• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

so, my mom got animal crossing

peachesandicecream

Bells
Switch
6909-1440-7795
Waluigi Easter Egg
Ancient Lantern
Cake
Red Feather
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Cake
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
a little back story behind this is that my sister, my brother, and I all play animal crossing. my mom is obsessed with fish, especially gold fish. she loves animals in general, but fish has a special place in her heart. every morning she talks to her fish and she even has names for them. continuing on, she saw i was fishing quite awhile ago and i caught a goldfish. she freaked out. my mother, has NEVER been interested in games before, but when i tell you she went running to my dad to buy her the “cute animal game that you can fish in” she did exactly just that. now, we were all worried if my dad were to buy her it. she wouldn’t actually progress and literally just hoard fish all over her town. well a few days ago it was mother’s day. i woke up to my mom yelling at me, “PEACHESANDICECREAM I UPGRADED MY HOUSE AND I HAVE THREE BUTTERFLIES AND-“ yep. my dad did it. he bought her not only a switch, but also her horizons. a few days in she plays all the time.

some cute things that she said:
“this crooked mr nook keeps taking my money”
“why is there a dead seagull on my beach”
“i tried catching these weird cracks on the floor with my net, but nothing is happening?”
“do i HAVE to donate the fish? can i just keep them with me?”
“why do you and your siblings evict the ugly villagers? i like the ugly villagers. give the ugly villagers to me”

honestly the list goes on and on. my favorite thing that happened just today is that me and my sister tried to give her fruit to start an orchard. she ate it all. every single one. because apparently she would starve to death and she would be “damned if she died in debt to mr nook.” honestly growing up never seeing my mom touch a video game to now loving animal crossing is the most wholesome and cute thing i’ve seen in awhile. i thought that you guys would enjoy my small adorable asian mother and her conquest to get every fish in the game while thwarting mr nook and his hustling schemes <3

Now low key I want your mom to make a journal about her adventures in her island, because between Mr Nook's debt, eating all the fruits, not wanting to donate the fish to Blathers... Your mother's adventures are going to be so wholesome and funny ;u;

This is so adorable. It reminds me of my sister and I. We're twins and aside from our appearance, we're nothing alike. I like to play games and she doesn't. She mainly wanted something to do so she started watching me play new horizons. Gradually I started to allow her to play my game then a few days later she had her own switch and new horizons (which was a huge shock) and now we play together. She'll wake me up and ask to play with her. Or she'll send me texts about her adventures in the game. Now she wants the same villagers as me and when I asked why she said: "we're twins it's an unwritten rule we have to have the same things." Now I regret showing her the game lol.

Aww she seems so sweet and wholesome. I love how she wants all the 'ugly' villagers. My mum would do the same if she played but she doesn't because she is to busy playing township on her phone

Ahh I've been looking for a Switch to buy my mom, but I can't bring myself to do it at the inflated prices they're going for right now. :< I told her I will get her one as a belated Mother's Day gift, I think she will love this game too. She's concerned that there's "too many buttons" since she only plays mobile games, but she loved Pocket Camp so I think she could learn and get into this.

Haha thats cute!!
My mom was always a total gamer. Her mom had gotten computers before it was a big thing to have PCs (I think it was around 1970 or so? My mom was born in '66). We always had the newest gaming consoles (She was big into Sega and she got all her kids into video games) I play games like Overwatch with her a lot and when I got New Leaf on the 3DS, she did nothing but fish and catch all sorts of beetles all the time. I remember like...5 years ago I brought my DS with me in the car waiting for my sister to get out of class, she would go to the island and farm golden stags and I sucked at getting the golden stags LOL But she's always loved fishing in every game she could possibly fish in (Toontown, etc.)
I made the second character in my New Horizons after the one she created in New Leaf, Lovey!

What a lovely Mother's Day present! I'm so happy she's enjoying the game. It'll be fun for the both of you to play together. :)

My mom has never played Animal Crossing before but regularly watched me when I played. Did she find it difficult to navigate/learn the controls at first?

Also:

“why is there a dead seagull on my beach”

These quotes are hilarious, but that one is my favorite.
😂

My mom has played a little bit of the gamecube animal crossing and wild world on the Nintendo DS so she has played it before, but like a month ago I asked her if she would like to join my town with my brother and I, she said yes to trying it out, I taught her the controls, some basic mechanics, some tips and tricks to get started, some ideas of what to do and she has been hooked, she plays it pretty much everyday 1-2 times, she loves the game and decorating her house a lot :p She has a natural tropical garden theme going for her house as she loves plants and all that natural stuff.

