• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mafia TBT Mafia VIII: Dark Lord Ascending [Game Over/Town Win]

I never said to lynch Harry Potter Truffle. I said it would be good for Harry Potter to be someone who usually gets lynched early so we don't waste a lynch on them.

But it's still kind of hard to lynch a confirmed Town...? We know who Harry Potter is so why lynch them early?

You guys are pretty much ruining any chance of trapping Mafia though, by the way you are all exposing all these plans & what you think they will do. We could have probably trapped at least 1 Mafia player with the self-aware miller role, but now there's too much attention on that + the drunk Townie role.

How about we just discuss a Day One lynch & Truffles tells us if we're going on the right track or not? That way he won't have to release any names with roles, on who he wants us to lynch, which would help Mafia blue snipe in the end as Justin mentioned.

Has Syd played any Mafia games before that I can look at? Do any of you know?

But it's still kind of hard to lynch a confirmed Town...? We know who Harry Potter is so why lynch them early?

YOU ARE ALL NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT I'M SAYING. I am saying that someone who IN OTHER GAMES gets lynched early on won't get lynched here because they are confirmed town.

Something dangerous to consider with the role claim strategy:

Be careful with handing out the suspicious names easily when you do find a counter claim conflict. For example, if a Mafia claimed one of the blue roles, and then you named someone else that you thought was suspicious based on the conflict, the mafia would now know who is probably a blue!

The only problem to mafia with this is that I could expose them for claiming as a blue role that is now dead. (Since they would be exposed as a liar)

You guys are pretty much ruining any chance of trapping Mafia though, by the way you are all exposing all these plans & what you think they will do. We could have probably trapped at least 1 Mafia player with the self-aware miller role, but now there's too much attention on that + the drunk Townie role.

How about we just discuss a Day One lynch & Truffles tells us if we're going on the right track or not? That way he won't have to release any names with roles, on who he wants us to lynch, which would help Mafia blue snipe in the end as Justin mentioned.

Agree with that, we should focus on day 1 lynch. Who are the other new people. We have Syd and me so far.

Something dangerous to consider with the role claim strategy:

Be careful with handing out the suspicious names easily when you do find a counter claim conflict. For example, if a Mafia claimed one of the blue roles, and then you named someone else that you thought was suspicious based on the conflict, the mafia would now know who is probably a blue!

Slip in a few greens, give the list a buff. But yeah watch how you approach this Truffle.

Well you sure are nice SP
Does that mean anything special to you?

It's cluttering the thread when you post things like that. We all know everything you posted, and there is absolutely no point in telling the entire thread when you tell Truffle your role. PMs have timestamps on them, so if the time you sent it does ever become and issue, Truffle will have that information.
Either contribute, or just read and observe.

I think it's good that Truffle is HP, he's good at thinking for himself and coming up with conclusions so I'm not too worried.
Looks like there's no WoTC's, so I'm just going to go ahead and bring up a few lynch candidates/suspicions for today.

1) FireNinja
He has been playing better as shown in AC mafia, but the fact that he keeps so quiet all the time & barely posting on the thread can hurt Town. It's also apparent that he can be easily manipulated, such as in Cell Mafia he voted for Justin based on SP's post.
2) iLoveYou
She's been town in so many games and I have a feeling she might be mafia in this one. Yes stupid reason but unless she's somehow 100% proven I am going to keep an eye on her.
3) Cory
He has also improved but he now also knows what makes him "scummy" and will take steps to avoid that. Ref: cell mafia.
4) Kit
She has been scum in every game, so depending on her play style this game (if it's similar eg) I am keeping an eye on her, I don't know how she plays as town.

Players that we know nothing about: Murray, Syd, ZR388, DarkNightMoon. By all means keep an eye on them and note any suspicious actions.

Obviously this list is assuming if no evidence comes up to clear a player / bring a player into suspicion.

A note to Truffle: Take all the PMs you receive with a grain of rice. Don't trust anyone. This is the perfect opportunity for mafia to manipulate you to place trust in the wrong people. Instead, please look at the thread and come up with your own ideas.

Post # 136
Regarding day 1 lynch

Any concerns or comments about role claiming should be PMed to Truffle. Any more ideas we expose out here serves as another barrier of defense and precautions for Mafia.

I'm new ;)

It's cluttering the thread when you post things like that. We all know everything you posted, and there is absolutely no point in telling the entire thread when you tell Truffle your role. PMs have timestamps on them, so if the time you sent it does ever become and issue, Truffle will have that information.
Either contribute, or just read and observe.
Oh my literal god are you already doing this.
WAS I THE ONLY PERSON WHO DID THAT? NO.
WAS I THE ONLY PERSON POINTING THINGS OUT? NO.
Would you just let me play the game?

You are now digging yourself into a deeper hole.

Sort of. The thing is you're being so overly defensive here -- even when I called you out as a suspicion earlier. Interesting - you're playing very similar to AC mafia.

Agree with that, we should focus on day 1 lynch. Who are the other new people. We have Syd and me so far.

Well I don't feel good about lynching new players on Day One, because none of your playstyles are known yet. I was just asking so I could see whether he/she was a typical inactive or not. =P

Personally I'm looking at the names that won't be targeted by Mafia ever, for a Day One lynch. I don't like having them at the end of the game and us having to rely on them putting 2 + 2 together.

Until Truffles figures out a way to guide us, that is.

So do you not agree that Harry should be a strong role? Or that I can be 100% trusted? Maybe you're not quite sure how important the role of HP is (especially since you're new) but I'm trying to understand where your head is at.

Why the **** would we lynch Harry Potter? I don't understand the logic of lynching a confirmed town member.

Yeah, I agree it's a good point. I won't be sharing with anybody the list Day 1 or Night 1 for sure. Once they can prove their role to me (most likely through actions) I will begin working with them a bit more. I'll be looking for definite proof of being town aligned. Sadly I won't be able to trust people as much as I did in Mafia VII.

------

Thank you to everyone who has roleclaimed to me thus far! I appreciate it! I understand people have IRL things as well, but please send in your role names ASAP! Thanks! =)
How long are you giving for everyone to roleclaim?
We have 2 days so that should be plenty of time for people to roleclaim..

Well, I want oath2order to be lynched cause...personal reasons. :3
But I don't think we really should.

Yea, I want Tom lynched because he bullies me, but sometimes you can't always get what you want.

Chill, I never accused you of mafia. I find it odd how defensive you are getting just at me trying to help you. O_O

Back