• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[Solstice & Equinox] Fae's Seasonal "Fakemon" and Region Thread (Art)

Which starter would you choose?

• Allileaf

• Lavasaur

• Sharqua

Results are only viewable after voting.

FaeLeaf

Happy Autumn!
Bells
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Froggy Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Spring Shamrock
Green Feather
[Pokemon Seasons]: Solstice & Equinox Version

[Pokemon Seasons]: Solstice & Equinox Version have a strong emphasis on the way the changing of the seasons effect everything in the natural world. The story and region of the game is heavily connected to the influence that the four seasons bring throughout the year, and many Pokemon in the Pokedex are linked to a specific season, including some of the Legendaries.

I'm pleased to reveal some of the Pokemon of my region, and I've put a lot of love and care into creating them and their sprites. I haven't connected with a lot of the Pokemon of recent generations--especially the starters and Legendaries--and I feel that it has a lot to do with them being less "monstrous" with more focus on strange, cartoony proportions, as well as the rise of humanoid designs. I made an effort to create approachable starter Pokemon with final evolutions that are more like monsters, as they were in the early generations, and I'm really happy with how they've turned out. My general design philosophy for most of my Pokemon lines is for the first stage to be cute and approachable while the final evolution is very cool and sometimes monstrous or even kaiju-like. Of course, some first stages are more "cool" than "cute," and some final evolutions are still on the cuter side of things.

I really hope you enjoy these designs and my sprites for them. They’re all still a work in progress, but I’m happy with how they’re looking so far. Everything is supposed to be a GBC (Gen 2) style with Crystal-like animations which is my favorite Pokemon aesthetic. NOTE: I will only be posting first stage evolutions of my Pokemon to protect the designs while the project is still being worked on.

Which starter would you pick?

Region Map:

1683668958824.png

Starter Pokemon:

Starters.gif

Common Pokemon:

#010.gif
#012.gif
#035.gif
#033.gif
#065.gif

Spring Pokemon:

#018.gif
#020.gif
#022.gif

Summer Pokemon:

#075.gif
#015 - Summer NEW.gif
#085.gif
#103.gif

Autumn Pokemon:

Winter Pokemon:

#138.gif
#145.gif
#149.gif

Legendaries:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you very much for taking the time to look at my creations. It means a lot.
I look forward to sharing more Pokemon and talking about my region! 💚

Note: I DO want to make a real ROM hack of Crystal with a fully unique Pokedex, region and maps, characters, etc., but I'm still in the beginning stages of learning how the coding works (and it's a little overwhelming for my simple brain). So the hope is that this WILL be a game in the future, but it's likely very far in the future still. I'm primarily working on finishing all of the designs and sprites for the full Pokedex, and then we'll see how making a game goes.

Last edited:
Gonna go with Sharqua. But I'm very biased when it comes to water types...

Looking forward to seeing more of this project of yours!

Gonna go with Sharqua. But I'm very biased when it comes to water types...

Looking forward to seeing more of this project of yours!
Thank you so much! I have a LOT to this already, but I’ve been very hesitant to post about it anywhere. Especially Reddit.

Glad you like Sharqua!

I'm drawn to Lavasaur but Sharqua is super unique and cool. I'll have to see the entire evo line before I'd make a decision lol.

Second stages for all three starters are now on the front page! I'm going to be keeping the evolutions in a spoiler to save room.

Okay, I have to go with Sharqua now! Your sprite work is really nice. It's very clean and cute. I'd genuinely play this if it was a game.

Okay, I have to go with Sharqua now! Your sprite work is really nice. It's very clean and cute. I'd genuinely play this if it was a game.
Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me as a noob pixel artist.

Let’s see if you still stick with Sharqua once I put the final evolutions up! They’ll be up shortly.

These are all incredible! 😮😍

It would be so hard to pick which starter to choose, because they are all adorable. I love the Lavasaur evolution line, because Volbrachio is outstanding, but I think if they were real, I would definitely have to go with Allileaf as a starter. I have to say overall, my favourite is Crocofrond. 🥰 It is so cute and the name is adorable. I love the transition between Allileaf and Crocofrond!

Cannot believe how talented you are!

These are all incredible! 😮😍

It would be so hard to pick which starter to choose, because they are all adorable. I love the Lavasaur evolution line, because Volbrachio is outstanding, but I think if they were real, I would definitely have to go with Allileaf as a starter. I have to say overall, my favourite is Crocofrond. 🥰 It is so cute and the name is adorable. I love the transition between Allileaf and Crocofrond!