Last edited:
Love it! I bought my mom a Switch for X-mas and my sister got her NH (mom played City Folk on Wii and loves Animal Crossing). After watching her play NH a bit, it looked so awesome I bought myself a Switch and here I am, obsessed and on TBT!!! Been a fun thing for us to chat about every day and help each other out with.

i love reading all the adorable stories of our families getting into animal crossing <3 i also just told her all the cute things everyone is saying and she said, “thank you, if they any pears they are more than welcome to come over and have them” (im crying omg) honestly though, i’m really thinking about making a journal thread of my mom’s adventures because she is just too endearing not too share with everyone!
Post automatically merged:

What a lovely Mother's Day present! I'm so happy she's enjoying the game. It'll be fun for the both of you to play together. :)

My mom has never played Animal Crossing before but regularly watched me when I played. Did she find it difficult to navigate/learn the controls at first?

Also:

These quotes are hilarious, but that one is my favorite.
😂

honestly she is kind of struggling with the game mechanics a bit. she really knows how to fish lol but for little things like collecting nook mile points she’s a little rusty and i have to help her. however, for some who who has never touched a game in her life she’s doing really well!

Now low key I want your mom to make a journal about her adventures in her island, because between Mr Nook's debt, eating all the fruits, not wanting to donate the fish to Blathers... Your mother's adventures are going to be so wholesome and funny ;u;

i’m really considering this! <3
Ahh I've been looking for a Switch to buy my mom, but I can't bring myself to do it at the inflated prices they're going for right now. :< I told her I will get her one as a belated Mother's Day gift, I think she will love this game too. She's concerned that there's "too many buttons" since she only plays mobile games, but she loved Pocket Camp so I think she could learn and get into this.
thats exactly what me and my dad we’re worried about! she’s doing really well adjusting to it! also have you checked out the switch lite? (my dad didn’t think it was worth it getting her an actual switch since she’s only going to play acnh)

This is SO cute! I can relate to liking the villagers everyone else thinks are ugly. I love ‘em.
My mom has a house on my island and she adores this game. Her favorite thing is just fishing and hoping to pull out something new and decorating her house. She’s about as cute as it comes playing this game.

lol too cute! My dad has a character on Our Island. Since he's working from home now due to quarantine, we've been playing via local multiplayer every day on his lunch break. These sessions usually consist of him running around catching bugs and fish and me following behind clapping every time he catches one. He's caught a few things I haven't gotten yet, so he's contributing to the museum too! He always gives me his message-in-a-bottle and all the balloons he shoots down! He says that they're my reward for babysitting him lol.

He's not really into gardening (I don't think he's even made a watering can) but he likes to decorate his house and yard, and he's constantly dressing himself in the weirdest outfits he can find, usually involving goggles and something bright yellow. Here's some of my favorite quotes from him:

"If I press 'a' again is it going to talk to me? I don't want to talk to it." -after being introduced to Timmy and Tommy.
"Look at him! He's still going strong. He needs to take a break." -referring to Octavian working out on the beach.
"How do I do my emojis again?" -so that he could clap for Marina while she was singing.
"The duck is LEAVING? Did you know that? Did you want him to leave?" -in a scandalized tone after discovering I booted out Derwin for Fauna.
"Quit TALKING TO ME" -every time he goes in to the dressing room.
"They're selling a bunch of snot today."-after finding nothing he liked in said dressing room
"There's daredevil." -every time he sees Mira. Her catchphrase is now "daredevil"
"Quit being mean to the bird, I like him." -referring to Keaton, who I kicked out for Diana. I don't think he's noticed yet/

Last edited:
This is adorable. I want to read her adventures too! Really makes you remember the soul of AC.
her genuine innocence is really the best part. she doesn’t know anything about the economy of animal crossing or rushing to finish her town. she is just having a good time and i’m so happy that she loves it
Post automatically merged:

lol too cute! My dad has a character on Our Island. Since he's working from home now due to quarantine, we've been playing via local multiplayer every day on his lunch break. These sessions usually consist of him running around catching bugs and fish and me following behind clapping every time he catches one. He's caught a few things I haven't gotten yet, so he's contributing to the museum too! He always gives me his message-in-a-bottle and all the balloons he shoots down! He says that they're my reward for babysitting him lol.

He's not really into gardening (I don't think he's even made a watering can) but he likes to decorate his house and yard, and he's constantly dressing himself in the weirdest outfits he can find, usually involving goggles and something bright yellow. Here's some of my favorite quotes from him:

"If I press 'a' again is it going to talk to me? I don't want to talk to it." -after being introduced to Timmy and Tommy.
"Look at him! He's still going strong. He needs to take a break." -referring to Octavian working out on the beach.
"How do I do my emojis again?" -so that he could clap for Marina while she was singing.
"The duck is LEAVING? Did you know that? Did you want him to leave?" -in a scandalized tone after discovering I booted out Derwin for Fauna.
"Quit TALKING TO ME" -every time he goes in to the dressing room.
"They're selling a bunch of snot today."-after finding nothing he liked in said dressing room
"There's daredevil." -every time he sees Mira. Her catchphrase is now "daredevil"
"Quit being mean to the bird, I like him." -referring to Keaton, who I kicked out for Diana. I don't think he's noticed yet/
it would be so entertaining to watch your dad and my mom playing together omg

Back