• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Signs of Bad-looking Streetpassers?

Haha this post has realised how much I suck! I am one of those that has a room full of Fortune Cookie items. I feel ashamed!

I'm a fan of Zelda, and I have the full Hero's outfit. I've spent millions of bells on my house. Does that make me a bad streetpasser? XD

I don't care about the houses. I only care if they have catalog-able DLC items.
I collected 42 DLC items so far.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Zelda, and I have the full Hero's outfit. I've spent millions of bells on my house. Does that make me a bad streetpasser? XD

No o:

I really hate the title of this thread honestly. People should be allowed to have whatever they want in their house. If it annoys you that you get that house in your street pass area, shutup, delete the house, and move on with your life. I guess there's nothing wrong with complaining, but calling people "bad streetpassers" just because attributes of their home annoys you is just kind of ..rude. Even if it was something along the lines of "Streetpassers annoy me sometime.." .."I hate seeing the same thing over and over." that would have probably been even better.

yeah the nintendo item main room has gotten a bit old ...

though ive had good luck with alot of my street passers. i do get alittle mad when its the start house with a tiny room or no additional rooms.

mixed feelings about the refurbished items, especially when they are ones i want. i mean on the one hand good for them for making it their own style. but on the other ... I CANT BUY THAT!!!!!!!!!

I don't get StreetPassed ever, and I have absolutely none of those items or generic things.. So I'm fine, haha

I don't bother with StreetPass or looking at the HHS, 'cos it's a useless feature for me, since I don't live anywhere where I'm likely to get hits.

Haha this post has realised how much I suck! I am one of those that has a room full of Fortune Cookie items. I feel ashamed!

Don't even. There's nothing wrong with liking that stuff or putting it out. You only have to please yourself!

I just reset my town and i am kind of the bad streetpasser. In my old town i had like all the golden exteriors, got a mansion, exotic bathroom, big kitchen, living room of a gamer, theme room, and bedrooms and 185 790 points. But i TT a lot like over a year, (yeah:( ), so it felt like cheating then i restart. But my new home has a lot of ice furniture. I got like 20 bad streetpassers.

Here's something to consider: for those of us who have been playing ac for years going bk to the gc version most of the furniture sets have been in all versions of the game to date. So my thinking is as far as the mermaid,balloon nintendo and rococo sets is that they r new and different. Old timers are probably bored with the same old sets so it makes sense we gravitate toward the new stuff. I have the mermaid set(minus the screen) in my house and am working on collecting the rococo set cause i like them and they arent the same old stuff. i also have collected all of the balloon set and most of the nintendo set but i didnt keep those. and yes i have bubblegum k.k. on my radio. it seems to fit in my sweets room so i like it.

My rooms are pretty much complete sets. One of them being rococo. Guess that makes me a boring streetpasser. Heres the thing though, I don't give a you-know-what. I decorate my home to please myself, not you.

I'm happy for whatever streetpasses I got when I was still playing AC actively.

Last edited:
I kind of roll my eyes when the first room I walk into is a nintendo/balloon room, but I don't think that makes them a bad streetpasser. We all like to decorate our houses differently and I think it's fun to look through someone else's house no matter what.

Lol I don't think those things make people a "bad street-passer." I don't think there's such a thing. I guess I must be a horrible street-passer. Almost every item in my house is customized or unorderable so there isn't much to buy from my house. Not everyone plays obsessively or spends hours working on their houses. They decorate their home how they want, not to impress other people or fill other people's catalog.

I got one, people who think I decorate my house for them...
I happen to like the Nintendo items And I like bubblegum kk, big deal! Doesn't make me a bad street passer, the rest of my house has other things not on your list so why does a few "bad" things write me off?
I don't decorate for you, it's just a part of the game you get to see my house, not here to show off, just play the game my way.
Sheesh rude much?

^^^^^^^^^^ I literally just started.. Do you expect me to have a full exclusive series? yeesh :(

My house sucks for streetpass. I have over a million HHA points with the gold exterior, and pretty much everything is unorderable. Sloppy room, 7-11 room, cabana/island/pirate room, weeding and insect set room, with DLCs and villager pics. To make up for it, I display my different colored heart and bunny balloons so there'll be something cool and orderable.

Last edited:
To make up for it, I display my different colored heart and bunny balloons so there'll be something cool and orderable.
As someone who tediously goes through every streetpassed house praying for balloons: you are doing the lords work, my friend.

How is having generic items make you a bad Streetpasser? I don't really get it :confused:
I guess some people don't like seeing the same things all over again, but may I remind everyone that that is their game and they can do anything they want with it.

You can also just look at their scores... Most of them have low scores, even if they have a fully furnished house, simply because they have rooms where lots of items are just thrown together.

I don't see any reason to call them "bad", though. Not everyone plays ACNL like the people in the online fandom do, and there are also kids who play it.

Back