Spawn Resetting on the Tropical Island

rincupine

Bells
So I'm one of those people that kind of just... keeps his DS on all day. Especially with animal crossing since it's so easy to just check in every once in a while and see how stuff's doing. Anyway, a few nights ago I was doing my regular rounds on the island, catching rare bugs in order to pay off the expansion of my attic, I went to get a glass of water or something, closed my DS, came back, and once I opened it again the spawning cycle of the bugs/fish had nearly stopped. This has happened a few times before, I think.
There were the usual non-finned fish in the ocean, and whatever those weird little sand cockroaches are, but the valuable beetles and sharks showed up maybe twice in the next hour after that. (When I closed my DS my character was standing outside as opposed to in the cabana...)

By contrast, tonight I was doing the same thing except I never closed my DS or took a break in the middle, and the spawn cycles seemed normal and the bugs/sharks were pretty plentiful.

My question is this; does closing one's DS while outside/on the island interrupt the spawn code in some way? Also, I've had the same thing happen after leaving it open on a dialogue box for a long period of time. (After you catch something, a dialogue box pops up with the measurements of whatever you caught...) I'm just wondering if maybe the game doesn't refresh the spawn code as well if you leave it sit for a while.

I'd like to know if anyone has A) any theories that would suggest whether this is actually a thing that happens or not, or B) if this has happened to anyone else.

Thanks!

It does. Closing your 3DS while being outside is basically resetting, except for while it saving your data.

Good! I'm not crazy. I'll make sure I don't do that anymore while I'm trying to uh... make bank.
Thanks for replying. :>

Back