• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Smash Bros Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

Game and Watch is considered a higher tier character now! My time has come!

Ultimate is my first Smash game lol, but been having a lot of fun playing it with friends :D

Last edited:
I just got this game as my first Switch game! I’ve been having a blast with it so far. I still have a ways to go before unlocking all the characters though, even with the “fast” strategy... lmao

Last edited:
I don't know why but I have this feeling that they'll add Sora from Kingdom Hearts as the next DLC character (or the final one). Persona 5, Dragon Quest XI... it's just so fitting to have Sora there. ^_^

So what are everyone's thoughts on Hero? Not someone I'd play as competitively, but definitely a fun and unique character!

Anyone also watch Evo?

Im getting "K. Rool is broken" flashbacks from all this "Hero is OP" BS.

He suffers a ton to rush down, down b is super punishable and none of his down b attacks have anything but vertical range. His neutral B and Side B are easily his best neutral tools and the fact that he can cheese you at ridiculously low percents are the only things that make him good. His up b has no rising hitbox and slow startup and hes super easily to edgeguard.

I think hes very cheese heavy and incosistent, the only thing that needs to be nerfed is magic burst, which is basically like a final smash.

- - - Post Merge - - -

people are saying hes campybut other than side b he really doesnt have consistent zoning tools and is forced to approach eventually. Neutral B has stupid knockback and a huge hitbox but is pretty slow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyone also watch Evo?

Yeahhh my man RAITO coming in strong. People finally realizing Duck Hunt is high tier as Raito has been consistently getting top 8 and top 16 at majors. Was rooting for him and Kameme, especially after Kameme sent MKLeo into losers bracket. Also kinda shocked Marss didnt make it to top 8 but a lot of Japanese players that dont travel to the US came in and made for a few wild card showings (Shogun, Nietono, Kome)

Last edited:
the damage output for hero makes absolutely no sense, and moves that just instakill... hero is dumb, but I will say that it is very easy to punish him if you know what you are doing.

I tend to go for characters with good mobility, I hang out away from hero and get in for good punishes pretty easy. I wish I didn't have to be so patient, but its just what you need to learn for him.

Last edited:
the damage output for hero makes absolutely no sense, and moves that just instakill... hero is dumb, but I will say that it is very easy to punish him if you know what you are doing.

I tend to go for characters with good mobility, I hang out away from hero and get in for good punishes pretty easy. I wish I didn't have to be so patient, but its just what you need to learn for him.

I think he will receive some nerf in the next patch, and those nerfs will make him nonviable for top level competitive play. I am hoping for more of a rework than a nerf so he can still be played but not be awful. Currently he has too many gimmicks that are unfair or impossible to play around (ie magic burst at ledge).

8YKg79f.jpg

I've only played against Hero 2 times so far so don't take anything I say seriously, but he seems mostly fine. Maybe shorten the duration on some moves like magic burst and bounce but that's about it. (Seriously imagine playing Megaman against a Hero with bounce up. You just have to run away for 15 seconds or however long it lasts. Doesn't sound very fun imo)
Altho crits... I'd be fine with seeing them changed in some way.

^ Cool! I've won a few myself :p
ECXMFwTVAAAt3r8
ECXMRkaUYAAPe1g

ECXMeqIU4AAAzfz

I trolled hard with the Dedede one hahaha

Last edited:
I'm going all Yoshi for the classic!
z59gaVx.jpg

Pink Yoshi: Smell mah ass!
BIxHxTA.jpg

So there will be more DLC fighters in the future, not just those 5 ones? Sounds interesting. Who knows,
maybe Waluigi still has a chance to become a playable character.

Also, while I'm not a Undertale fan, I must say that the Sans Mii costume looks pretty cool. Too bad they
didn't include a Jessie and James costume along with the Team Rocket grunt ones.

I have been playing Super Smash Bros. for many years. Nearly all my life actually. No matter how many times I practice or play Smash I can never seem to even get close to a professional level and it frustrates me to no end.

I have been playing Super Smash Bros. for many years. Nearly all my life actually. No matter how many times I practice or play Smash I can never seem to even get close to a professional level and it frustrates me to no end.

I haven't won any tourney.

Back