• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Surprising Favorites?

SoftenedHearts

Unhindered Clown
Bells
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
We all have those villagers we look at and swoon over their design at a glance (for me, Tangy is one of those.... just so cute!), but what's a villager you thought you'd dislike or feel neutral about but wound up being a favorite even with the limited number of personalities?

For me, in NH it's definitely Ruby! She reminds me of my partner- who would be a peppy for sure, loves bunnies, LOVES space, and has freckles! I've also wound up with a nostalgic soft spot for Olivia for no discernible reason other than I had her once back in WW, and still kind of want her again in at least one of my games, but I love so many snooty villagers!

For me, it's Hazel. She was a random move-in for me in New Leaf and when I looked her up, I wasn't sure if I'd like her. I wasn't crazy about the unibrow.

Ironically, her unibrow became one of the things I loved most about her. The way it moved whenever she was talking made her so expressive. I quickly fell in love with her and she's probably my favorite uchi villager and one of my favorite squirrels.

Pietro for me, invited him for October because I find (found?) him terrifying but now I'm not sure if I'll be able to let him leave after Halloween after all. This smug clown sheep is surprisingly wholesome and sweet and I'm glad he's my friend 🤡💕

Oh man. I have a lot of them. First one was Rudy. He was my starter; when I saw his back of his head, I was like crap since I thought it was Katt and at the time, I did not like her (Katt is another villager that grew on me thanks to screenshots and comments people made about her ^.^). Even once I found out it was Rudy, I was not thrilled since I hated jocks because of my experience with one in Nl (the muscle talk annoyed me and the villager wouldn’t move). The minute I talked to Rudy for the first time and heard his jock voice along with the meow little mini melody, I knew he’d grow on me. I didn’t know how much since I gifted him a bunch of stuff which i later regretted and then seeing what his original house looked like i wanted to get that house and not the starter one, so i booted him and reinvited him with a card - twice since I messed it up again by gifting him a viking helmet that he put on display.

I won’t name all of the villagers that have grown on me but I’ll talk about a few.

Rocco - i never liked the hippos designs even though I like Harry though from the time i had him in Nl and not his design. But when i went to a friend’s island for the first time which happened to be on bunny day and i saw him in the outfit (still don’t no which one; sad i didn’t take a picture), my feelings about Rocco changed. I also grew to like Biff, Bertha and maybe even Bubbles - the first two thanks to @Uffe and a couple other posters who mentioned how he looks better in NH & @Chungus. ^.^ Got to credit Chungus and @Le Ham again for their posts of Rodney. I am now extremely interested in this fella thanks to their stories and screenshots. That expression on his face is pretty cute too. :)

Other important mentions are Katt, Tabby and Bangle thanks to @WaileaNoRei’s comments and screenshots and I believe a few others as well posted some great pictures and expressed a lot of love for them in the underrated villager threads. I’m also interested in Hazel as well. Someone mentioned her catch phrase and I thought her catchphrase and her design are adorable even though her design didn’t appeal to me at first. Seeing her on a mystery island helped as well :).

The only villagers I probably won’t budge on are rocket, violet, alli, naomi, and possibly some other villagers with lipstick or heavy eyeshadow.

I suprisingly like Alli, myself. When I restarted my town in Wild World about 5 years ago, Alli was one of the villagers that stuck around for a good while and grew on me.
Monique is another one that I found I liked. I've had a tendency to get Monique as a villager in multiple villages in ACGC and WW.

Back