• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Tarantulas and Scorpiana?

Merlyn

Bells
So I've been looking since the start of June from 11pm onwards and I have yet to see even 1 tarantula :/ I'm aware Scorpions only came yesterday but I can see myself having the same problem with them too. I was wondering, does having a tiled town have an effect on spawning? Most of my town is tiled and where it's not I've mostly got flowers but have no idea if this affects it. Any advice?

I'm not sure about the tiled town, but I can say an effective method I've experienced was constantly saving and continuing over and over until they spawned right next to me.

It has been effective, but I was only able to catch a tarantula once right outside my house when I wasn't actively looking. xD

Last edited:
My friend had problems with black tiles. It's a road with white lines in the middle.
Two night ago she got bit because she could see it.

I've read that people have left their tiles and flowers. They've still caught the bugs.
In all my towns I removed some of the flowers,trees and a few PWP. Just enough to have some opened spots. As soon as I got both I put my town back again.
Spotted the tarantula the 2nd day and it went behind some shrubs. Those were removed. It than started spawning alot at the top of the area where two villagers live. First time it was hi and than it disappeared. So I removed the 2 trees and shrubs around them. Made the pathway one space. The next night I went to one of those villagers house. Came back outside and walk a little and there was the tarantula in front of the other villagers house. The house has the river beside and behind it. Started stalking like the island bugs. It tried to go for the river so I moved back and it came forward again. It than just sat there and I caught it.

I saw my first scorpion on July 1st. It went behind the outdoor chair and went into the red and orange tulips. Heard the disappearing sound. The one I caught in my other town went into red tulip too. It was right by the cliff and I caught it.

Best just to go about your everyday routine. If you can fish near a spot that you see them spawn do it. In my 2 town I fished by the bridge and the tarantulas walked behind me abunch of times. Also found one when a villager ping me. It walked behind me.
Caught 9 tarantulas and 2 scorpion. Gave up looking for the scorpion after I got 2.

I've had two scorpions in two days without looking for them at all ;; One was right outside my house when I loaded the game, in a paved area so I don't think that matters. The other was running around near some clovers/flowers so I don't think that matters either.

Back