• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

I was playing For Glory, and there was this person who lost to me 6 times in a row because I'm too good with Villager. :3 (Well, one of the wins was when he played as Little Mac and just Side-B'd off of the edge both times. I only took 14%...)

I love it when I beat people 10 times in a row + bc I see 100% on the records like yay

I'm sorrrrryyyy. Timzones are a sucky thing. : ( I feel like your Jigglypuff icon is glaring at me.
I will glare you so hard m8, harder than you've ever been glared at.

If I can like, ever get the chance to battle you, 1v1 me so I can rek u gud B)

Anyone want to play smash on 3DS? I've been trying out palutena and I think my body is ready to get rekt

I got the 3DS version, and we will get the Wii U version.

Screen shot 2015-01-26 at 9.15.36 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh, I was originally going to stream Smash tonight, but I have to call it off. I've got a heck of a headache I just can't shake.

Maybe later this week!

Ahh, I was originally going to stream Smash tonight, but I have to call it off. I've got a heck of a headache I just can't shake.

Maybe later this week!

I just came online to see if it was on. :p But this probably works out better for me as should be able to play later if it's another day. (y)
Hope your headache improves! ~sends soothing vibes~

Last edited:
I'm glad they did this because there were stages that would've worked fine with 8 players (Brawl's Mario Circuit comes to mind) but instead of choosing the big stages, they just chose some random ones. Onett and Yoshi's Island don't work with 8-player smash, and they never will.

8 player stages aren't chosen by size, but by performance, so some of the new stages for 5+ in this update have been toned down performance wise

Is there a reason the banner has suddenly changed to the SSB banner?

8 player stages aren't chosen by size, but by performance, so some of the new stages for 5+ in this update have been toned down performance wise

Yeah, I think Norfair doesn't have lava and Pyrosphere doesn't have Ridley, unfortunately.

Is there a reason the banner has suddenly changed to the SSB banner?

Yeah, I think Norfair doesn't have lava and Pyrosphere doesn't have Ridley, unfortunately.

Well that's a good thing to me. But yeah, all are missing stuff.
Apparently the AC stages are missing some of the background AC characters, Luigis mansion doesn't collapse, the mirror is missing in Wii Fit Studio, no Shy Guys on Mario Kart (brawl) and I think Pokemon Stadium doesn't switch to different scenes.

[haven't played them all myself yet, this is just from what I've read online]

Well that's a good thing to me. But yeah, all are missing stuff.
Apparently the AC stages are missing some of the background AC characters, Luigis mansion doesn't collapse, the mirror is missing in Wii Fit Studio, no Shy Guys on Mario Kart (brawl) and I think Pokemon Stadium doesn't switch to different scenes.

[haven't played them all myself yet, this is just from what I've read online]

I'll go try it for myself now, and I want to see if the features are removed in 6 and maybe 4 player smash when selecting 8-player smash... Gamexplain showed that the mirror isn't there for Wii Fit Studio, so that's true.

I'll go try it for myself now, and I want to see if the features are removed in 6 and maybe 4 player smash when selecting 8-player smash... Gamexplain showed that the mirror isn't there for Wii Fit Studio, so that's true.

They're not removed in 4 player. So this isn't an answer to can we have a hazards off mode. Don't know if this is still the case for 6 players, however, I do know that Skyworld is the only standard stage available for 5-6 and not 7-8 now though. So we effectively had all the previous 5-6 player only stages unlocked for 7-8 too. Omega mode has a couple others 5-6 only I believe, but I don't use it so didn't check which.

Yep, it's all true. Now to see if they happen with 4 or 6 players.

- - - Post Merge - - -

hazards are turned off for 6 players, but not 4, even in 8-player smash.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And Gamexplain makes a video on it.

it's almost been three months and i still don't have this game or the mario kart 8 dlc :c

So a friend of mine thinks that Greninja is a clone of another character. Yet Dark Pit isn't.

I'm sorry...what? I know this guy, and he loves Kid Icarus yet hates Pokemon, but I can't tell if he's biased, stupid, or both.

Back