Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Orange Hybrid Rose
Gold Hybrid Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
tbtislandtourslogo.png

It has been over a year since the launch of Animal Crossing: New Horizons. You've hand-picked your villagers, placed their plots, laid down fences, planted shrubbery, bred rare flowers, terra-formed the entire island at least three times over, amassed a wardrobe so large that you could clothe a continent, and have a sweet house on top of all of that. What's left now except to share this island you've lovingly built with the world? 🏝

The Bell Tree: Island Tours is a video series that showcases the Animal Crossing: New Horizons islands created by members of our community. On the first of each month a new episode will be released focusing on a different TBT member's AC:NH island. To learn how to submit your island for consideration in this series please see this post.

Latest Episode

Last edited:
Last edited:
How To Submit Your Island

To submit your island for consideration in The Bell Tree Island Tours series please make a thread in the Island Tours Submission board. Please keep in mind that other members will be able to see and react to your submission.

Things that you may wish to include in your submission:
  • Your island's name*
  • Your dream address*
  • Island theme (if you have one).
  • Any interesting information you may wish to share about your island and the decisions you have made.
  • Any screenshots of your map, house, unique features of your island, etc.
  • An in-game screenshot containing your TBT username. You can do this using the in-game keyboard.*

E4Uzx1TUcAQCfoE (1).jpeg

* Required.

Please see this thread for an example of what a submission thread might look like. You do not need to follow the format that has been used here; it is just an example of one way that you could layout the information.

Terms and Conditions

• If your island contains offensive content that would normally violate our Prohibited Content rules then it will not be selected.
  • You are free to modify your submission thread and update your AC:NH dream at any time, however if your island has already been selected for filming any changes you have made may not be reflected in the video.
  • If you wish to withdraw your island from consideration please edit your submission post and inform @Chris via private message.
  • You may not request the removal of an already published video. This will cause too much disruption to our channel and the series. If you have any privacy concerns then you are encouraged to raise them with me in advance. If the episode has already been published there are other ways of amending the content that do not require the removal of the entire video.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Can I submit the DA of an old island from before I reset my game?
A. Yes, this is acceptable as long as you can prove that this island belongs to you. If you would like to discuss ways of proving this island belonged to you before you reset then send me a message and I will work with you to find a solution.

Q. Does my island need to be 100% finished to submit?
A. Nope! Many islands will forever remain a work in progress. As long as you're in a position where you're proud enough to show it off then that's fine by us.

Q. Can I request that you do not show certain areas of my island, such as my beaches or house?
A. Absolutely! Please specify these in your submission thread and I will do my best to honour your wishes.

Last edited:
tbtislandtourslogo.png

Hi all and welcome to the very first episode of The Bell Tree: Island Tours! In this debut episode we explore Milkiss by @skarmoury! Milkiss, inspired by slice-of-life high school anime, features a mostly urban landscape heavily inspired by Asian countries - primarily Japan.

If you enjoyed touring skarmoury's island please let us know!

Also, we would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the format for this video. Your feedback will help shape how this series develops so we would really appreciate hearing what you did and didn't like about the overall structure and presentation.

I really liked this first episode! The editing was solid and I really appreciate the quick jokes you threw in there.

I visit a lot of random dreams myself when I look for inspiration, and always enjoy seeing what others have done. It's obvious that a lot of love went into decorating here - it's just so well done, you have a great island, Skarmoury! ^^

As for feedback, it took a full two minutes before we started wandering away from the plaza. I might just have a short attention span (actually I know I do) but maybe there is something to be improved there? Otherwise it's looking great, in my opinion! <3

skarmoury's island is amazing! i love how different all the areas are, and yet the design is super cohesive. it must have taken so much time to put together

the tour itself was fun too! especially:
I was always more of a bench warmer.
[Vrisnem fails to sit on bench]
Look at that! I can't even warm the bench. Let's move on.

i felt the format was fine in general -- my only issue was at the start when you were introducing skarmoury: there was an introduction for who skarmoury was, but my eyes kept focusing on luna's dialogue and i ended up not being able to process it (and then i rewinded and tried to properly listen to parse it).
i might just have mild audio processing issues sometimes though, so it might just be me. i just always have subtitles/CC on when i can

unknown.png

the cherry blossoms and school assets are from CLIPSTUDIOPAINT for the record. i am too lazy for that.

the new hit shoujo manga featuring @skarmoury 's character (i think?? the character that appeared behind the bars when vris was at the pool)

Wait, so I've been pronouncing your username wrong this whole time? And we finally get a voice reveal from you unless there already was one.

