• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Silly things that get your heart racing in game lol

One time I said I'd let KK pick the song and he picked KK Synth, and due to Aika village being popular back then, I was so scared that I shut off my 3ds so it wouldn't be in my catalog. I still get chills when I see a red doll in anyone's house...

Another thing is when villagers plot on top of my paths... especially after I return from months of not playing. But at the same time, plot resetting is too much of a hassle for me.

Also scorpions and tarantulas totally scare me.

Oh yeah, and need I mention the end of KK Lullaby? What is UP with that? Every single time, even if I expect it... it gets me bad

"I really think i've been overstaying my welcome here..." (?・_・`)

Last edited:
"I really think i've been overstaying my welcome here..." (?・_・`)

YESSS the villagers are like really impatient and must be allergic to awkward silences.
Another one that startles me is when they just drop in while I'm arranging furniture or chilling in my house.

The fishing part is definitely not relaxing ;) and I remember trying to catch a giant snakehead and every time I would see a shadow that was even close to that size I would panic and pull the rod up too soon :( catching tarantulas and scorpions, especially when they would be spinning round in a circle, or when they would spot me...I'd pretty much know it's too late once they were looking at me but I'd still do a mad rush to get my net out before getting bitten.

Not fishing in general, I actually find it really zen. But huge fish, even once I finished the encyclopedia, get my heart pumping every time :p

Diving during tours! I'm always panicking when I'm underwater.. just cant seem to grab them in time. It's usually... one more push and you've got it!! Then *poof*, bubbles. It's embarrassing during the medal ceremony when they announce how poorly you've done. xD

When I'm in a conversation with a villager, and another one suddenly pings me. I start spam mashing B to speed the conversation along, desperate to answer the pinging villager because WHAT IF IT'S A PWP AND A MISS IT????

Seeing a bug I didn't catch yet and also the island tours. Especially when it's the last 30 seconds and the music gets all speedy and nervous!

- Sharks, definitely
- When I'm looking out for new villager plots
- "Oh, mayor, one of our residents....."

and last one, not really heart racing in the same way but Marshal's sweet letters :)
They're just all so cute

When I'm updating my dream town. I always get so nervious that Luna will change my dream code again. I sigh with relief when it's all updated and the code stayed the same.

It seems like the scorpions and tartantulas were scarier in wild world. I remember getting so scared and jumping when they would run towards me. That always had my heart racing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Before I knew how to keep my villagers, I would get so scared when I would start my game and Isabelle would say "By the way..." There was always that fear that she would say that one of my villagers was moving out.

TTing for a villager to move out to get a new one... or when a favorite villager is sick... (Ik they get better in 3 days but my heart omg my heart cant take it...)

When I forget there's an event, and after Isabelle says hi, she says something else and I always get scared someone is moving out without warning me :(

I get nervous when I start up a game, sometimes. And if Isabelle has a pause after "OK, all set!" instead of wishing me a nice day, I get nervous, thinking a dreamie is about to move out. and GOD FORBID if I EVER, EVER see this...
2178b43f0e.jpg

I'll reset if I ever see this, and a LOT of work has gone into Nentown.

When Isabelle stops you on the title screen to tell you something. Usually it's about an event or something, but I'm always so scared someone is moving. ;~;

Hunting scorpions or tarantulas freaks me out. Especially if they decide to jump over a tiny ledge or pond. It's like "Okay, I'm safe on this side. I'll just creep over to the left and...AAAARRRGGGGHHH!!!!!! HOW DID IT GET MEEEEE???!!!!!"

Every single time I load up my game.
First I'm dreading seeing that red box saying my town get corrupted.
Second Isabelle saying, "Oh, and mayor Namiko, blah dee blah is moving away tomorrow, sad isn't it?"

I read everyone's posts, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh at least a little :rolleyes:

When I see a shark, my heart instantly begins to panic and I'm all like "COME ON CORRIE FOCUS GIRL GET IT." XD

The only thing that makes me anxious are the island games and the spider that hunts you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

When a beloved villager moved out I just get a heartbreak, personally.

Back