• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Storage woes

Foreverfox

💖✨Glow & Shine✨💖
Bells
Strawberry Doll
Strawberry Doll
Weird Doll
Quirky Doll
Quirky Doll
Strange Doll
Strange Doll
Strange Doll
Strange Doll
Strange Doll
I've run out of storage for items such as fruit, fish, bugs, etc. I don't want to upgrade to the furniture and fashion plan for the warehouse, but don't want to clear out my entire inventory either. Help? Just looking for ideas here.

Running out of storage is such a pain, I seem to go between having nothing to been completely full - though I do actually have the plan but keep forgetting about the warehouse! 😆
When my fruit, fish, bugs etc fill up I usually go through them all and sell quite a few - I’ll keep more of the villager request ones but for most of the others, especially the higher priced ones, I’ll just keep 1 or 2 and sell the rest off - mostly do this for fish and bugs rather then fruit though. Not sure if this will help a lot but if you have a high amount of some of them then this often helps me for a while :giggle:

for fruit/fish/bugs/etc. i can just tell you roughly the exact amounts of what i have at any given moment. i have a capacity of 575, and i don't think i've ever bought extra inventory storage, but the closest i usually get to being full these days is 560 or so anyway.

x10 of each basic fish/bug
x10 red snappers, horned dynastids and black bass
x25-30 of each regular fruit (including coconuts)
x15-20 of each perfect fruit (not including lychess, which is my special)
x10 of each shell
x30-40 pearl oysters (although i'm only on 25 at the moment)

and then however many of each expensive fish/bug you can carry after. like, right now i have x15 tuna and x16 sharks, a couple of giant fish, and then some more basic fish. (coelacanths, koi, soft-shelled turtles.) i have way less bugs though. only x10 stags and a couple goliath beetles. but, yeah, that's how i manage it. i don't keep anything that's out of season or event exclusive either.

i've never actually maxed out my clothing/furniture storage though despite playing since launch. i know i'm missing some of the marketplace items and haven't crafted anything i don't like, but i do have plenty of duplicates for some things. (i'm crafting duplicate mazes pieces right now, for example.) i suppose it's just about how much you keep. i don't change my campsite layout regularly, so i don't feel the need to have multiples of most furniture, and i give all my fortune cookie furniture/clothing duplicates to gulliver.

Running out of storage is such a pain, I seem to go between having nothing to been completely full - though I do actually have the plan but keep forgetting about the warehouse! 😆
When my fruit, fish, bugs etc fill up I usually go through them all and sell quite a few - I’ll keep more of the villager request ones but for most of the others, especially the higher priced ones, I’ll just keep 1 or 2 and sell the rest off - mostly do this for fish and bugs rather then fruit though. Not sure if this will help a lot but if you have a high amount of some of them then this often helps me for a while :giggle:
for fruit/fish/bugs/etc. i can just tell you roughly the exact amounts of what i have at any given moment. i have a capacity of 575, and i don't think i've ever bought extra inventory storage, but the closest i usually get to being full these days is 560 or so anyway.

x10 of each basic fish/bug
x10 red snappers, horned dynastids and black bass
x25-30 of each regular fruit (including coconuts)
x15-20 of each perfect fruit (not including lychess, which is my special)
x10 of each shell
x30-40 pearl oysters (although i'm only on 25 at the moment)

and then however many of each expensive fish/bug you can carry after. like, right now i have x15 tuna and x16 sharks, a couple of giant fish, and then some more basic fish. (coelacanths, koi, soft-shelled turtles.) i have way less bugs though. only x10 stags and a couple goliath beetles. but, yeah, that's how i manage it. i don't keep anything that's out of season or event exclusive either.

i've never actually maxed out my clothing/furniture storage though despite playing since launch. i know i'm missing some of the marketplace items and haven't crafted anything i don't like, but i do have plenty of duplicates for some things. (i'm crafting duplicate mazes pieces right now, for example.) i suppose it's just about how much you keep. i don't change my campsite layout regularly, so i don't feel the need to have multiples of most furniture, and i give all my fortune cookie furniture/clothing duplicates to gulliver.
Thank you both! These are great! Right now, I don't feel like I should've maxed out any specific item's capacity. I do have some seasonal/event items I could get rid of that I didn't realize I still had. I try to go through and sell furniture that I know I won't put in my campsite, as I never change my theme, but some of it I hesitate to sell because I can't remember if I made it as a needed piece to get a specific villager to come and I just haven't completed their request yet. (holy run-on sentence, apologies.)

I'll definitely give it another comb through and see what I can sell. I have soo much just hanging out in my mailbox, it's killing me lol.

I just toss stuff into my marketplace boxes at the maximum bundle(s) I have at the cheapest possible sell value* when that happens. free value for anyone that happens to see and purchase

it's about the only time I'll use my marketplace boxes now too

*well, except those uber rare huge fishies and etc. I've been keeping those for myself

Back