I liked the first episode! I initially thought the pace was too slow, but I quickly realized (I know, how silly of me) that it's an island tour and should be taken at a fair pace to soak in the scenery. And the humour you've added throughout the video is hilarious. Please do more of that in the future episodes if you can lol. I'll provide some feedback:
  • It might be a problem on my end, but I noticed that the audio wasn't in sync with the video. The delay is somewhere around a second or two.
  • The part where you picked up the clothing items. I think it's fine hovering over them to show the name of the clothes in case people want to find that specific item, but I personally think it should cut straight to the part where your character wore those said clothes.
  • If talking about the member, I think some screenshots and/or video should be provided of their in-game character. It's a little hard for me to visualize who they are while we see Luna talking in the background.

Not quite sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have a few questions:
  1. Was this done with live commentary or post commentary?
  2. Did you plan out the paths when touring the island? I noticed there were a few moments where you met a dead end or couldn't progress further (unless intentional by design).
  3. While this series is focused on touring around the island, should we also be given an option to have our houses (both exterior and interior) showcased as well?
I hope you didn't mind me throwing so much stuff at you haha. Just watching the first episode has already raised my interest in making an island tour submission.

skarmoury's island is so beautiful :O
I really love the cool way the city perspective and that rural area were made :) but it was all lovely and must've taken so long.

Overall I think it was a good episode though, and the only question I can think of is (just out of curiosity) whether the path and areas chosen was predone, and whether it was by the mods or skarmoury?

First of all, THANK YOU FOR THE FEATURE!! All your comments really lifted my spirits, one of my wishes in life was to have my very first island Milkiss featured somewhere, and I'm so happy to be given this precious opportunity 😭 I'll be showing this video to all my non-ACNH friends, they've been dying to watch a tour of my island!

LMAO thank you for that lovely art omg, I can't tell you how thrilled I am to receive an artwork from the meme queen of tbt 😭❤ And yes that was my second character! She is a mysterious girl who carries a vaulting pole and bonks the villagers with it for no reason. A real troublemaker for sure.

While this series is focused on touring around the island, should we also be given an option to have our houses (both exterior and interior) showcased as well?
I agree to this! The reason the houses didn't appear this episode was because I intentionally blocked off the area to the houses and beach. They weren't done and since I've deleted this island already, they sadly will never be done 😅

Overall I think it was a good episode though, and the only question I can think of is (just out of curiosity) whether the path and areas chosen was predone, and whether it was by the mods or skarmoury?
I believe the staff chose this! I didn't mention how one would ideally tour the island, and in hindsight I wish I uploaded a map noting the different areas on the map for easier navigation. Then again, I designed the island to specifially feel like a "city" with multiple crossing paths so the visitor could chose where to go first. The specific path didn't really matter much to me since all roads connected to each other. :) If anyone wanted a specific path to take for their own island, I think it should be included in their submission! I'm sure the staff would agree to it if it mattered a lot to the owner of the island.

Great job skarmoury on the island! It’s beautiful.

I’m not very good with feedback, but
please continue to make these videos.
I was waiting for that first video since the announcement, and now I’m waiting for the next. I love it, and can’t wait!
I would love to also see the inside of the character houses ( I realize that it was not in this video since skarmoury had stated they weren’t finished ), but for others, if they are, it would be great if showcased.

