• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Sucks you can't adopt the Sanrio characters...

TJBambi93

Bells
Because Chai is probably one of my favorite elephants right now in terms of design next to Tucker and Tia. I would take her over Nibbles or Sprinkle in a heartbeat, lol.

you can adopt them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

you just need to have their cards and ask them to move in on a non-event day

really? thought it didn't work but that's great if you can now

wait... by adopt do you guys mean adopt from other people's towns? because you can't do that. Sorry if I misunderstood.

wait... by adopt do you guys mean adopt from other people's towns? because you can't do that. Sorry if I misunderstood.

i think he meant adopting from other people's towns but it's alright, i'm kind of unsure too. i thought i couldn't get ganon because he refused to come in. i didn't realise that there can't be an event going on

i think you can get them to move in if you scan their card, like with other amiibo villagers

I agree.. this having to HAVE THE CARD for them is lame >~<

You can only adopt the Sanrio villagers if you yourself scan them in. Meaning you cannot adopt them if they're in someone else's town in boxes or their RV.

the person who owns the card can adopt them but other people can't
my friend tried to give me one when i didn't own the cards but when i went inside to try to get the special villager to move in there was no option to invite her to my town

Last edited:
That's frustrating that you HAVE to have the card. Especially because they're so rare and not available in the US. Nintendo, why do this?

Yeah, adopt from other people's villages is what I intended to say, sorry.

The only new villagers that can be adopted from other villages are the ones that came from the old AC games. Sanrio, LoZ, Splatoon, and Felyne cannot. :(

That's frustrating that you HAVE to have the card. Especially because they're so rare and not available in the US. Nintendo, why do this?

Because it makes you buy the card which means more $$$ for nintendo.

It is annoying that the only way to adopt the Sanrio villagers is through having the physical card, but I kind of like it. Makes it a bit more satisfying getting it. Sure it does suck that they're limited and not available in certain places in the world but at least they won't be whored out like current villagers are. Basically every town we'd visit would have an Etoile lol.

I assume it was done that way because they're only supposed to be limited edition. Wouldn't be so limited if everybody could just get them from other people's towns
Makes them special I think. And it's unusual for Europe to get something that NA doesn't. Usually we miss out on all the best stuff

Back