• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Target cancelling console shipments :/

I’ve been worrying over the fact that my console hasn’t shipped and everyone keeps telling me not to. This is exactly why I’m worried. Something always goes wrong with pre-orders. If it’s not one store it’s the other. Here is to hoping that Amazon pulls through.

For those of you who got your pre-orders cancelled: if you live in (or near) a small town you might still be able to find the consoles in store. My local GameStop often has limited edition consoles for months after release because people around here don’t care too much for Nintendo.

I managed to snag one in one of the "restocks" on Amazon. It says they're backordered, and more stock is expected on the 17th (to arrive by the 20th/21st). I'm still not 100% confident this one won't get cancelled too, depending on how much stock they actually recieve tomorrow. Fingers crossed though.

I managed to snag one in one of the "restocks" on Amazon. It says they're backordered, and more stock is expected on the 17th (to arrive by the 20th/21st). I'm still not 100% confident this one won't get cancelled too, depending on how much stock they actually recieve tomorrow. Fingers crossed though.

I just snagged one from Amazon a few minutes ago. I'm reaaaally hoping they don't cancel. It also says that it's supposed to come between the 18th and 21st. Can only pray for the best, I suppose.

I just snagged one from Amazon a few minutes ago. I'm reaaaally hoping they don't cancel. It also says that it's supposed to come between the 18th and 21st. Can only pray for the best, I suppose.

We got one from the same batch then!! Good luck, hope you get yours too :D

Wow how unfortunate. I think target kept opening spots more than any other site. They also had the best preorder gift. Could be that’s why. I think they sold way more than they actually had.

Last edited:
Wow how unfortunate. I think target kept opening spots more than any other site. They also had the best preorder gift. Could be that’s why. I think they sold way more than they actually had.

Just goes to show how greedy Target can be, lol.

Could be Nintendo wasn't able to provide as many as they projected.

So, Nintendo is canceling Target's preorders ;)

I just hope I'll be able to pick mine up on Friday, before everything is shut down.

Essential stores like Target and Walmart are probably not going to be shutting down. Representatives were with the President at one of his recent addresses so I think they'll be open.

Back