• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

So, I e-mailed Nintendo....

Wha.......wha the GRASS WONT GROW AGAIN???? doesnt it grow back? I thought it would start to come back after a month at least!

<3Ainyo said:
...And the grass won't, you know, grow again?
No, the grass won't regrow, I time travelled 2 years and It didn't change at all, and until someone provides good evidence that it does regrow, I will beleive it.

Tyler said:
<3Ainyo said:
No, the grass won't regrow, I time travelled 2 years and It didn't change at all, and until someone provides good evidence that it does regrow, I will beleive it.
You have to plant trees and flowers

K. K. said:
Tyler said:
<3Ainyo said:
My town is full of trees, but I bareley have any flowers.....

Tyler said:
K. K. said:
Tyler said:
<3Ainyo said:
Just think about it there is always grass around trees

K. K. said:
Tyler said:
<3Ainyo said:
damn I guess my towns gonna be a barren desert!! FILLED WITH DIRT NOW!! hmm....I think if you plant flowers and water that area it would grow back! Im not sure though....

K. K. said:
Tyler said:
K. K. said:
Tyler said:
<3Ainyo said:
Just think about it there is always grass around trees
I planted new trees in the bare spots, but no grass grew around it

Tyler said:
<3Ainyo said:
Ah! Um, well, I looked it up and actually found a solution for grass loss... want to hear?

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Solutions to excessive grass loss
Some players find that after several weeks of play there's very little grass left. In the winter, complete erosion of the snow can prevent players from obtaining Snowman furniture. One drastic solution is to Time Travel forward using the Wii system clock, loading one day at a time. Simply jumping forward a few months has no effect on the grass. Your grass should be fully grown back from a complete desert in 6 months.

Another method is to place pattern paths to all the most visited places in town, using them exclusively while the grass is in a state of recovery. Note that the patterns themselves do not have an effect on the grass in any way. They are merely a tool to help players develop paths only where they are desired. Early regrowth is fragile; walking over it even once will cause it to visibly disappear. For this reason, players who use this method may have to refrain from shaking trees or digging up fossils and gyroids until the grass reaches a certain stage of recovery. Grass grows faster under trees and flowers and, for a town that has not yet eroded to the point of desertification, planting trees and flowers in problem areas may be enough to reverse or halt the damage. However, the act of walking to the flowers to water them will erode the grass you walk across to reach the flowers. Placing the flowers along the pattern paths themselves is an option while the town is in the early stages of recovery. Natural dirt spots will not grow back.

Whether you're trying to prevent future desertification or are in the process of regrowing your grass, there are are a few things that should be avoided. Unnecessary reloading of the game makes your grass more vulnerable to new wear. Not reloading is not a complete solution, however, as some additional, slower wear still does occur within a single load after stepping on a tile of grass for the first time and the grass becomes susceptible to the faster wear again after 6am. When there are multiple players of the same game file, it may be difficult to avoid reloading. In those cases, pattern paths may be additionally beneficial, as they encourage different people to take the same routes through the town. You should only run where you want a path to form. Do not use the same area repeatedly for rolling snowballs into snowmen; this can very quickly erode an otherwise untouched area of snow.

Source: http://accf.wikispaces.com</div>
Now I hope that is of some help :) (I'm actually relieved, too)

<3Ainyo said:
Tyler said:
<3Ainyo said:
Ah! Um, well, I looked it up and actually found a solution for grass loss... want to hear?

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Solutions to excessive grass loss
Some players find that after several weeks of play there's very little grass left. In the winter, complete erosion of the snow can prevent players from obtaining Snowman furniture. One drastic solution is to Time Travel forward using the Wii system clock, loading one day at a time. Simply jumping forward a few months has no effect on the grass. Your grass should be fully grown back from a complete desert in 6 months.

Another method is to place pattern paths to all the most visited places in town, using them exclusively while the grass is in a state of recovery. Note that the patterns themselves do not have an effect on the grass in any way. They are merely a tool to help players develop paths only where they are desired. Early regrowth is fragile; walking over it even once will cause it to visibly disappear. For this reason, players who use this method may have to refrain from shaking trees or digging up fossils and gyroids until the grass reaches a certain stage of recovery. Grass grows faster under trees and flowers and, for a town that has not yet eroded to the point of desertification, planting trees and flowers in problem areas may be enough to reverse or halt the damage. However, the act of walking to the flowers to water them will erode the grass you walk across to reach the flowers. Placing the flowers along the pattern paths themselves is an option while the town is in the early stages of recovery. Natural dirt spots will not grow back.

Whether you're trying to prevent future desertification or are in the process of regrowing your grass, there are are a few things that should be avoided. Unnecessary reloading of the game makes your grass more vulnerable to new wear. Not reloading is not a complete solution, however, as some additional, slower wear still does occur within a single load after stepping on a tile of grass for the first time and the grass becomes susceptible to the faster wear again after 6am. When there are multiple players of the same game file, it may be difficult to avoid reloading. In those cases, pattern paths may be additionally beneficial, as they encourage different people to take the same routes through the town. You should only run where you want a path to form. Do not use the same area repeatedly for rolling snowballs into snowmen; this can very quickly erode an otherwise untouched area of snow.

OMG! Thank you for this, It helps a lot!!!

<3Ainyo said:
Tyler said:
<3Ainyo said:

OMG my idea is stupid watering the ground XD

Back