Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
The TBT Fair starts tomorrow, but the first event may open on Sunday. Due to the impending TBT Fair, I decided to make a blog entry on my plans and wishes for the fair.

My Plans:

Since I want nothing more than to hold 10,000 TBT at once, the main thing I'm gonna do is to participate in the events and the contests, enough to where I can get enough tickets to buy the rarer collectibles. Even two to three cheap fair collectibles is going to be enough based on where I am. But I would like to get the more expensive fair collectibles so if I sell them, I could get over 20,000 TBT this way. What will I do with that? I'll hold onto 10,000 to 13,000 TBT while I give the rest away to the poorer, yet more active members. The whole reason is to get the TBT Bells back into circulation, and to save the TBT Marketplace. The problem with it right now is that the rich members either have the rare collectibles, are very inactive, or do not want to share their TBT Bells. So the marketplace starts to move more slowly. Rare collectibles like Pokeballs and red pinwheels are worth a lot, but not very many members have enough TBT to get them.

But how am I going to get the fair collectibles I want? Magic isn't going to help me, so I will have to participate in the events. I may not know what the staff has for us, but whatever they have, here's what I'm thinking:

• I will participate in every contest that goes under "Carousel of Contests". Even the art ones, where I don't do to well. Right now, I'm working on my town in ACNL for a contest-worthy dream town, which includes fixing the weaknesses of my town as what reviewers say. Even if they have a sixth contest or even a seventh contest, my participation knows no bounds. If I follow the rules and participate in the contests, the worst I can get is the 5 tickets awarded for participation. Last fair, I participated in four of the five contests, but that's because I didn't think StarFall was worth making into a dream town anymore. In the one before, I only participated in the Animal Crossing ones. The more I participate, the more tickets I get. Of course, I could also win a contest and get extra tickets. If the worst case scenario is good enough, then I am fine.
  • I will also participate in the events they have for us. I don't know what's here this time, but my best guesses are that the Photo Challenge, Scavenger Hunt, Hall of Mirrors, Trivia Night, and a cooking event would be present, with a few other events. If I can opt out of any two events, I would skip the Trivia Night and cooking one. The problem with Trivia Night is that you aren't guaranteed tickets. You only get it if you are the first to answer a question correctly. The fact it's like a typing contest is very stressful for me. The cooking one, I'm not very good at cooking. That's all.
  • I will not participate in the Championship Series at all. I don't like reserving times just for an online event. Plus, I don't use online on the Switch, my Wii U is unplugged, and I don't own most of the games they had from last year. The only one I could participate in is the Pokemon Sun and Moon tournament, but I can't use Alola forms or 4th gen Pokemon like Glaceon. It makes perfect sense that this tournament is restricted to first gen and second gen Pokemon only with no alternate forms due to the retro theme, but I like my Glaceon and Alolan Ninetales. So I'm probably going to stick with Animal Crossing as my only off-site game for the fair.
If it was the same as last time, and if I go at full participation based on my plans, the worst case scenario is that I would only make 68 tickets. That's if I don't get nominated or win a contest, get a staff favorite, or even get any of the mirrors or bottle counts correct. I'm not sure what 68 tickets would yield, but it should help me get up to 10,000 TBT again based on what prizes they have and how much TBT I have. But what I think is that the events and contests this time is gonna be different.

And no, I'm not going to get any real world prizes this time. I'm only going to stick to the virtual items.

My Wishes:

Since I didn't win a raffle or get a staff favorite last year, and since I didn't get a single nomination in the contests, I wouldn't expect to win anymore. The only time I got a nomination in a contest was in the TBT Fair 2014 interior design contest, and I didn't even get the most votes out of all entries that didn't win. But I was more disappointed in the 2016 Fair contest results than the 2014 one. I knew I wasn't going to get a nomination in the art contest anyway, and I didn't participate in the dream town one. But for the others, I was kinda disappointed. But the most heartbreaking one was the nomination results for the create-a-villager and interior design contest. I am very good when it comes to interior design in Animal Crossing. And I know ACNL very well. But my entry didn't get nominated. But what I found to be even worse was that I never got the crescent moon wand. I wanted to get that collectible, but I never got it. And what I believe is that the crescent moon wand is never going to come back. But I have accepted the fact that I'm not going to get everything I want, and not everybody is going to get what they want. Sure I could get an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar, a Tony, a Nobel prize, and become president of the United States, but that's not going to make me the best person either. Instead, I should stick to the more realistic achievements, and winning a TBT event is one of them.

I can't always get what I want, but here are my wishes for the TBT Fair:

• To win first place in one of the contests. Now if there's any collectible I am after, it would be the golden trophy collectible. Not the bonus collectible for winning a contest, but a trophy collectible. I would like to join the crew where all of the other contest winners are.
  • At the same time, I want to be in first place in only one contest. There's nothing wrong with being in first place in two contests, but I would want to let the others win too. The world doesn't revolve around me you know. Unless if I am the Sun, which the Moon is going to block on August 21st.
  • To get a staff favorite, or at least win an animated collectible. Again, I would like to be part of the crew where other winners are. Most of the famous members I know have either a green pinwheel, crescent moon wand, snowglobe collectible, or both the moon wand and green pinwheel. There's still a lot of members that haven't got any of those, and I am one of them.
  • For the Bucket of Paint or whatever coloring event to return.
  • A sixth contest under Carousel of Contests, perhaps a collectible design contest.
  • More than 9 events in the Event Pavillion.
  • A new part of the fair besides the Carousel of Contests, Event Pavillion, Championship Series, and Fair Shop.
And yes, I will write a review on the TBT Fair like I did last time. Somehow, even if you can only participate in the events for a short period of time, and the fair is a little longer than that, a TBT Fair saga lasts longer than that. It begins when the staff first announces a TBT Fair coming in the direct, and ends when the special event for prize pack holders is finished. I know that the 2014 TBT Fair saga started in October of 2014 when the fair was announced in November, and ended on February 13th, 2015 when the prize pack holders got prizes from the Campground puzzle. The 2016 TBT Fair saga started on July 23rd when the fair was announced and ended somewhere in October or November when the villager collectibles were introduced.

It may not be the same as last time, but I wonder how this upcoming TBT Fair is going.

Back