• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

Ha! I love the green scale battles, and that the 2nd guy reported on the tourney thread that he won 420 : -69. xD

xP I've only been to 1 tournament and that also didn't have all the characters unlocked. And between matches the CPU Wario to unlock him continually beat the winners. xD Challenger Wario was almost the true winner of the tournament. (most of us were rooting for Wario)

Super Smash Bros. Wii U stream tonight! I'm aiming for 8:30PM EST, as my usual. So that's approximately in an hour.

I'll be on Skype this time, with the special guest that happens to be my younger (recently engaged) brother. : ) Should be a lot of fun!

Super Smash Bros. Wii U friends matches will be LIVE in about 10 minutes!

Stream will be here: http://www.twitch.tv/shiirahime

You know the drill, folks. : ) Fair warning for my swearing. And please be respectful and courteous to other players!

You're all more than welcome to stop by and watch/play! (Though if you want to play, you'll have to add my NNID first and let me know what yours is so I can accept the request!)

Please don't be a jerk to my younger brother! (He's not really that young, though. So we're not talking a teenager or something.)

Thanks to everyone who came/played in the stream! Big crowd tonight and loads of fun! : ) I hope you guys enjoyed it! And I hope we'll be seeing more of Mike (my bro) around for more streams in the future! (For someone that has only played a few hours of the new Smash game, he's pretty good. o_O)

Thanks to everyone who came/played in the stream! Big crowd tonight and loads of fun! : ) I hope you guys enjoyed it! And I hope we'll be seeing more of Mike (my bro) around for more streams in the future! (For someone that has only played a few hours of the new Smash game, he's pretty good. o_O)

Did ANYONE like my Tree Branch stage? It was the first one we played on!

Did ANYONE like my Tree Branch stage? It was the first one we played on!

I thought it was a budding flower. LOL

It was cute, though. The only issue seems to be when someone falls to that bottom area, it's hard to get out. For the record, it took me a little while to remember that custom stages were playable, so I was trying to figure out what the stage was. lol

I thought it was a budding flower. LOL

It was cute, though. The only issue seems to be when someone falls to that bottom area, it's hard to get out. For the record, it took me a little while to remember that custom stages were playable, so I was trying to figure out what the stage was. lol

Yeah I should fix that. It's usually fine with the characters I use a lot, but I never use Palutena unless it's with customs. And LOTS of speed.

learn to short hop

embrace the air

get good with rest

rollout practice will help too (its also pretty effective for killing, albeit arguably riskier)

sing can actually be useful unlike other games, so if you need help for rest kills this could maybe do it

all her grabs are pretty swell, doing 10% damage, so try mixing those up as well

be wary of shield-breakers and ultra-strong moves, due to puff being the only chara that dies on shield-break

don't rush

whatever you do, don't rush. jiggs isn't a rushdown chara. don't bite off more than you can chew

http://pastebin.com/0rrqb8L6

should be mostly relevant still

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh, and learn roll distance too

since rest is a pretty great way to punish roll spammers

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh and pound can 2-hit into shield-break, but I wouldn't rely on it to do that with shield recharge speed

Last edited:
learn to short hop

embrace the air

get good with rest

rollout practice will help too (its also pretty effective for killing, albeit arguably riskier)

sing can actually be useful unlike other games, so if you need help for rest kills this could maybe do it

all her grabs are pretty swell, doing 10% damage, so try mixing those up as well

be wary of shield-breakers and ultra-strong moves, due to puff being the only chara that dies on shield-break

don't rush

whatever you do, don't rush. jiggs isn't a rushdown chara. don't bite off more than you can chew

http://pastebin.com/0rrqb8L6

should be mostly relevant still

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh, and learn roll distance too

since rest is a pretty great way to punish roll spammers

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh and pound can 2-hit into shield-break, but I wouldn't rely on it to do that with shield recharge speed

OK,thanks!

*wonders if that's a reference to sing being useless in Pokemon*

no, sing was pretty useless in earlier Smash iterations of Smash due to enemies pretty much always waking up before you could follow up with anything. now its wake-up period isn't as fast though, so it can actually be of some use at mid to high percents

but if you use it to combo into rest, make sure you have an idea of the enemy's hitbox, since some are pretty wonky, making it you basically have to be completely overlapping. then there's even a few (iirc dedede's one, but I can't remember the others off the top of my head... hopefully the primer I linked has them listed though) that you won't be able to pull the rest off by simply walking/running into them. so you'll need to roll or short hop into the rest.

ps most if not all of jigglys customs are kinda ****, so I wouldn't worry about those

Last edited:
With a 55% chance rate of Sing in the actual Pokemon games, yes, Sing is actually useful in Smash lmao.

oh, and on sing, learning to ledge cancel with it (not really hard), could help in some rare cases

though def don't rely on this, as its both horribly readable and punishable

Hey guys, if your Internet doesn't suck then you should join the Smash tourney! You don't need to be good and there's no reason to feel bad if you lose! 2500 TBT prize pool!

Sonic user killed himself twice by accident due to lag.
Link user kept spamming arrows on the other side of the field and got punished when coming near me.

Thanks based For Glory, you also gave me some typical Little Mac users too.

Back