I feel like these videos allow us to get to know each of the forum members a little more, since the islands are a part of them.
Post automatically merged:

I agree to this! The reason the houses didn't appear this episode was because I intentionally blocked off the area to the houses and beach. They weren't done and since I've deleted this island already, they sadly will never be done 😅
Are you working on a new and improved island? Can’t wait to see a second island of yours if that’s the case.

It’s nice that Milkiss will be forever remembered in this forum though 😊

Hi everyone!

I absolutely appreciate the feedback. I've not been on my computer today, but when I can I'll give more specific replies.

In terms of player houses, I stated in the first few minutes of the video that I deliberately would not include these in the first episode due to the featured member specifically not wanting them shown. This was intended to mean that, yes, if a person is comfortable with player houses being shown then they will be included in future episodes.

Let me say, that this is a wonderful addition to the Bell Tree. I thoroughly enjoyed this walk-through, in fact more than most walk-throughs that I find on YouTube. @skarmoury did an outstanding job on their island. I am so impressed and inspired. and @Vrisnem did a great presentation. I’m so glad that we’re doing this – highlighting our friends and fellow forum members islands. well done.

Love Milkiss and the tour! The forced perspectives are amazing, that's not my strength at all, I'm always jealous when seeing it beautifully done (I failed a test on perspectives in Grade 9 art class LOL!)

I love the whole aesthetics of the island, so many beautiful spots to take a picture! The school area is one of my faves.

And I love the funny comments throughout the tour lol, the sitting alone & not even being able to warm the bench must be devastating for a benchwarmer :D So looking forward to the next one!

I love the fact that there’s commentary. The commentary helps me stay focused on the video. I find it difficult to get invested in a video if there’s no commentary.

I loved the island. I can’t do forced perspective, but it’s been done very well on this island. I can’t imagine how much work goes into some of these islands I’ve seen. I get ideas, but to plan it out and create it in-game is another thing. This island is definitely something to be proud of. Great job! I look forward to the next one.

@skarmoury
Your island is stunning! So much thought and planning must have gone into it. I can't even imagine. And you found so many creative ways to achieve the final outcome. It looked straight out of an anime. Great job and thank you for sharing!

@Vrisnem
As for feedback on the video, I thought it was great. It was a good length, not too long, not too short. You took time to slow down and interact with things in key locations, but didn't stay in one spot too long. The commentary was really nice as well, highlighting things for us to take note of and injecting a bit of humor at times too.

This was very enjoyable. I'm excited to see more tours in the future!

Ah, your island is so lovely @skarmoury!

I love that you leave out a school uniform for visitors to wear, and I also really like your classroom areas. They’re so cute! Your island feels really cohesive, which is something I’ve been having trouble with on my own island lately! Your villager lineup is really sweet too. 🥰

Alright, I'm finally feeling human enough to spend time responding on here!
That's a lie, I had needles jabbed in both arms today and typing hurts.

As for feedback, it took a full two minutes before we started wandering away from the plaza. I might just have a short attention span (actually I know I do) but maybe there is something to be improved there? Otherwise it's looking great, in my opinion! <3
Noted! I've had a think about how to improve upon this, and I think introducing the user can be done during early exploration of the island instead.

i felt the format was fine in general -- my only issue was at the start when you were introducing skarmoury: there was an introduction for who skarmoury was, but my eyes kept focusing on luna's dialogue and i ended up not being able to process it (and then i rewinded and tried to properly listen to parse it).
i might just have mild audio processing issues sometimes though, so it might just be me. i just always have subtitles/CC on when i can

unknown.png

the cherry blossoms and school assets are from CLIPSTUDIOPAINT for the record. i am too lazy for that.

the new hit shoujo manga featuring @skarmoury 's character (i think?? the character that appeared behind the bars when vris was at the pool)
I had wondered when editing if that would cause an issue. I didn't have much time to re-record/make edits on this episode, but I'll keep it in mind when shooting the next.

I love the manga cover-inspired artwork - it's fantastic! 🖤

Wait, so I've been pronouncing your username wrong this whole time? And we finally get a voice reveal from you unless there already was one.

