• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia VIII: Dark Lord Ascending [Game Over/Town Win]

That is a fairly good point. I did look into the voting at the time.

BlueLeaf Votes
Superpenguin 1:13PM 4/10 (unvoted at 2:58PM 4/11)
Trundle 3:12PM 4/10
Tina 3:29PM 4/10 (unvoted at 4:09AM 4/11)
Kit 4:07PM 4/10
ZR388 7:28PM 4/10
Cory 7:35PM 4/10 (unvoted at 2:53PM 4/11)
Waffles 10:38PM 4/10
Jeremy 11:18PM 4/10 (unvoted at 3:30PM 4/11)

Jeremy Votes
Oath 12:33AM 4/11 (unvoted at 2:54PM 4/11)
Justin 12:38AM 4/11 (unvoted at 4:08PM 4/11)
Tom 12:39AM 4/11
Karen 12:47AM 4/11 (unvoted at 2:04PM 4/11)
Murray 1:10AM 4/11
ACNL noodle 1:55AM 4/11 (unvoted at 3:34PM 4/11)
DarkNightMoon 7:56AM 4/11
BBG 8:53AM 4/11
Syd 9:59AM 4/11
Netflix 10:08AM 4/11
BlueLeaf 10:18AM 4/11
Minties 1:11PM 4/11 (unvoted at 2:59PM 4/11)

Cory Votes
Karen 2:04PM 4/11
Cory 2:53PM 4/11
Ashtot 2:53PM 4/11
Tina 2:54PM 4/11
Oath 2:54PM 4/11
Superpenguin 2:58PM 4/11
Prof Gallows 3:08PM 4/11
Kuma 3:11PM 4/11
Jeremy 3:30PM 4/11
ACNL noodle 3:34PM 4/11
Justin 4:08PM 4/11
Dolby 5:27PM 4/11

Perhaps you can see something in there, SP? I'm not seeing anything, but I've never been good with vote analysis.

Perhaps you can see something in there, SP? I'm not seeing anything, but I've never been good with vote analysis.

We already know three of the people who voted on BlueLeaf are town-aligned also( tina, Cory, and Jer). That leaves only five names, four if you cancel out the first vote since that's not really a bandwagon vote. I don't think all four mafia players would jump on the se bandwagon so early and all at once, thus I don't think the mafia were inclined to vote BlueLeaf yesterday.

With Jer, there were two separate bandwagons: one for the people who were problem involved in an IRC discussion about the game and one for the other players coming out to see who has the new majority. It gives the perfect place for mafia to hide and a place for any type of mafia to hide as the separate bandwagons basically took place at opposite points of the day.

With Cory, I don't know what much value it is. You sent a PM to all players telling them to vote Cory, so that really gave all mafia players a place to hide. I would assume the mafia players are thus hiding somewhere in the votes on Cory, maybe in the ones on Jer if they didn't get on to change their vote.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Probably involved*

True, the Cory lynch I did **** up.

Thing is, I find it odd that a good chunk of players still didn't vote.

I’m not gonna bother bolding or coloring names. Too early in the morning.

As far as people on the list that I have no feel for goes, pally, Flop, Netflix, and Kuma have been surprisingly quiet.

I’m going to go ahead and say I’ve talked to Gallows and have no reason to suspect him. I’d like to say without a doubt he’s NOT SCUM.

Oath and Tom have both come to me personally or vice versa. In Tom’s case, he was trying to find out some information by claiming there was a counter to my role, and ended up instead saying “Nah it’s a counter for cop.” Which is silly, I never claimed cop and have no idea who they are.

Quote from IRC: Edited my role out because I’m not ready to spread it yet.
[20:38:31] <SR388> So who claimed __________?
[20:40:10] <Tom29193> No one beside you
[20:40:17] <SR388> o
[20:40:25] <SR388> I thought you said there was a counter claim
[20:40:26] <SR388> lol
[20:40:41] <Tom29193> There was a counter claim for cop
[20:40:46] <SR388> ahhhh
[20:40:54] <Tom29193> But it was a pitiful attempt at information fishing using you

Seems kinda fishy to me, but he claimed someone else told him my role and then wouldn’t tell me who, which in all honesty would hinder town more than help, but I did role claim to a few people. Just something to put out there.

