• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Splatoon Splatoon General Discussion (HYPE THREAD)

when the time ends and you go into the tutorial it doesn't kick you out, so i got 1hr of online and bonus splatoon (tutorial) value!

Ahhh right. Mine just came up with 'communication error' after my last match at around 1:05, so I assumed it just let me finish the last match and kicked me to the menu.

What do you all think of the pre-purchase bonus that cannot even be transferred to the full game?
splatoon-pre-purchase-bonus.png

I think that it is hardly something cool as it would be more worth while if it was an exclusive clothing item that you could wear in the full game that only pre-purchasers can access...

Last edited:
What do you all think of the pre-purchase bonus that cannot even be transferred to the full game?
splatoon-pre-purchase-bonus.png

I think that it is hardly something cool as it would be more worth while if it was an exclusive clothing item that you could wear in the full game that only pre-purchasers can access...

I dislike those 'pre purchase incentives' anyway, so I'm glad this isn't one of them (well, a proper one anyway).

I don't mind this though, all it really does it let other people know you've bought the game. I can't imagine anybody has pre-purchased simply for this.

Last edited:
tbf, I couldn't tell you if I went against anyone wearing that shirt or even had a nintendo labcoat. I just blindly attacked anyone who didn't have hair matching mine. :p

I've been watching different livestreams all day cause I'm too excited for the next time slot :c

I wasn't awake during the second hour, but what stages did you play on? Were they the same ones as in the first hour?

I wasn't awake during the second hour, but what stages did you play on? Were they the same ones as in the first hour?

I didn't play the first hour but I think I only played two stages. I think one was called 'Salty Seawalk' or something? I dunno, it had 'salt' in the title.

I'll be surprised if they let out more maps with each session. I would think they want to keep a lot of it for launch.

I didn't play the first hour but I think I only played two stages. I think one was called 'Salty Seawalk' or something? I dunno, it had 'salt' in the title.

I'll be surprised if they let out more maps with each session. I would think they want to keep a lot of it for launch.

Saltspray Rig and Walleye Warehouse were the ones in the first hour.

I didn't notice this o_O

I knew that you could turn it off but I assumed that it was only in the full version. It was still really fun though. I kinda got used to the gyro controls by the end of it.

I like how I had a few spawn killers trying to be cheap and kill me on spawn, but not realizing that the spawn points are protected. It's not a perfect system, you can just spawn kill a little away from the spawn, but at least cheap ****s like that will be less likely to do it :3

THANK YOU

also splat roller OP

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ive won all my matches except 1 so far. My score is mostly over 1000 :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

btw you can turn the gyroscope off in the weapon select :)

oops my computer or tbt is being weird (maybe both lol) and I can't edit my post for some reason

I misquoted, the "THANK YOU" was referring to this

also splat roller OP

I thought that at first but it's not that bad really.

Considering you need to get up close to actually hit somebody, I think their power is understandable, especially since the full game might have gear that makes the roller less of an issue. Roller users didn't give me many troubles if I saw them coming.

They also paint the floor quickly but don't get very good coverage on the walls, which if anything it effects their maneuverability since they can't paint the wall then 'squid up' them. This will make them an easy target to anybody who has the high ground advantage.

Just a random question for you all.

If my copy of Splatoon costs ?59.99, what individual costs does that split each item into?
I know the Inkling hat is ?9.99 itself as it is available on Nintendo Store.

These are the items that I have pre-ordered.

-Splatoon with Inkling Squid amiibo, Inkling Boy amiibo and Inkling Girl amiibo
-Splatoon with Inkling Squid amiibo
-Inkling Girl amiibo
-Inkling Boy amiibo

Last edited:
Just a random question for you all.

If my copy of Splatoon costs ?59.99, what individual costs does that split each item into?
I know the Inkling hat is ?9.99 itself as it is available on Nintendo Store.

These are the items that I have pre-ordered.

-Splatoon with Inkling Squid amiibo, Inkling Boy amiibo and Inkling Girl amiibo
-Splatoon with Inkling Squid amiibo
-Inkling Girl amiibo
-Inkling Boy amiibo

Not sure what you mean...

From the one with all amiibo, it would be ?15 per item if you split the cost between the game and 3 amiibo (rounded up to ?60 for simplicity). I dunno if that's what you're asking though.

[edit] ?12 if we're including the hat.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean...

From the one with all amiibo, it would be ?15 per item if you split the cost between the game and 3 amiibo (rounded up to ?60 for simplicity). I dunno if that's what you're asking though.

[edit] ?12 if we're including the hat.
That's what I meant. ;) Thanks. :)

Back