• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

strangest glitches you've encountered?

CaptainCrunch

♥️ willow lover ♥️
Bells
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Yellow Candy
Cake
i'm talking more about actual in game mess ups than lets say the tweeter glitch, ect.

i once had a glitch that was very interesting
i was starting out my new town and a new villager was moving in, he was olaf, he put his plot down next to the train station.
well, to be honest i was not happy about him moving in, but i didn't think of it much and i didn't do anything about it, i was just thinking of moving him in and trying to get him out as soon as possible, but on the next day, the villager changed to quillson... o.o
like legit, quillson moved in where olaf placed his plot of land, not olaf.

very strange... has anyone else experienced weird glitches that make you think 'what was that about'?

i'd love to hear some stories about some glitches c':

I don't really remember having any glitches in my experience playing but I did get a freeze for no reason.

I don't really remember having any glitches in my experience playing but I did get a freeze for no reason.

ohh i hate that, one time i was going to visit a town and porter froze on me for nearly 5 minutes!
no dialogue or anything- just frozen! we still moving in a standing stance but literally, it was the freakiest thing

Last edited:
Olivia's face was stuck frowning after my brother came over to chat with her.

Last edited:
I went to my friend's town to visit Katt. I went inside Katt's house at 11am (Uchi like to sleep, XD). I talked to Katt, then suddenly I saw Katt is talking to herself. I screamed the mayor and told him about this, but the mayor told me that he was talking to the Katt outside the house. I said I'm in Katt's house, he don't believe until I stepped out from the house LOL

my screenshot:
tumblr_n98yiwXXZe1smnfcso2_400.jpg

I never had any problems in the game... But I am fairly new I just got the second floor the the museum!

I have never encountered any actual glitches that were not induced by items like the tweeter. xD
My favorite glitch is though, that if you stand in front of the campsite when no one is camping and keep throwing beans while someone pushes you, you go on top of the campsite and then you die like when bitten by a scorpion. Lol!

I made a new character and after I stepped off the train, Porter didn't talk to me. We just stood there for 3-4 minutes until the mayor started moving (Not walking. Standing in place.), or glitching I guess, choppily next to Porter, but instead of talking to him, she glitched right through him and disappeared. It was weird.

Last edited:
I dug a hole today, and Peanut planted a flower in the hole. So it was a flower with the hole still underneath of it. Took a pic, it was interesting.

Nothing that exciting happened to me.
I did have this one glitch were Flora was walking on top of the cliff were the waterfall started.
I took a picture too. I'll upload it in just a bit.

I went to my friend's town to visit Katt. I went inside Katt's house at 11am (Uchi like to sleep, XD). I talked to Katt, then suddenly I saw Katt is talking to herself. I screamed the mayor and told him about this, but the mayor told me that he was talking to the Katt outside the house. I said I'm in Katt's house, he don't believe until I stepped out from the house LOL

my screenshot:
View attachment 60718

This same happened to me when I was visiting Rosie in my sister's town. She just started talking to herself.. It was just super creepy D:

I'm actually encountering a pretty strange glitch..... All of my beds refuse to go vertically, and I mean all of them. It's getting on my nerves because I have a specific place for a bed and I went to customize it and all of a sudden *beds are only horizontal* :c

I once encountered a floating Orchid Mantis. Probably the strangest glitch I've had so far.

HNI_0052.JPG

Once Rosie fell into a whole, and when she came out, she changed clothes in mid-air.
It could be since the move they do when they swap clothes is similar to the one they do when getting out of a hole.

In my main town I've often had trees glitch so they only have one fruit instead of three, it fixes itself if you walk away and come back though. I've also planted a flower at the same time as a villager resulting in the two flowers sort of merged, looked pretty cool. Not really a glitch but I dropped a firework on the ground and Rolad stepped over it, looked like he had fire coming out of his head :p. I took photos of that one.

My friend did something glitchy in my town and I'd love to know how they did it, it was pretty cool but I'm unsure if I'm able to post about it on this forum, it was some kind of hack.

I tried to speak to Lily and my head merged with hers! it was so freaky and we stood there for a whole conversation just like that. I remember taking a screenshot, hopefully I still have it

I tried to speak to Lily and my head merged with hers! it was so freaky and we stood there for a whole conversation just like that. I remember taking a screenshot, hopefully I still have it
I really, really want to see this. :p

Back