Oath on the other hand, has role claimed to me. He’s done nothing scummy to deny it, and he’s been working to try and help town more than hurt it. I haven’t seen him point fingers without a good reason, so he’s safe in my book.

Early on in the game I went to Justin and asked him some info. (Admittedly I was a little off my rocker at the time.) He refused to role claim to me, and it kind of makes sense that he would if he were a cop. He never claimed anything at all. He’s been pretty active and I don’t feel like he’s scummy myself.

I’ve never spoken to Murray, so I have no ideas on him.

Ashtot attempted to speak with me a couple times, but I’ve been gone because ‘wemmin issues’ this week so I have no idea what he wanted.

Sorry I can’t add more to this. It’s about all I got for right now. If you have any questions, you’ll have a better chance hitting me up in the IRC.

[21:12:09] <Tom29193> Jamie Jubs was a vig
[21:12:26] <marii> jamie?
[21:12:37] <@SR388> Yeah?
[21:12:44] <marii> oh i was asking who that was xD
[21:12:50] <@SR388> Oh **** I said cop didn't I
[21:12:53] <@SR388> My bad
[21:12:55] <Tom29193> yeah
[21:12:57] <@SR388> I thought they were the same

Amendment

Oath and Tom have both come to me personally or vice versa. In Tom’s case, he was trying to find out some information by claiming there was a counter to my role, and ended up instead saying “Nah it’s a counter for cop.” Which is silly, I never claimed cop and have no idea who they are.

Quote from IRC: Edited my role out because I’m not ready to spread it yet.
[20:38:31] <SR388> So who claimed __________?
[20:40:10] <Tom29193> No one beside you
[20:40:17] <SR388> o
[20:40:25] <SR388> I thought you said there was a counter claim
[20:40:26] <SR388> lol
[20:40:41] <Tom29193> There was a counter claim for cop
[20:40:46] <SR388> ahhhh
[20:40:54] <Tom29193> But it was a pitiful attempt at information fishing using you

Seems kinda fishy to me, but he claimed someone else told him my role and then wouldn’t tell me who, which in all honesty would hinder town more than help, but I did role claim to a few people. Just something to put out there.

Sorry if it came off that way, I did approach you earlier in the day (well yesterday for me now) as Jubs told me he had a CC for Cop. When he told me who it was, we were able to dismiss it though it was kind of scummy of that player to pose as the cop.

Sorry if it came off that way, I did approach you earlier in the day (well yesterday for me now) as Jubs told me he had a CC for Cop. When he told me who it was, we were able to dismiss it though it was kind of scummy of that player to pose as the cop.

Ahh, makes sense. Sorry again for taking so long to get back to you. I was on my desktop which doesn't have a keyboard.

And grass is green, news at eleven. Might as well put this out here in case a rumor holds true, shooting me has disastrous consequences for town. I really recommend different targets, specifically one of the names that had been brought up for lynch but went no where or was derailed.

1. DarkNightMoon
2. Me (Though honestly I thought I refuted the case well and I'm not He Who Must Not Be Named)
3. Blue Leaf
4. Kit (Let's been honest we've all been eying them)
5. Jeremy

Not including Mafia Ally Cory, these were people who had been brought up to lynch or had the rope dangling over them at one point because of suspicion. With that in mind, I really urge you all to keep on eye on at least one person. Tina. Dangerous to mafia as town, dangerous to town as mafia. I'm really curious about why Ashtot, Gandalf, and Lynn105 were all targeted instead of stronger players. There's the possibility that the docs had loose lips sure and Ashtot stumbled upon something he shouldn't have. But why not target people like Oath2order, Superpenguin, Trundle, Tina, Justin or me night 1 if mafia didn't actually know the docs?

