⭐StarlitGlitch's Art!⭐ (Gyroid Christmas Cookies)

StarlitGlitch

Sweets Lover
Bells
Island
Seafort
Perfect Cherry
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Sweet Balloon
Blue Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Blue Star Fragment
Hello! I don't do too much for art nowadays but I've been thinking about getting back into it for a while now. I recently made an Animal Crossing themed poster so I thought I'd share it here and start my own thread!

Animal Crossing Poster.jpg

I was an ALT at a Japanese high school but finished my contract this month and going into business/translation. When I was at the school I started up a monthly English board for fun but realized that I needed to make a flashy poster to replace the spot so that the next ALT wouldn't feel pressured to continue it. My students know I love Animal Crossing (they even got me plushies of Tom Nook and Isabelle!) and I enjoyed talking with them about it so I thought I'd make a themed poster.

I went with the NL outfits and Japanese title design because 1) I like the design more 2) my students are familiar with it anyways from either playing it as kids or seeing those Animal Crossing trivia videos that are played before Nintendo commercials on some trains here. The NH speech bubbles worked better though.

This took me way longer than I thought it would. I worked on it very slowly, just doing a bit at a time for a couple of months. I ended up staying until 6:30 pm one of the last days I was at the school to wrap it up in time. I'm happy with how it came out but it was difficult getting a picture that shows how bright and colorful it really is. I wasn't able to see many students' reactions because of it but the ones who saw it were pretty surprised!

If you want to see detailed shots of Isabelle and Tom Nook I have them here!

That poster is great 😍 I love what you've done with the trees and the grass pattern. What kind of paper is that? I don't really know much about arts and crafts but the colors look so bright!

That poster is great 😍 I love what you've done with the trees and the grass pattern. What kind of paper is that? I don't really know much about arts and crafts but the colors look so bright!
Thank you so much!! Those looks a lot longer than I had expected haha.
Just regular construction paper I got from my equivalent of the dollar store! I think the lighting in the room helped too.

Back