• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Tanning?

Teacup

Bells
So I tanned a bit in-game today. (Darn!)
Would a peach's parasol be sufficient enough to prevent further darkening? :c

Thank you for the links! Will they also help speed up the de-tanning phase do you know?

I hate my Tan -__-
been using an umbrella and majoras mask for days and its starting to go

I got a tan once, and I hated it because tans don't look good with my character's blonde hair... Anyways, now I learned my lesson and I always have an umbrella on me or my hat if I need to carry a tool. The tan lasted about 4 or 5 days, and I constantly wore a hat so it wouldn't get worse.

I guess I'm one of the minority who likes tanning. Each day, before I head to work, I send my character to the island. I have light purple hair and green-blue eyes. I like the purple better than the pink hair I had before. I'm not sure how dark I'll let my character get, although I think right now I'm somewhere around 3.

I guess I'm one of the minority who likes tanning. Each day, before I head to work, I send my character to the island. I have light purple hair and green-blue eyes. I like the purple better than the pink hair I had before. I'm not sure how dark I'll let my character get, although I think right now I'm somewhere around 3.

Yay thanks for the tip about tanning. I never even knew you could do this until yesterday when I opened up my gates and a few tanned visitors came. I just sent my character to the island now, it's about 2pm so I'm not sure how well the tanning will work.

Is tanning something that will be a constant throughout all seasons of the game (regardless of season, if it's a sunny day you will tan) or is it only in the summer months?

no you can only tan for a few months out of the year, im not sure if you can tan in the winter while at the island though

it's believed peak tanning months are may(?) to september.

but you can tan year-round on the island, provided it's sunny there (no clouds).

oh another thing - a lot of people seem to believe that just standing outside with your DS closed will tan your character. not true, your DS needs to actually be open (making you 'active') to log tanning time.

oh another thing - a lot of people seem to believe that just standing outside with your DS closed will tan your character. not true, your DS needs to actually be open (making you 'active') to log tanning time.

Actually, I do leave my DS closed all day and I have been tanning while on the island.

I love a good tan, but after one or two shades, I wear a fedora or Explorer's hat to prevent from tanning beyond that point. Those two hats work. After one or two shades, it's too dark and not very realistic (unless you're going for that 'TanMom' look). I should only tan that quickly (and evenly) in real life. ;)

Actually, I do leave my DS closed all day and I have been tanning while on the island.
peculiar, because it was a "big deal" on tumblr (go figure...) someone was complaining how they couldn't tan at all and someone else pointed out they kept closing their DS.

of course it exploded into far more than that, but that was the relevent gist of it.

it's also possible the person thought they couldn't tan because maybe they were expecting it to appear in realtime, rather than the next day.

I thought my character had gotten a bit darker skinned but I didn't know they could tan! I'll have a parasol up all day for sure now. I don't like tans D:

Back