More importantly, where on earth are our Vets? You guys need to step up to the plate tonight, seriously, as you're our line of defense to protect Vigilantes, Trackers/Watchers, and Alignment Cop. After that, it falls to us Brave Wizards to step up to buy the blues more time if absolutely necessary. Put yourselves out there, let word leak you're one of the roles you're trying to protect. Hiding in the shadows helps no one but Mafia.

Alright
so
Justin apparently shot at Jeremy, Tina was targeted and protected, but have any of you found out whether the shot at DNM & Karen was from a vig or scum? egad

Tina only really posts when she needs to.

I'm posting every single IRL day. Usually multiple times. And, with the single exception of yesterday (where I was waiting on information to be confirmed), I contribute at least one detailed post with evidence. My time zone and current sleep pattern mean I'm not online during peak activity times. I usually go to bed around 9:30-11pm GMT, which is 4:30-6pm EST. It seems like everyone else has usually gone to bed by the time I wake-up except for the Aussies, ITYW, and ACNL Noodle.

Now that information has been confirmed, I can move to my main point:

If only Justin used his shot last night, then it means mafia put all their MP into hits and they all went through. Ignoring ACNL Noodle (who died in place of me), that is two blue roles. Karen's death is unsurprising, but DarkNightMoon's is unusual given that she was a lynch candidate. This means it could be very likely that has been an information leak. Either that, or someone in the mafia noticed the change in the thread when Karen and I moved from suspecting DNM to defending her. However, I think that last scenario would require someone observant like Dolby to pick up.

Before Day 3 dawned, I believe only four of us knew DarkNightMoon's role: myself, oath2order, Karen, and Ashtot. However, I want to trust both oath2order and Ashtot:

Ashtot,
If Ashtot hadn't arranged protection for me in literally the last 10-15 minutes before the action deadline, I'd be dead: I don't see why scum would arrange protection for someone they were killing - especially when ACNL Noodle had actually planned to protect Karen up until that point. Dobby would be out of the picture, as well as one of us, either way. Note the only people who knew I was being protected last night were myself, Ashtot, Karen, and ACNL Noodle. There was no time for anyone else to find out: it had been planned through a chain of PMs very close to the deadline.​

oath2order,
As for oath2order, I'll admit I faltered on him somewhat after seeing DNM flip blue - but after talking with another player, I'm feeling more certain about his alignment again. This was the real reason why I didn't take the time to comment on his cases yesterday: I wanted to do some digging first - but beyond this situation I had no other reason to suspect him. However, I've a strong feeling that if he's not scum then he is communicating with someone who is.​

I want to bring attention to a player who has been slipping under the radar so far this game:

pallycake

I want to show you a timeline that doesn't quite match up / has peculiar evidence. Please note that the times below are in GMT (well, BST):

April 11:

6:30pm - This first section is unfortunately incomplete because I received the first part of the conversation via the IRC and the second part via a TBT PM. But, in short, pallycake claimed to know of ten townie claims and said she had sources. Ashtot queried her about this, and this exchange occurred:

[14:27] <AshtotPC> interesting
[14:28] <Pally> interesting cause u maf
[14:28] <AshtotPC> lol
[14:28] <AshtotPC> do you really believe that I'm mafia?
[14:28] <Pally> ya
[14:28] <AshtotPC> interesting
[14:29] <Pally> why would you message me
[14:29] <Pally> ive hardly posted
[14:29] <AshtotPC> That's part of the reason lol
[14:29] <Pally> no one even knew i was in game
[14:29] <AshtotPC> because you're inactive
[14:29] <Pally> except u
[14:29] <AshtotPC> everybody knows you're in game
[14:29] <Pally> y r u watching me
[14:29] <AshtotPC> and according to you you have sources
[14:29] <Pally> no
[14:29] <AshtotPC> so thats a bit contradictory
[14:29] <Pally> 8)

7:28pm - Ashtot told me pallycake had role-claimed - however, I don't know if he got this from her or if it came from Karen.

