• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

So sad.

Chiantye

Bells
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Cake
Cake
Cake
I can't believe how long it's been since I've properly played ACNL.After I got all my "dream" villagers I just got bored and gave up.Then when I came back my favorite villager moved away,Julian.
So I restarted my game so hopefully I will find another way to get back into the game.How do all you guys stay active?

I stay active by trying to make money to make my town look pretty and decorate it with town projects and hybrid flowers. When I finish decorating my town I don't know what I will do though..

Yeah I really wanted to make,but town look nice.Then I got all my villagers and got bored.I might start playing again since both of my sisters are getting a 3ds at Christmas.But I'm also get Zelda and Pokemon. ;u;

I stay active by using these forums. I sell things, buy things, try to complete my catalog. I go onto CT to meet new people, make some friends, etc etc. It works very well for me, and I love doing it. I also work on getting the badges.

Yeah I was pretty gutted when Julian left so I gave up.But I guess when I tt'ed it just took the fun out of the game.

The trick is not to have dream villagers, or set-in-stone plans of any kind, I think. I've always got creatures moving in and out of my town, messing up my paths and whatnot, and every time I have to figure out a way to deal with the layout changes they bring.

People who go for a set of dreamies and get them all - don't you find you've got nothing to do after that? I think I would.

I'm only active at the moment because of the season transition from Autumn to Winter in the game! I love when it's snowy in Animal crossing! I dont usually play for long amounts of time - usually only 5-10 minutes a play! But meh, I've had a lot of fun with this game so I don't really feel the need to play it as a chore like others do.

Good Idea.I might get 2-3 dream villagers that I really like then I might start to let villagers come and go as they please.Once I motivate myself Im might tt to help myself get started e.g. be able to build projects then I'll be happy. :3

Also, if you're not totally into it at first, play every 3 - 5 days. A neighbor will usually ask to move out within that time

Yeah I basically ruined the game for myself. I will probably focus on my town though and playing with others. :3

I stay active by remembering who's in my town. Coco, Phoebe, Maple, Peanut, Eugene...
Also, I like to do giveaways and remodels.

I kept notes. I wrote date of last play; so that, with a return, I'd be resuming it on that play date.

It is important to take a break. But it is good not to get stressed.

:)

I set lots of goals based on all different areas of the game. I did get bored before the harvest festival and was having a hard time going on each day. Then I started to trade again on the ReTail boards and that made it fun again for me. I have lots of goals with villagers, badges, landscaping, etc

I don't know if a new player's insight will help, but here goes, I play as I go.

I only have a couple of villagers that I must keep, but I let the others come and go as they please. I might find a new favorite that way! Or come up with a better layout when a villager moves in in a bad spot.

I only TT when it's absolutely necessary. Like, the Harvest Festival when it was more important for me to be with family for a rather long day and I could play my game late at night and not worry about missing anything in the game. Otherwise, TT just makes the game really easy.

I'm lucky that I started a short while ago. It means everything is new. New items that I don't have every day! I think there is a point where when you have everything (this goes across all games, btw) or near enough to everything that there's nothing left to go for, but now at least you have some insight on what you want next or what you want to do differently.

There's all kinds of things to do at a restart though! Take a "no TT" pledge (except for case above). Start out with the very first map you are given and work with it! Only take villagers that come in and don't keep any that want to leave. How about a town with a ton of trees or a ton of flowers?
The game really is what you make of it I think.

I haven't played in months... I indirectly blame this forum for my lack of attachment to this Animal Crossing :(

All this mumbo jumbo about PERFECT MAP LAYOUT PERFECT VILLAGERS PERFECT EVERYTHING made me soooooo focused on having everything perfect that it really wasn't fun anymore. I deleted my town in hopes of playing again but it just hasn't happened yet. :(

^ this is why I feel the whole dreamie thing hurts the game experience sometimes. It's okay if not everyone in the town is beautiful, you know? The ugly ones are just as nice to talk to. My town's got a river so huge I need three bridges just to make it navigable, but I live with it and work round it--it makes life more interesting.

I haven't gotten bored, and I think it's just because I find that the badges, PWP's, and even the little tasks are rewarding. Plus, I have the drive to get every bug and fish in the game. Once I finish my museum I may need a new challenge.

I also find that since I joined this forum I am more interested than ever. I'm trying to help people get dreamies and I've also given away things that people need. I've also won a few things.

So, I guess the experience with the game and the forum are both enough to keep me going strong.

I haven't done the Festival yet, but I'm only days from it. It is stressing me but I'll probably end up okay.

I think December will be a pretty decent challenge to get all those items and stuff with the snowpeople (I don't know much about it) will be a task in itself. Maybe that will also motivate you and you'll return to the love. :)

i feel same as some of you have said!

that is why it doesn't really matter to me which villager comes and goes, or where they build their house. it's all good.

the game is obviously designed for constant change. why struggle against it and induce unnecessary stress and grief to yourself?

I had a set of dreamies but I found just looking for them took the fun out of it for me, so when I'd got them all it would probably ruin it for me.
I don't TT because that just makes the game easy and imo, isn't how the game is meant to be played. It kind of cheapens the experience. Not that I have anything against those that choose to TT.
I'm looking forward to the snow and I try to work on the museum and the badges.

This forum also keeps me interested, eventually I'd like to start trading items and giving away villagers.
I'm not going to keep 10 permanent villagers, Lolly and Willow will stay but everyone else can rotate.
The only villager I really must have again is Leonardo.

Thanks for all your posts guys! :)
I've managed to find a town layout that I like,but isn't perfect.Hopefully I can get Julian back and unlock the island through tt-ing then I'll be ready to play the game again! c:

Back