• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Pearl of the Orient (Re Opened)

Status
Not open for further replies.

radical6

stop pming me for collectibles
Bells
Pink Star Fragment
New Horizons Token
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
just gonna put this up now, game isnt gonna start for a while but i wanna get signups rolling since i have an exam next month and yeah. will start after vanessas game.

also this was inspired by a book I read but I forgot what it was called lmao

introduction

It was December 8th, 1941. The Japanese attack had been rumored for weeks, but it was finally on your doorsteps. By Christmas day, you raised your white flag.

Hong Kong’s garrison was no match for the Japanese. Abandoned by her ruler and her only protector, Hong Kong had fallen.

It is now September 1943, and Hong Kong is in shambles. Japanese soldiers roam the streets, and now occupy the houses of occupants they have killed. A sense of order had returned, but not in the way you liked it to be. The Americans, Canadians, and British survivors are in camps. Your new rulers are not any better than your old ones.

But not everyone hated the change. Some of the Chinese rejoiced. The white imperialists were gone - but were just traded for the Japanese. They were fooled under the pretense that it was an Asian helping an Asian - it was really just Japan emulating their role models Some of the Chinese wondered if their life under another Asian neighbor was any better than under a foreigner half a world away.

But Hong Kong has not given up, and a resistance group forms. Your group is the only chance of helping the camp prisoners survive. The Japanese have cracked down all over Hong Kong, but there are those who still refuse to be influenced. Blatant disobedience is met with death, but that doesn’t stop you.

You hear word that the Americans are coming - a whole army in the pacific theater. The Japanese are beginning to suffer losses, but Hong Kong is beginning to suffer from starvation and medicine stolen by the Japanese. The camp survivors have no chance getting through this winter, much less this year.

It is up to you and your fellow citizens to keep Hong Kong alive. But the Japanese are not foolish, and spies run amok. Not all of Hong Kong cares about your group - and selling you out is a path for luxuries for them.

Can Hong Kong last long enough for the Americans to arrive? Or will the camps perish along with the sick citizens. But another question that the British are dying to know about - was her hidden jewel kept safe in Hong Kong?

EDIT 8/1/19: Changing to a semi open setup to make the transition back to mafia easier for people. Will be updating the OP later to add the roles.

TOWN ROLES
WINCON: Kill all scum.

You are a resistance fighter (townie)..
You’re a recruit ready to take back your home. You’re not special in any way, but it is the group effort that counts. You will work with each other to take back what is yours.

You have no powers besides your voice.

You are the vanguard (Vigilante)

You're not afraid to get your hands dirty for your countrymen. You have [x] shot(s) to use at night to kill someone. You may only shoot once per night.

You are the widow (Bomb)

You will die for the cause. Your husband died in the camps. Your baby had died from the lack of medicine. Your friends are either dead or hiding, and you are tired.
You will strike back.

Whoever tries to kill you, you will not be afraid. You have embraced the fact you have nothing left, but you will not die without revenge.

If you are killed (besides a majority lynching you), you will kill your killer. If you are killed by the Executioner, you will kill them.

You are the rogue (Tracker)
Your resistance is in danger, and you must protect it. You will seek out any Japanese infiltrators to save your resistance. It will prove a difficult job, because you will have to root out your own people. You have never been so anxious before, and a dangerous death looms around the corner.

You may follow one person each night. You will track a player and see their whereabouts, provided if they used an action that night.

You are the Socialite (Doctor)

You cozy up to the Japanese in order to save your loved ones. You flirt, bribe, or just befriend your invaders in exchange for supplies. They know what you’re asking for, but you have a secret deal. Your high class lifestyle still is handy in a time of war, because you know exactly how to court and manipulate.

You may protect someone once per night. You may not protect the same person twice in a row. You may not protect yourself.

MAFIA/SCUM
WINCON: Outnumber or equal town.

You are the Japanese General (Executioner)

Your division controls Hong Kong, and you have pillaged its gold. For now, you enjoy relative comfort. There is a pesky resistance group that remains in Hong Kong, and is seeking to help establish an American base nearby to begin the assault on Japan. If you wish to have this as smooth as possible, you must destroy them.

You have one demonstration to terrorize the citizens of Hong Kong to keep them in order. You may stop a lynch early once half the number of votes required for lynching has been met.

Ex majority for lynch is 8 votes, you may choose to kill someone if they have 4 or more. In the case of a tie by the time you message me, you can only execute the 1st person who reached the number of votes.

You can only do this once this game. It will not be announced who ended the lynch early.

After lynching early, day will end and shift into night phase.

Removed based off of TBT Mafia's current state. I'm keeping it in the OP tho for flavor text reasons but I doubt anyone reads this **** lmao.

You are a sniper (Mafia Jack of All Trades)

You have the following abilities, but may use each once in this game.

Once at night, you may target a player. You will learn who that player targeted that night. If there is no action, then you receive nothing.

Once at night, you can protect someone.

You are a soldier (Goon)

You have no special powers but you can submit a kill for your faction. You're just fodder to use, really. But you're fiercely devoted to your country!

THIRD PARTY
Wincon: Unique

You are the Overseer (Survivor)
You play no sides but your own. You were the only one left in charge to look over Britain’s hidden jewel - the rest were hauled off into camps. You are the only person who knows where the treasure lies, but that means nothing if you die. Before the Japanese invaded, you and a few others oversaw Britain’s treasure of stolen works in Asia. None of it rightfully belongs to her, it was all pillaged from your neighboring countries.

This chance has given you the opportunity to run away with the treasure. You could sell it, keep it, but no matter what, you no longer have to listen to a foreign power. Provided only if you can survive the war.

Make connections with the Japanese if you have to, turn your back on your own family to keep an advantage, or use it to help your people survive. No matter what happens, you must survive.

Because you hold such valuable works, you are able to sell pieces off to the black market for survival. You have 3 works to spare for the whole entire game.

1 - Body Proof Vest (prevents death for one night). Cannot prevent a lynch.

.5 - Vote (Extra vote for the day you buy it, cannot stack. It will not be revealed where your extra vote goes)

1 - Inspect (find a player's alignment)

You may spend all of it at once or hold back. You have one whole day cycle to use the item you buy, or else it will become lost. You must buy the item the night before.

I am open to suggestions for tweaking certain roles!

No outside of thread communication. Discord will be used (to my grudge lol) for mafia and obs.
Game might start on a night 0, depending on how many people sign up. I will hold a poll beforehand.

players

1. Punchy
2. Geoni
3. Damniel
4. Dedenne
5. Antonio
6. Nintendofan85
7. Ness

Replacements
1. Jacob

Obs
2. byngo
3. tina
4. toad

Last edited:
Do you have an idea for when the game will start yet?

After or towards the end of Vanessa's game, so I hope at the latest by feb 1st but I'd like it to ideally start on Tuesday (the 29th)

I’ll in but I can’t promise I’ll be too involved in this game with classes

Edit: Actually looking at my syllabuses, I really shouldn't sorry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back