?:??pm* - Trundle told me he too had been speaking with pallycake. His claim for her differed from the one given to Ashtot / Karen. (* This may have actually occurred April 10th, now that I think about it. It was in the IRC and I didn't save it. )

April 12:

6:30am~7:30am - I was speaking with oath2order in the IRC. I can't remember exact words, but we discussed claims and one of the notes I took during this conversation is that pallycake refused to claim to him. I believe I told him about the two different claims she had already given.

6pm - I came back to my laptop after cooking dinner to find an interesting conversation taking place. I've snipped some irrelevant (non-mafia) conversation from the middle, and highlighted sections of interest. Note that pallycake is very keen on finding out oath2order's role:

[17:52:57] <ITookYourWaffles> Oath's role is kinda obvious
[17:53:20] <lynn105> oh vd you can have it for 0 bells if you want haha
[17:53:33] <nakkine> what
[17:53:43] <Pally> whats oaths role

[17:53:58] <nakkine> im godfather
[17:54:03] <ITookYourWaffles> you better find it yourself by reading
[17:54:43] <Pally> uuuuugggghhh

<snipped around 6 minutes of AC talk where Pally was silent>
[18:01:42] <Pally> R U SAYING HES DT
[18:01:53] <Skylark> bribe her with tbt bells
[18:02:01] <VillageDweller> WHO IS DT??
[18:02:11] <Skylark> quiet
[18:02:14] <VillageDweller> skylark: i am looking for bones bcos he is one of my dreamies <3
[18:02:20] <Pally> OATH?????
[18:02:27] <Skylark> i thought u were looking for a
[18:02:28] <Skylark> nvm
[18:02:38] <Pally> ITookYourWaffles, IS THAT WHAT U R SAYIN
[18:02:44] <ITookYourWaffles> Nope
[18:02:49] <Pally> oh

[18:02:51] <ITookYourWaffles> I don't think he is the DT
[18:02:57] Fey01 (~TFlash@protectedhost-583BDC76.adsl.highway.telekom.at) joined the channel.
[18:02:57] <Pally> then what
[18:02:59] <nakkine> OH TH E DOG BONES IN ACNL
[18:02:59] <Skylark> well what
[18:03:05] <Pally> vet?
[18:03:07] <ITookYourWaffles> It would be the best to ask him
[18:03:12] <Pally> vig?
[18:03:23] <Pally> u made me reas
[18:03:27] <Pally> read

[18:03:31] <ITookYourWaffles> Can't hear what your saying lalala~
[18:03:31] <Pally> just to ask
[18:03:31] <Pally> ok
[18:03:32] <Skylark> pally y u so interested
[18:03:34] <ITookYourWaffles> just ask
[18:03:45] <Pally> why
[18:03:55] <Pally> because i like the game
[18:03:59] <ITookYourWaffles> I rather keep it and ask oath if its ok to share
[18:04:08] <ITookYourWaffles> rather spread and lose
[18:04:28] <Pally> then why would u tell me to read the thread

[18:04:33] <Pally> r u psycho
[18:04:39] <ITookYourWaffles> probably
[18:04:49] <Pally> thats ok
[18:04:59] <Pally> i accept u

6:18pm - I PM'd the above conversation to oath2order via TBT. I also asked him if he was in touch with ITYW or pallycake. He responded to me at this point saying pallycake had claimed [same role she told Ashtot / Karen] to him. This contrasts with what he had been saying 12 hours earlier, and I know he'd gone to bed at 7:30am my time, but I suppose they could have talked in that time. Or, more likely, he might have just remembered me mentioning she'd role claimed from the conversation we'd had right before he went to bed. I think he was at work, so he probably didn't have access to everything at this point. We spoke for a while after this, where he brought up the point that in Mafia VII she had stayed silent until accused. In that game she was the Mafia Jack of All Trades. What's similar to this game? She's being silent - in fact, she's only posted three times. Three. And not a single post has been longer than two lines:

April 7, 5:04AM
pallycake said:
Cleared!

