Something I don't understand...

sn0wxyuki

I'm a girl~ ❤Barold
Bells
Switch
0213-9165-2243
Tasty Cake
Cake
I don't understand why player set the rules like "do not talk to my villagers" when they have someone visit their town for trading/selling or anything else, i there gonna be any harm to this? I am actually quite curious...for I don't understand this term.

Then the villagers will say things like I talked to....... From....... And some people don't like that. I for myself don't care if they talk to my villagers

Well, as Chessa said, they sometimes say they talked to, say Jamie from Sunville.
I can see where that would get annoying. Villagers can be awfully repetitive when they speak.
But I don't mind them speaking to my villagers, I don't wifi too often so that's no problem for me.

Ohh I see that's the reason. I thought by talking to the villagers they might have potential to have their villagers move out to the person who have talk to them. Thanks for the reply now I understand it all clear =D

I think if someone voided a villager that that person has talked to, it could go to them, I'm not completely sure though.

I think if someone voided a villager that that person has talked to, it could go to them, I'm not completely sure though.

I got a villager from my gfs town before out of nowhere but I think it was from street pass or something.

Oh.
Yeah, they can go through wifi too. I got a voided Vesta in my old town. :p
I had a slot open in my town for a dreamie then Flo randomly moves in one day and is like "I'm from Kardia". I was like oh hell no. The wifi thing is kind annoying. I'd be more okay with it if they couldn't move in when you have 9 villagers. That kinda ruins things. >.<

Last edited:
I never allow anyone to talk to my villagers when they are in boxes, or thinking of moving. Ex: Bunnie said shes moving on the 29th and I accidentaly said Go,go yes! I do not like to influence her to move because I need to get her to ask again so I can say HELL NO DON"T GO

Also like what they said above

I don't think they have to ping you to change their mind. In fact, if you wait for that, you will probably lose her. Just talk to her constantly and even send her letters. That will likely get her to change her mind. I regretted letting Hugh move, so I did a charm offensive on him. I don't remember if he pinged me, but he did stay. Once I had a friend who wanted him, I was more willing to let him go.

Last edited:
But then villagers also talk about people they meet in dreams... what's the difference? It can't really be controlled unless you just don't put it up in the dream suite - except most people I know or have met prefer putting up their dream towns

Just a thought :3

Last edited:
There seems to be so little to do during WiFi (just shopping, looking around, going to the island, etc.), that I admit a rule like this seems a little excessive and restricting of one of the few things that you can actually do during WiFi: talking and meeting some out-of-town villagers.
Some of the people I know who have this rule are simply afraid that their favorite villagers will get "stolen" away from them if WiFi visitors talk to them. I don't think this is how it works. I'm pretty sure you can only get voided villagers via WiFi, or visitors who are already packed up and in boxes -- not villagers who are just walking around town.
As for the fact that neighbors talk about the visitors later, I think it's kind of cute to hear about my friends and what the rumor about them is (which often changes over time).
But oh well, it's their town and their rules, and I will respect their rules and not complain. It's not a big deal or anything! :)

But then villagers also talk about people they meet in dreams... what's the difference? It can't really be controlled unless you just don't put it up in the dream suite - except most people I know or have met prefer putting up their dream towns

Just a thought :3

True. But this never happens to me because no-one has ever visited any of my towns via Dream Suite :p

I get them all the time and so the villagers are always telling me about whether the visitors listen or don't listen ect. It's really cute really :3

I find it a silly rule.. one of the things i most like to do is talk to others villagers..
Some peoples towns rules are so strict i don't see why they even bother having visitors, or if they do they might aswell just stay in the train station and not move

I find it a silly rule.. one of the things i most like to do is talk to others villagers..
Some peoples towns rules are so strict i don't see why they even bother having visitors, or if they do they might aswell just stay in the train station and not move

Yeah. One of the biggest things in this game is villager interaction and visiting others, I guess.

I respect the rules when I visit someone but I've seen someone with
-don't talk to my villagers
-don't walk around my town
-don't shop on mainstreet
-don't fish
-don't catch bugs
-don't visit my museum

eeehmmm.......right.....

I respect the rules when I visit someone but I've seen someone with
-don't talk to my villagers
-don't walk around my town
-don't shop on mainstreet
-don't fish
-don't catch bugs
-don't visit my museum

eeehmmm.......right.....

That's a bit...much

That's a bit...much

a bit?? hahaha way too much in my opinion.
I can understand people don't want visitors to talk to villagers or buy certain things but what is wrong with visiting the museum?? Ah well when people visit my town they may talk to villagers, shop, catch bugs, fish, even pick fruit. I just expect them not to cut down anything or steal hybrids :D

Back