• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[Solstice & Equinox] Fae's Seasonal "Fakemon" and Region Thread (Art)

Which starter would you choose?

• Allileaf

• Lavasaur

• Sharqua

Results are only viewable after voting.
Your sprites look really good! I'm looking forward to seeing the Equinox legendary in that style. Its design is still my favourite out of all of your original Pokemon. It looks SO COOL.
I’m dreading trying to turn that one (and Solarctica) into GBC sprites. It’s going to be so tough. LOL

I’m glad you like Equiternal though. I’m very proud of that design. :)

Updated with my regional variant of Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, and Bellossom.

1684438614491.png

They're based on a type of plant called Peperomia, which is like a succulent. They have tendril-like "flower spikes" that grow once in a while when the plant is especially thriving. I came up with this Pokemon line during the beginning of the pandemic when I was growing a lot of different Peperomia plants.

Oddish is based on the Peperomia Rosso:
1684438656367.png

Gloom is based on the Peperomia Caperata (Red Luna):
1684438834443.png

Vileplume is based on the Peperomia Argyreia (Watermelon):
1684438950754.png

And Bellossom isn't based on a specific Peperomia, but rather generic succulents with the Peperomia flower spikes.

Because of my inevitable overabundance of Grass-Type Pokemon, these are not Grass-Type at all. Oddish, Gloom, and Vileplume are Psychic/Poison, and Bellossom is Psychic/Fairy. Their flower spike tendrils are able to read emotions and energies in the air as well as sting and poison opponents like jellyfish tentacles.

These are some of my favorites of my regional variants. Peperomia are really cute plants, so it was great to be able to make Pokemon based off of them!

@Corrie

1684526488678.png

Somehow managed to pull this together. What do you think? I think the mask/head needs to be fixed up, but it's probably not a bad "beta" sprite.

@Corrie

1684537145232.png

I curled the body down a bit more to allow more room for the horns and wings. I think it looks a lot better now!

Updated the front page to showcase the new way I'm organizing the Pokedex, and now you can see all the Types! There are some blanks and WIP sprites, so don't mind that. :)

More Pokemon!

1684798460035.png

I'm excited to finally say that I finished all of the crop Pokemon sprites! We have Seedli who can evolve into one of four Pokemon depending on the season it evolves in. Porcupod is based on pea pods and has pod-like spines. Habanewt has a giant, hot pepper for a tail and can spit pure capsaicin to burn opponents. Alpacorn has a cob of corn for a neck and can actually pop the kernels as an attack. Moltato is a ground-dwelling Pokemon based on a potato.

I'm sure pleased to finally share the Slashark sprite! I hope the Sharqua fans like him. He's a bit chonkier in the GBC style, but I had no choice. LOL

1684980629278.png

Updated with the Legendary Quartet and a cleaner Solarctica, plus a few other new additions.

Dex entries for the two major Legendaries:

#198.png
#199.png

After a bit of a hiatus (Summer kept me quite busy), I've updated the front page with some animated sprites!

Back