I don’t understand Date Trading and Messages.

LordSheep78

Pls Call Me Owen Ty Love You Guys 💜
Bells
Spring Sakura
Classic Easter Egg
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Perfect Pear
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Orange
Isabelle
Purple Balloon
Tasty Cake
Waluigi Easter Egg
I really don’t get date trading. Can someone please explain it to me I don’t understand. Also I don’t understand why people sometimes want specific messages on their collectibles. Thanks

it's because you cannot manually order collectibles in your inventory, they are ordered by date.

so in the case of the trade I just did with you, before my inventory looked like this:
[sakura] -> [galaxy egg] -> [aurora egg] -> [sakura] -> [dreamy egg]
and when I did the trade, I got the sakura to go in between my galaxy and aurora egg, so that my inventory collectibles are more symmetrical. 😊

as for messages, well if you're on the desktop site you can hover over collectibles and if they're gifted, it'll say who gifted it, along with a message if applicable. I usually ask for messages but most people can't come up with one and lately I haven't been able to either haha. might make a separate thread later asking people to put messages on my gifted collectibles. 😌

Every collectible is assigned a timestamp when it is purchased from the Shop or generated as a reward or prize from an event. Based on these timestamps, the collectibles are ordered in your lineup with the oldest being on the right and the newest being on the left. If you have two rows of collectibles, that means that your oldest collectibles are on the bottom row and the most recent collectibles are on the top row. So, based on your current lineup, your Tasty Cake is the oldest collectible you have and the Spring Sakura is the newest.

People seek date trades to get their collectibles in a certain order. Reason being, at least thus far, members cannot move collectibles around their lineup, it's set in stone by the timestamp. So, if you want your lineup to look a certain way, you might need to trade with someone who has a date you're looking for.

As for messages, it's just personal taste. Sometimes it's sentimental, sometimes it's just because. Up to the individual.

it's because you cannot manually order collectibles in your inventory, they are ordered by date.

so in the case of the trade I just did with you, before my inventory looked like this:
[sakura] -> [galaxy egg] -> [aurora egg] -> [sakura] -> [dreamy egg]
and when I did the trade, I got the sakura to go in between my galaxy and aurora egg, so that my inventory collectibles are more symmetrical. 😊

as for messages, well if you're on the desktop site you can hover over collectibles and if they're gifted, it'll say who gifted it, along with a message if applicable. I usually ask for messages but most people can't come up with one and lately I haven't been able to either haha. might make a separate thread later asking people to put messages on my gifted collectibles. 😌
Oh thanks I was so confused on how to order the collectibles! Isn’t doing that like really annoying though? I guess it does make getting a lineup better. Also @Halloqueen Tasty Cake isn’t my oldest collectible but I can’t get the other one to show up :(
Thanks

Oh thanks I was so confused on how to order the collectibles! Isn’t doing that like really annoying though? I guess it does make getting a lineup better. Also @Halloqueen Tasty Cake isn’t my oldest collectible but I can’t get the other one to show up :(
Thanks
I was just basing it off your current lineup as displayed in the post. The Waluigi Easter Egg isn't showing up because it's been pushed out by the other ones since you can only have ten collectibles actively displayed and new collectibles push out the oldest ones. You can toggle the visibility of each collectible in their Settings in your Inventory.

Oh thanks I was so confused on how to order the collectibles! Isn’t doing that like really annoying though? I guess it does make getting a lineup better.
it is really annoying lmao, there's actually a thread called the "impossible lineups thread" that's dedicated to showing off visible lineups that are impossible to achieve due to timestamps. sometimes if the window for a potential timestamp is really narrow it can be incredibly difficult to date trade for a collectible that will fit in there. I mean, I guess it's satisfying when you finally get it in the right order, but it's so tedious haha. 😩
Post automatically merged:

Ah, I thought you could have 12 for some reason, thanks lol.
for April Fools you could, but they're back to 5x2. it's a reference to TBT pre-Xenforo when we had 6x2 lineups. it was kinda wild lol.

Ah, I thought you could have 12 for some reason, thanks lol.
That was just part of the April Fool's Day event festivities. The forums used to have 6x2 rows of collectibles, but they were downsized to 5x2 rows with the switch to version 3.0 a few years back. The April Fool's Day event was themed around time travel, and this year is the forums' 20th anniversary, so it was a fun callback to the forums' past.

Back