• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Stuck in the past...

olivetree123

Bells
Tasty Cake
Cake
Cake
Months ago I started a new town, hoping to go day-by-day and go it about fresh.
Then, I took a long break, and now I'm still stuck in late May...but don't want to reset or skip right to October since my town is still pretty new.

I'm sure someone else has been stuck here before so how do you make the slow day-by-"day" TT-ing more bearable? I have ~4 months to go through...

You can make this go quite quickly if you tt a week at a time. Go forward a week, make certain no one is moving, send a few letters, run a few errands, rinse and then repeat :)

Last edited:
I currently have one town stuck in May of 2014, and another in May of 2015. It's tedious not jumping mass amounts of time ahead, but I go day by day til someone pings to move, I then deny them and move up 3 days. Rinse repeat (╥︣﹏᷅╥᷅)

Last edited:
I currently have one town stuck in May of 2014, and another in May of 2015. It's tedious not jumping mass amounts of time ahead, but I go day by day til someone pings to move, I then deny them and move up 3 days. Rinse repeat (╥︣﹏᷅╥᷅)

why only 3 days? why not like 2 weeks, or a month?

Directly after you tell someone to move or not to move if you want to keep them and then save/quit you are safe to TT far into the future if you do it all at once I believe. :)

Directly after you tell someone to move or not to move if you want to keep them and then save/quit you are safe to TT far into the future if you do it all at once I believe. :)

I can confirm this
Let's say Stitches asks to move and you day no, and you TT 6 months forward, no one else would have moved

TT kinda confuses me to be honest. For example; Clay is moving in 3 days. If I TT forward 3 days, he moves, then I TT back, will he still be gone or will he be back? I guess I'm asking if villagers TT with you??

I am glad you asked this question having several towns over the past several years since the game came out I have had times when I couldn't play as we all do, and times when I was working on another town and the one before fell behind..Needless to say I have a town in end of Aug2013,,,yep 2013, one in end of Nov 2013, yep the first 2 towns..I have had a May and July 2014 and a Sept 2014.. my newest is Sept of this year as I was off approx 2 months for illness..I don't like to do large leaps but after they are complete..final few dreams set can hopefully make the jump but I don't particularly mind..except when the wrong date went in on the wrong cart and cost me 3 dreams I can't replace there but I just keep a notecard with towns and who is moving where and when and who I need to finish dates and times and from there I don't mind as long as I keep the dates noted. But if your only a few months off I can see it being not so hard following Blondies advice. Anyone else have towns in another year, I stopped for a good six months during a relationship so I e given up on getting the older ones back and missing so many things with my villagers once I finish them get the final dreams I will likely catch up quickly or jump ahead haven't decided..

TT kinda confuses me to be honest. For example; Clay is moving in 3 days. If I TT forward 3 days, he moves, then I TT back, will he still be gone or will he be back? I guess I'm asking if villagers TT with you??

he will still be gone. time traveling backwards doesnt undo anything at all. thus, the only reason to go backwards most of the time is to visit a particular event... (or to come back to current date if you were traveling in the future...)

Last edited:

I do it all the time to get rid of villagers who are moving. Last night, for example, Deirdre told me she was moving on October 31. I saved the game and jumped to November 1. She was gone. Then I saved the game again and went back to the current date. When I want someone gone, it's just a faster way to move them out.

I can confirm this
Let's say Stitches asks to move and you day no, and you TT 6 months forward, no one else would have moved

OMG are y'all serious?! I've been so sick of being stuck 1-2 years in the past! I'm gunna try jumping a year ahead since Roald just told me he wanted to move and I told him no. Fingers crossed D;

Edit: OMG it worked! I warped a year ahead exactly and nobody moved ♡ sadly everyone is crying for being gone a year lol

Last edited:
Back