Cannot believe how talented you are!
Wow, thank you so much for the feedback. 💚 I really appreciate it. I'm glad that somebody likes Allileaf. I've only shown my work to a handful of friends (and now this thread), and only one or two other people have ever chosen Allileaf. I think that's pretty on brand for Pokemon though since people usually favor Fire and Water-Types the most.

Crocofrond actually went through a lot of changes in its design. I think it's probably awkward that it ends up mostly bipedal for that stage but goes back to being quadrupedal. The whole line actually originally was going to be more of a wyvern (where the arms and wings are attached), and Crocofrond stayed bipedal. But I really hated the original Dracodile and revamped both stages entirely.

1679607519140.png

This is the original concept art for Crocofrond, and I actually do still like it! I'm honestly tempted to make it quadrupedal again, but I really like the way it looks now too. What do you think of the old design? 😅

I'm also really glad to hear that you think Volbrachio is so cool. I struggled a lot with that design for a bit even with Lavasaur and Brontosear's designs complete as they are now. I just struggle with final evolutions in general because I'm not the greatest artist and take ages to draw a single complex design. But it's really nice to be getting some good feedback. Thank you again!

Wow, thank you so much for the feedback. 💚 I really appreciate it. I'm glad that somebody likes Allileaf. I've only shown my work to a handful of friends (and now this thread), and only one or two other people have ever chosen Allileaf. I think that's pretty on brand for Pokemon though since people usually favor Fire and Water-Types the most.

Crocofrond actually went through a lot of changes in its design. I think it's probably awkward that it ends up mostly bipedal for that stage but goes back to being quadrupedal. The whole line actually originally was going to be more of a wyvern (where the arms and wings are attached), and Crocofrond stayed bipedal. But I really hated the original Dracodile and revamped both stages entirely.

View attachment 487631
This is the original concept art for Crocofrond, and I actually do still like it! I'm honestly tempted to make it quadrupedal again, but I really like the way it looks now too. What do you think of the old design? 😅

I'm also really glad to hear that you think Volbrachio is so cool. I struggled a lot with that design for a bit even with Lavasaur and Brontosear's designs complete as they are now. I just struggle with final evolutions in general because I'm not the greatest artist and take ages to draw a single complex design. But it's really nice to be getting some good feedback. Thank you again!

Oh my goodness, quadrupedal Crocofrond is adorable too! I didn’t even think about how it goes from quadruped > biped > quadruped, not that I would mind that in-game at all. It is honestly hard to choose which design is cuter, because they are truly both so adorable!

I was also trying to decide which of your legendary Pokémon I would choose, but again, it was too hard of a decision! 😂 They are both so good!

Oh my goodness, quadrupedal Crocofrond is adorable too! I didn’t even think about how it goes from quadruped > biped > quadruped, not that I would mind that in-game at all. It is honestly hard to choose which design is cuter, because they are truly both so adorable!

I was also trying to decide which of your legendary Pokémon I would choose, but again, it was too hard of a decision! 😂 They are both so good!
Yeah, I might play with Crocofrond a bit in the future, but I’m content with it how it is now.

I would definitely prefer someone struggling to pick because they like them all so much! I struggle to decide between the two, but I think I prefer Equiternal a bit more. I got a lot of inspiration for its design from a couple of Digimon, actually. LOL

Oh I love the legendaries! Equiternal ticks so many of my “instant favourite” boxes but Solartica is just as awesome, being a manager of seasons. If they were real I’d be a bit stuck deciding between them. xD I enjoy the dex descriptions you give to the Pokemon-the info makes them even more endearing.~ I’m excited to see what cute Pebbird would become.

T’is a wonderful project you have here.~ ^^

Oh I love the legendaries! Equiternal ticks so many of my “instant favourite” boxes but Solartica is just as awesome, being a manager of seasons. If they were real I’d be a bit stuck deciding between them. xD I enjoy the dex descriptions you give to the Pokemon-the info makes them even more endearing.~ I’m excited to see what cute Pebbird would become.

T’is a wonderful project you have here.~ ^^
Thank you so much! 💚 I'm really proud of my Legendary Pokemon, and I'm glad you like them so much.

Back