When does day end? (On my phone)

April 13, 8:27PM
pallycake said:
Hello......I am alive

April 13, 9:37PM
pallycake said:
Trundle said:
I think we need to kill all the inactives they're probably scum.
Rude.

I've been trying to get in contact with people privately.

Now, because it's not like she'd ever be a mafia target, I have no problem pointing out that neither role pallycake has claimed benefits town if she's just hiding in the shadows. She also went five & a half days without even posting - yet when inactives names have been brought up she's been conveniently left off of lists. She's even said no one knows she's playing the game, yet she's playing in PM land and has sources? It really doesn't add up. I don't even see why anyone would trust her enough to share information when she's not made any posts for us to gauge her alignment.

- - - Post Merge - - -

* correction: she went over six and a half days without posting.

The thing about lynching pally, though, is that last game, she would suddenly start posting whenever she is accused. She's not doing that this game, evidenced by your quoting of her three posts.

Kuma claimed detective in IRC.

[18:24] <Kuma> I, IRC Detective Firenze, must step up to the case.
Your childish behaviour revealed in this post had angered me. How dare you change what I said on this irc?!

(5:24:47 PM) Kuma: I, IRC Detective Josephine Amber, must step up to the case.

|:
Thank you for being sensible, Tom.

The IRC quote is out of context, someone got on the IRC using multiple aliases and Kuma called them out.
Exactly this. Basically, there was this user called PrincessKenny that jouned the channel and another user that had the same hostname then came on, instantly making me assume that they were both the same person. Ashtot told me to stop pretending to be an irc mod but I childishly replied with "well Jer isn't doing his job" then I said what Tom said in the previous quote.

It sure gets annoying when players are so inactive that we just can't predict their roles. In my opinion, pallycake is always so desperate to stay out of lynch even when she didn't even care about her actual posting in-game.
She could be posting in IRC or whatever, and it seemed so in Tina's post, so I wouldn't be surprised if she tends to play more privately?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to vote later on because of school so I'm going to vote for myself in the mean time.

Actually Tina, I'm pretty sure one other person knew DarkNightMoon's role. I went around bugging most of the players for their role (which by the way some of you give out so easily honestly), but had a rather long discussion with Kit. We were talking about claims as Kit seemingly wanted to help me, told me some folks had claimed to them but didn't really specify who. Even though I only asked if any Veterans claimed to them, Kit brought this up for some reason:

Kit said:
No, no one claimed that to me. (In reference to my asking "Did Alberforth claim to you?")
(Another thing I have nocited, Karen and DNM didnt roleclaim to me, but I was in contact with them. I think DNM roleclaimed to Ashtot though, she said she was trusting him.

Okay so DarkNightMoon had talked with Ashtot. It's something I considered, nothing really out of line as we've probably all been in contact with Ashtot at some point. But when I asked if Albus had claimed to them, they also had this to say about DNM:

Kit said:
No, those two didnt claim to me at all, but I suspected DNM as a blue role or mafia, as she acted really Exicted for night and I think asked me once how to send in actions.

This didn't really have anything to do with Veterans like I was asking about, but it does hint that Kit knew DNM was a power role of sorts.

Not really sure what to think about pallycake, but I can confirm she's at least playing this game through PMs and IRC. :/

It sure gets annoying when players are so inactive that we just can't predict their roles. In my opinion, pallycake is always so desperate to stay out of lynch even when she didn't even care about her actual posting in-game.
She could be posting in IRC or whatever, and it seemed so in Tina's post, so I wouldn't be surprised if she tends to play more privately?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to vote later on because of school so I'm going to vote for myself in the mean time.

Talk about inactives >.<

Back