I liked the first episode! I initially thought the pace was too slow, but I quickly realized (I know, how silly of me) that it's an island tour and should be taken at a fair pace to soak in the scenery. And the humour you've added throughout the video is hilarious. Please do more of that in the future episodes if you can lol. I'll provide some feedback:
  • It might be a problem on my end, but I noticed that the audio wasn't in sync with the video. The delay is somewhere around a second or two.
  • The part where you picked up the clothing items. I think it's fine hovering over them to show the name of the clothes in case people want to find that specific item, but I personally think it should cut straight to the part where your character wore those said clothes.
  • If talking about the member, I think some screenshots and/or video should be provided of their in-game character. It's a little hard for me to visualize who they are while we see Luna talking in the background.

Not quite sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have a few questions:
  1. Was this done with live commentary or post commentary?
  2. Did you plan out the paths when touring the island? I noticed there were a few moments where you met a dead end or couldn't progress further (unless intentional by design).
  3. While this series is focused on touring around the island, should we also be given an option to have our houses (both exterior and interior) showcased as well?
I hope you didn't mind me throwing so much stuff at you haha. Just watching the first episode has already raised my interest in making an island tour submission.
If you have been pronouncing my username to rhyme with my real name (Chris) instead of with an "ee" sound then, yes, you've been saying it wrong!

I wasn't sure how the humour would land, honestly, hence keeping it minimal. I've always felt my voice is ill-suited for comedy. But I can certainly hold back less in future episodes!

I sped up the clothes changing sequence, but didn't want to remove it entirely because I didn't have time to properly edit/troubleshoot the audio. I actually narrated, edited, and uploaded the first episode within the span of about 2hrs - hence why the video is mostly one continuous shot. Will keep your other points in mind for next time!

Commentary was done in post for a number of reasons. I planned out the island route in advance to make sure I showed all accessible areas of the island without having to double back too much, however if users were to submit a preference I would certainly take that into account. As said elsewhere, houses were always planned to included in this series but @skarmoury specifically didn't want them shown.

I think I covered everything here. Thanks for taking the time to give your thoughts, shellzilla!

As above, I chose the path. All accessible areas of the island were shown, and I took care to focus on the ones that @skarmoury highlighted as the key points of interest on her island.

First of all, THANK YOU FOR THE FEATURE!! All your comments really lifted my spirits, one of my wishes in life was to have my very first island Milkiss featured somewhere, and I'm so happy to be given this precious opportunity 😭 I'll be showing this video to all my non-ACNH friends, they've been dying to watch a tour of my island!
I'm glad that you are happy with the outcome! It was a lot of fun exploring Milkiss. Thank you for allowing me to feature it in the debut episode. 🖤

I’m not very good with feedback, but
please continue to make these videos.
I was waiting for that first video since the announcement, and now I’m waiting for the next. I love it, and can’t wait!
I'm glad to hear you're already looking forward to Episode 2! I haven't selected who will be featured yet. I should get on that!

I love the fact that there’s commentary. The commentary helps me stay focused on the video. I find it difficult to get invested in a video if there’s no commentary.
I almost didn't include commentary at all, mostly because I'm somewhat self-conscious about my voice/accent, so I'm glad to hear that it helped to maintain your interest.

@Vrisnem
As for feedback on the video, I thought it was great. It was a good length, not too long, not too short. You took time to slow down and interact with things in key locations, but didn't stay in one spot too long. The commentary was really nice as well, highlighting things for us to take note of and injecting a bit of humor at times too.

This was very enjoyable. I'm excited to see more tours in the future!
Appreciate the feedback, thank you! Glad to hear that you're looking forward to seeing more.

I almost didn't include commentary at all, mostly because I'm somewhat self-conscious about my voice/accent, so I'm glad to hear that it helped to maintain your interest.
You really shouldn't be. I didn't mention it in my feedback because I thought it would come off as weird or awkward, but I thought your voice/accent was fantastic! You have a great voice for narration or commentary in my opinion.

Back