• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia III: The Murder Before Christmas [Game Over/Town Win]

Looking at scrum chat, observer chat, and here, I can totally feel the love ans respect that oath2order has for me

Alright, first thing I'd like to say is, this is a perfect example of how you can win without reliance on blues. If you look at the action list, not a single Mafia was found by detectives. Pally was roleblocked and got modkilled before she could be of any use. She did introduce me to Kuma, the other detective, who checked Trundle and told me he was Medic. This was congruent with what Trundle told me, so at that point I was pretty sure they were both legit. There was a chance that Trundle was indeed godfather, or both of them were Mafia working in cahoots. With the kill on VD, this essentially confirmed Trundle (though I still had that niggling thought that they were both scum). This is why I asked Kuma to check beary on the second night (I knew beary was townie, thanks to Blueleaf). Kuma confirmed beary was townie, so I was satisfied that she was really the DT. Unfortunately, her check on Tina was blocked, and she died the next night checking Horus. Her death did basically confirm Trundle as medic 100% though.

Anyway, we lost most of our blues to modkills, rather annoyingly. I was pissed that the Vigs didn't shoot before they died. It was precisely how we went into Day 5 with both Horus and lynn alive, who had been lurking the entire game. They should have died before then, we going into crucial lynch days with lurkers alive is every Town's nightmare. That is also why I shot Chris. It was my first opportunity to shoot as a Veng Vig. I would have shot Horus or lynn but they didn't vote Creeper. Naturally in hindsight, shooting Chris was a mistake, and coupled with losing River and half the town to modkills, I was pretty disheartened and wanted to just concede the game right there.

Given what happened, I was certain that Tina was Mafia, but I had no solid case to put to the town. They had blocked Kuma that night, who was supposed to be checking her. I remembered that I had leaked Kuma's role to Tina, which was why Kuma was blocked. That was fine, with the game at LyLo, I had to pull off an audacious lie to get Tina lynched. And that's what happened - I pretended Kuma wasn't the DT and was just bait to fish a roleblock, while the real DT checked Tina. I then had to straight up lie even more and say she was Roleblocker. This was to guarantee the lynch, as I didn't want them to brush it off as a Miller or Framer interference. Basically, if she wasn't, there was no way for anyone to disprove me anyway. Mafia were hardly going to say "actually she's a goon or framer". And if I was wrong and she was innocent, the game would have been lost anyway, so it was really a lie that would either keep us in the game or lose an already lost game. As it turns out, Tina had SP frame her for the exact reason I lied and said she was roleblocker. Once she flipped Roleblocker, it was easy to read back and look for the signs of Mafia scrambling in panic. They thought they had blocked the DT, they were not prepared for an accurate accusation against Tina. This is how we bagged Superpenguin and Horus, and to a lesser degree oath2order.

So I know I said I can't stand liars. This isn't true. I lie more as town than I do as Mafia. Why? Well first of all, lying opens up many more avenues of play that are simply not there for someone playing as a perfect innocent townie. You have to consider WHY you're lying though, and be clear of your objectives. So why do I lie more as town? Because as town, I know I'm innocent, and if I'm caught lying (rule #1 of lying is to not get caught), I can usually wiggle myself out of that lie. As Mafia, I rarely lie - instead I just don't tell the whole truth. It's part of the Mafia psychology - it's harder to wiggle out of a lie when you know you're guilty. That huge lie on Day 4 kept us in the game and basically won the game as well.

So take home points for now really is you don't need to rely on blues abilities to win. Yeah, Trundle's medic saves really helped (partially because Mafia were idiots and kept hitting me on the wrong nights). But no Mafia were found by Detectives, and the vigilantes pretty much did nothing. Shoutout to Farobi for doing the right thing on Night 2. Dolby did well to bomb oath, but by lying to me the entire time, he really risked a lot. Dolby, your logic that I would have lynched you as soon as I found out you were Hatter was wrong.

With regards to the Mafia kills on Nights 5 and 7....so on night 5 you hit me and I was saved. That means I was vulnerable on Night 6, but Mafia had no KP. On night 7, surely it makes sense that I would have been protected again?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Shoutout to Tina for a solid infiltration effort. She recognised that I was lonely and craving for other town analysts, and filled that void nicely.

Last edited:
Ahh, I want to play so badly, but me mom is worried that you guys are evil and will kill me or something -.-

I'm glad that I sacrificed myself, oath probably wasn't going to be lynched. I gathered that much in a pm conversation with Karla.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ahh, I want to play so badly, but me mom is worried that you guys are evil and will kill me or something -.-

DIEEEEEE!!!!

I'm glad I was sacrificed too, because that confirmed that lynn was Mafia.

Yo Karla, should we tell the Mafia about our little conversation around Day 6 when you accused me?

I remember I roleclaimed to you as Paramedic, Kippla. I wanted to get information out of you as well as pass it onto Karla so all in all you weren't too useless ;o

Also shoutout to my circle of awesome: Trundle, Laurina and Kuma.

ATTENTION VD! You see? This is why Laurina and Kuma had to be killed. THey weren't going to be lynched the following day and if we went after Karla or Trundle, they had the medic and a possible second bus driver.

I was sure that you wouldn't kill Kuma after I showed you that she wasn't the Detective on Day 4...

Also shoutout to my circle of awesome: Trundle, Laurina and Kuma.

CircleOfAwsome.jpg

Oh, and I missed that post explaining why I was lynched. I read it, so nevermind about what I said!

Aw, I'm not in the Circle of Awesome?

No...you weren't very useful I'm afraid. Even with the last vote just there, you were asking me to confirm that lynn wasn't the medic?!?!?!? I don't know why you took so long to vote lynn.

Back