP, and then save them. One of them could then claim doctor. We need to be cautious to doctor claims.

Not all scum will claim town, they are probably smarter then that. Scum could easily kill someone with one KP, and then save them. One of them could then claim doctor. We need to be cautious to doctor claims.

Let's say for instance all the town claim to Truffle, and the scum don't. We would know who the scum are. They have no choice but to claim as some sort of town aligned role. :lemon:

Truffle will probably orchestrate most "blue" actions, it'll be easier that way to detect who's lying.

Alrighty, checking in!

So, obviously, Truffle should be trusted completely, you have no reason not to. The Open setup is more in our favor ; if more people claim than the amount of people that should have that role, then there's bound to be Mafia.

I'll go ahead and claim to him right now, I advise everyone else should too.

Let's say for instance all the town claim to Truffle, and the scum don't. We would know who the scum are. They have no choice but to claim as some sort of town aligned role. :lemon:

Just a hunch, but I doubt that they will do that after you said it. cx

Truffle will probably orchestrate most "blue" actions, it'll be easier that way to detect who's lying.

Ah, that makes sense. Acting as a conductor, perhaps?

Truffle only gets two freebies as far as night lives go though, so it's extremely important as many Death Eaters as possible are taken out early on. The whole plan is moot if we mess everything up lol...

That does make sense if scum post blue, but what if (long shot) they all post townie?

Then the people that claimed Townie need to be looked at. Like I said, if more than 8 people claim Townie, at least one is Mafia.

Truffle only gets two freebies as far as night lives go though, so it's extremely important as many Death Eaters as possible are taken out early on. The whole plan is moot if we mess everything up lol...
Yes, and that would make the whole game harder to do.

That does make sense if scum post blue, but what if (long shot) they all post townie?

They most likely will claim townie, or maybe a mix of both townie and blue? Or not at all.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Then the people that claimed Townie need to be looked at. Like I said, if more than 8 people claim Townie, at least one is Mafia.

Questioned or inspected?

And 1 will be the drunk and the other will be the self-aware miller.

It wouldn't make much sense for all Mafia to claim town, as then it would be obvious that some townies are Mafia and we would target them first.

That's the downside yes. So Truffle should devise a plan/list and disperse it to people they think trustworthy.

Back